Husbands vs Horses

S

saddlesore

appendixqh said:
:killingme What about the peeps that go both ways....you know English and Western?

I go both ways. :blushing: But I have only shown English. I guess that means I'm in the closet :whistle:

S

saddlesore

Pasofever said:
Happy told you she has fun.. :whistle:

And all this time I thought 'being on the bit' meant something a little different. . . . . :whistle:

S

saddlesore

Weren't there a bunch of shows over the weekend? Mt. Wanderers and a dressage show, right? Who went? How was it? C'mon, spit it out. Inquiring minds want to know!

K

Katie

saddlesore said:
Weren't there a bunch of shows over the weekend? Mt. Wanderers and a dressage show, right? Who went? How was it? C'mon, spit it out. Inquiring minds want to know!

Saturday - Dressage show
I got 5th in my In-hand class, and 1st in my under saddle class. Ashton was a really good boy and did well. I did scratch my dressage test for a couple of reasons, but I don't regret it either.

Sunday - Mt. Wanderer's.
It went well, I didn't end up riding at all. The horse was a little freaky, and I didn't have my britches to ride hunt seat. I was not going to get on her back in a saddle seat saddle with the way she was acting.

S

saddlesore

Katie said:
Saturday - Dressage show
I got 5th in my In-hand class, and 1st in my under saddle class. Ashton was a really good boy and did well. I did scratch my dressage test for a couple of reasons, but I don't regret it either.

Sunday - Mt. Wanderer's.
It went well, I didn't end up riding at all. The horse was a little freaky, and I didn't have my britches to ride hunt seat. I was not going to get on her back in a saddle seat saddle with the way she was acting.

Well done! :yay: You know, a big part of showing is simply the experience of being there with your horse. And if your horse was a little freaky, then it was wise to scratch. Your horse still had the experience of being there, and you showed good judgment in acknowledging his temperament at that time. Meanwhile, you and Ashton have racked up that much more experience, and he knows that if things don't feel right to him, that you aren't going to crack the whip :wench: and insist, and make things ugly for him. This way you've ended the experience on a good note!

K

Katie

saddlesore said:
Well done! :yay: You know, a big part of showing is simply the experience of being there with your horse. And if your horse was a little freaky, then it was wise to scratch. Your horse still had the experience of being there, and you showed good judgment in acknowledging his temperament at that time. Meanwhile, you and Ashton have racked up that much more experience, and he knows that if things don't feel right to him, that you aren't going to crack the whip :wench: and insist, and make things ugly for him. This way you've ended the experience on a good note!

It wasn't Ashton on Sunday. He has the next two weeks off from horse shows!

It was a pretty little National Show Horse that I was going to ride saddle seat. She hadn't been to a show in a few years, so this was good for her.

S

saddlesore

Katie said:
It wasn't Ashton on Sunday. He has the next two weeks off from horse shows!

It was a pretty little National Show Horse that I was going to ride saddle seat. She hadn't been to a show in a few years, so this was good for her.

Ah, well then, that was double the good experience and doubly wise in scratching and just letting her experience all the chaos that is a show ;-P

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
happyappygirl said:
Lemme see
Sunday we went to Percy's place and rode, swam with the horses

You forgot the part about when Chester decided he was gonna fully submerge himself along with you in the pond:lmao:. You came out of the water with your:yikes: high beams on. You should of told us you were going to do the wet t-shirt thing...I would of defintly had a camera. :gossip:you have now passed your initiation test. We do have alot of fun, don't we!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mygoldnhorse said:
You forgot the part about when Chester decided he was gonna fully submerge himself along with you in the pond:lmao:. You came out of the water with your:yikes: high beams on. You should of told us you were going to do the wet t-shirt thing...I would of defintly had a camera. :gossip:you have now passed your initiation test. We do have alot of fun, don't we!
Now wouldn't cha say thems were some PEEPS? :lol:

WHAT fun!

MorganLover

happyappygirl said:
Now wouldn't cha say thems were some PEEPS? :lol:

WHAT fun!

OH MY, man why do i miss all the fun action the rides i go on with you guys are long and blah lol. You took chester that PONY BOY IN DEEP WATER without floats??? what were you thinking.

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
MorganLover said:
OH MY, man why do i miss all the fun action the rides i gone on with you guys are long and blah lol. You took chester that PONY BOY IN DEEP WATER without floats??? what were you thinking.
YUP and he was the perfect angel on all the rides this weekend. Couldn't have asked for a better boy. He LOVED the swimming thing!! Even though I got stuck in the mud 3 times trying to get out, after i missed him completely when jumping back on after he rolled me off :lol: I'm just not fast enough.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
MorganLover said:
OH MY, man why do i miss all the fun action the rides i gone on with you guys are long and blah lol. You took chester that PONY BOY IN DEEP WATER without floats??? what were you thinking.

She had her floaties floating :whistle:

K

Katie

Well i love my hubby enough to give up a horse show for us to have a getaway weekend to the beach in NC. I am going to be skipping MSA this month so that we can have a LONG deserved weekend away.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Katie said:
Well i love my hubby enough to give up a horse show for us to have a getaway weekend to the beach in NC. I am going to be skipping MSA this month so that we can have a LONG deserved weekend away.

:high5: Good for you Katie. Its all about balance...and keepin yo' man happy never hurts either.

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
happyappygirl said:
...Ya'll strictly English riding Barn blind, stuck in an arena gossiping people are :crazy:
Is English riding in the United States different than in Britain? Because I grew up in Scotland and rode my entire childhood. My trainer took me OUT of the barn and arenas and on trails all over the place as much as in the barn and arenas. In fact, in the village I lived in, we often used horses as a main mode of transporation around town, it was easier than using cars.

fredsaid2

Tinkerbell said:
Is English riding in the United States different than in Britain? Because I grew up in Scotland and rode my entire childhood. My trainer took me OUT of the barn and arenas and on trails all over the place as much as in the barn and arenas. In fact, in the village I lived in, we often used horses as a main mode of transporation around town, it was easier than using cars.

I think the basics are pretty much the same. European horses seem to have more basic dressage training than ours typically do. Here 'riding english' usually refers to the equitation style seen in the show ring. It's still shoulder lined up w/ the hip lined up w/ the heel.

Trainers want riders out on trails but not every barn has easy access to them. When your focus is one or two lessons a week a student might not want to spend that lesson time trail riding.

That must have been pretty cool growing up in Scotland! Do you miss riding?

MorganLover

happyappygirl said:
YUP and he was the perfect angel on all the rides this weekend. Couldn't have asked for a better boy. He LOVED the swimming thing!! Even though I got stuck in the mud 3 times trying to get out, after i missed him completely when jumping back on after he rolled me off :lol: I'm just not fast enough.

HAHA i bet it was fun. He didn't act like a total air head a buddy sour for you? Man was he a bratt that last ride i was on, he is lucky he is so fun to ride lol.