did you daughter get hpv vaccine?

• yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • no

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Did you have your daughter vaccinated? Jut curious. I have a 13 y/o and just started wondering if I should look into this.

HotPinkChicken

My daughter is 12 and she's getting her second shot in the series next week. I knew from the moment it came out it was something I would do. However, I wanted to wait until it had been on the market for a while first. In no way do I look at it as an invitation for her to be sexually active in a few years. I look at it as a way to protect her from the many, many things out there that could harm her. I have sons younger than her, and they will be getting it as well.

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
No, I won't let my daughter get the vaccine. If she is dumb enough to sleep with a dirt ball that gives her an STD she deserves whatever she got.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
so your daughter is having sex at 13.... wow

My daughter is not having sex and not close to having sex. She still plays with dolls and toys. They start offering the vaccine at the age of 8. I have just recently started thinking about it because you hear the statistics all the time of the amount of people who are positive.

This is not me giving her approval to start having sex but when that time comes I would like to know she is protected as much as possible. It is a series of 3 shots I believe that is spread out over months.

While I would love to believe my daughter will remain a virgin until marriage, I doubt that will happen. She is a freshman in high school and I know she will start to hang around girls who have had sex if she hasnt already met some.

My job is to educate her about the risks of having sex and encourage her to wait but I also can't be there to hold her hand 24/7.

No, I won't let my daughter get the vaccine. If she is dumb enough to sleep with a dirt ball that gives her an STD she deserves whatever she got.
Males don't display signs of having the virus. They are carriers who pick it up from one female and give it to others without realizing they have it.

Roman

That's a pretty harsh statement! Not all people with STD's are "Dirt Bags". Even clean & healthy looking people with good back grounds can get an STD. With this HPV Vaccine, it only covers the virus that can cause Cervical Cancer later in life. If that vaccine was out when my Daughter was younger, she would have gotten it.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
It might make sense to subject your children to this vaccine if it did what people have been told it does. Not all malignancies (especially genital/oral malignancies) are caused by HPV. Not all HPV strains cause genital/oral malignancies. The vaccine does not protect against all the HPV strains that have the major associations with genital/oral malignancies. So it's a lot like getting a license to prevent fatal automobile accidents. You may feel protected but you still have to drive defensively.

Roman

It might make sense to subject your children to this vaccine if it did what people have been told it does. Not all malignancies (especially genital/oral malignancies) are caused by HPV. Not all HPV strains cause genital/oral malignancies. The vaccine does not protect against all the HPV strains that have the major associations with genital/oral malignancies. So it's a lot like getting a license to prevent fatal automobile accidents. You may feel protected but you still have to drive defensively.

:yeahthat: Very well stated!!

Wenchy

Hot Flash
You are supposed to get the shot years before sexual activity in order to allow your immune system to build.

Once you are sexually active, it's a moot point.

Exactly. Too late for my daughter. We would have if we could have.

Males don't display signs of having the virus. They are carriers who pick it up from one female and give it to others without realizing they have it.

We get to birth the babies as well.

My doctor says I may have contracted the virus at birth. Who knows?
All of my college dorm mates had HPV and I wasn't fooling around at college.

Vaccine against it? Absolutely. Condoms? Definitely.

frequentflier

happy to be living
My daughter is not having sex and not close to having sex. She still plays with dolls and toys. They start offering the vaccine at the age of 8. I have just recently started thinking about it because you hear the statistics all the time of the amount of people who are positive.

This is not me giving her approval to start having sex but when that time comes I would like to know she is protected as much as possible. It is a series of 3 shots I believe that is spread out over months.

While I would love to believe my daughter will remain a virgin until marriage, I doubt that will happen. She is a freshman in high school and I know she will start to hang around girls who have had sex if she hasnt already met some.

My job is to educate her about the risks of having sex and encourage her to wait but I also can't be there to hold her hand 24/7.

She is a freshman in high school and still plays with dolls?

Wenchy

Hot Flash
HPV sounds like the new HIV. The difference? A vaccination is available. Protect and educate your children.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
HPV sounds like the new HIV. The difference? A vaccination is available. Protect and educate your children.

To be fair..the other GLARING difference is that the majority of people with HPV (and among adults, the number is crazy high) never have a problem or even know they have it. Ever. So, I wouldn't link it with HIV, which will kill you, with almost no exceptions. (ok to be technical AIDS will kill you)

I am not sure why so many people freak out that this is a "sexually transmitted" disease...the fact is that the prevalence rate is extremely high, and even if your daughter waits until she's married to have sex, and her hubby has had sex with even one other person, it is more likely than not that he has or can pass HPV.

I, personally, am still up in the air about the vaccine. The major issue is, of course, cervical cancer...the vaccine can protect against SOME of the strains of HPV that MAY cause cancer. I would think that regular paps and check ups are more useful..especially since you need them anyway, vaccine or not. So it seems like the usefulness isn't exactly proven. I do not, however, think it is some kind of permission to have sex or some other stupid ridiculous thing a bunch of cluless people have come up with, but rather an added layer of protection for your daughter's health, if you so choose. My bigger worry is the people that are so postively against it and screech that is giving their kid permission to have sex, or that they won't need it because they would NEVER have sex, will also keep their kid from coming to them with issues, or worse, not make sure their daughter goes to the gyno for regular screenings, including a pap to check for cancer. That's how you get 19 yos with metastic cancer from their cervical cancer.

camily

Peace
My daughter got it and I'll have my other daughter get it when she's older. Not only helps to protect them if they choose to have sex, but God forbid something else happens out of their control.