Husbands vs Horses

MorganLover

Maybe i am just new to being married, will be 7 years in Aug. but hubby and familiy come first. Hubby and i talked about me getting a horse and we both agreed for me to get my horse. I know he would never make me choose anyway, unless it was for finacial reasons, but other then that he wouldn't. If i had too i would for my family. I love my horse and my animals all very much but i love my family more. That is how it should be in a healthy relationship, and in a healthy relationship there shouldn't be those kinds of problems. If hubby felt i was choosing my animals over him i'd make sure to give him more attention, we are in this for life, it is not a throw away situation like some married couples make it. Hubby over all is pretty good about the time i spend with my horse or even with happy riding hers, he can get a little testy like all men but he'd never make me choose or put our marrage in that situation. I love being married and love my hubby. Now i could love him even more if he'd get up on a horse and go with me lol, but i am still working on that part. haha i have to get rotten cop to work on him a bit. lol

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Winn Dixie said:
You know, the Sybil reference is getting just a little old. :smack: We realize your mental faculties are limited, but can't you do a little better than that? :buttkick: We haven't even begun to dig although we have to admit we have to really step down a bit to bring ourselves to communicate on your level. :whistle:

Whatever you say SYBIL. Hopefully soon you'll be getting the axe... :bigwhoop:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
All i hear is hissing and howling. MEOW.

Good grief you English people need a life. I'm SO glad we've all had a fantastic 3 day weekend of nothing but good food, great friends and very memorable rides.

Let the good times roll, you bunch of crazies. :crazy:

SlowTwist

(]~o~[)
happyappygirl said:

Good grief you English people need a life. I'm SO glad we've all had a fantastic 3 day weekend of nothing but good food, great friends and very memorable rides.

English people? :smack: Don't be racist. I ain't crazy and I'm an english yankee rider.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:

What did you do this weekend? I had a great ride at the beach yesterday..

K

KizerSoSay

happyappygirl said:

I second that! I had a wonderful weekend in the city, not a horse in sight!! :alkies:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SlowTwist said:
English people? :smack: Don't be racist. I ain't crazy and I'm an english yankee rider.
ya don't see us REAL riders who go out and spend days and nights together both in the saddle going through he!! and high (or low) water and sitting around a camp fire eating at night enjoying each other's company, lowering jacks on trailers, putting saddles on some of us, telling stories, riding double bareback around the camp ground, going over new events, and Ya know why?? Because it's both husbands and wives together whether they both ride or not, and there IS NO fighting or cheating or thinking about cheating or talking about who is cheating, like ya'll do. We ride, we camp, we play games, and have REAL fun. We don't backstab, we help each other if we need it, and we laugh and learn and teach and sometimes cry together. It's that simple. It was SO nice to have friends like this to help us get over loosing Chey a few weeks ago, I just don't know what i would have done to get through it. Most folks had a good memory of her to share with us. It was very sad and sweet. Good for my HorseLover's soul.

So call me "racist" (which really just doesn't apply anyway) It's my story and i'm sticking to it. Ya'll strictly English riding Barn blind, stuck in an arena gossiping people are :crazy:

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Pasofever said:
What did you do this weekend? I had a great ride at the beach yesterday..
Lemme see
Friday I shopped for horsey stuff
Saturday we cheered some folks on at the Extreme Trail competition then went swimming
Sunday we went to Percy's place and rode, swam with the horses, had a huge pot luck cookout, then took a moonlight ride
Today went to Paracletes paradise and rode all afternoon then went to another cookout.
I'm :yawn: and STUFFED plum full as a tick.

Last edited:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Loper said:
:whistle: well I wouldn't call myself a "real rider" as I am just a beginner rider with 8 horses to take care of... :lmao: I take care of them more than I ride but am looking for the exact experience you described! I want to have fun with my horses in life. I lost my best horsey friend in Dec after an 8 week battle with Leukemia, I lost my father after 6 weeks of being diagnosed with cancer of an unknown origin a couple years ago. Not looking for a pitty party (life and death happen), but Life is too short to be pissed off people. So after all that :yeahthat:

Well, we will all just have to get out there and join in on the fun, cause it does sound like a blast...BTW Loper, it was nice meeting you the other day. :howdy:

fredsaid2

happyappygirl said:
ya don't see us REAL riders who go out and spend days and nights together both in the saddle going through he!! and high (or low) water and sitting around a camp fire eating at night enjoying each other's company, lowering jacks on trailers, putting saddles on some of us, telling stories, riding double bareback around the camp ground, going over new events, and Ya know why?? Because it's both husbands and wives together whether they both ride or not, and there IS NO fighting or cheating or thinking about cheating or talking about who is cheating, like ya'll do. We ride, we camp, we play games, and have REAL fun. We don't backstab, we help each other if we need it, and we laugh and learn and teach and sometimes cry together. It's that simple. It was SO nice to have friends like this to help us get over loosing Chey a few weeks ago, I just don't know what i would have done to get through it. Most folks had a good memory of her to share with us. It was very sad and sweet. Good for my HorseLover's soul.

So call me "racist" (which really just doesn't apply anyway) It's my story and i'm sticking to it. Ya'll strictly English riding Barn blind, stuck in an arena gossiping people are :crazy:

There really are no REAL riders, either you ride or you don't. What you do maybe someone else can't but on the flip side you probably can't do what they do. If your riding experiences make you happy, Great! It's what it's all about.

There is no cheating on this side, if you read the posts you would have gathered it was an empty, unsubstantiated comment that got a bit out of control and was put to rest. Right now all that’s going on is a little cyber-spat, a war of words if you will. Stirring the pot can be someone’s idea of fun.

Many of us do know each other and we do all those things you mentioned just in a different way. I know I can call on friends for help and vise-versa. I bet I could call on someone here I’ve only met through this board. We’ll go out of our way to trailer for each other, help nurse sick horses, offer supplies and share meds. Yes we’re crazy but aren’t we all?? Strictly in a good way, of course! Try not to paint w/ so broad a brush, it's rarely an 'everyone' scenario.

Glad you had a great weekend, sounds like you had fun! :smile:

S

saddlesore

happyappygirl said:

Since Fred addressed most of your post very eloquently, I'm just going to add a couple of points:
First, it is WE real riders - Not US real riders. Use 'we' for the subject pronoun and 'us' for the object pronoun.
Second, English riders also go camping with their husbands and children. Yes!! It's true!!!! Camping and family events that revolve around horses are not just the purview of Western riders.
Third, most English riders are not stuck in an arena. There are some unfortunate souls who don't venture outside the arena, but they are few. In fact, the top notch riders in ANY discipline consider hacking out just as important -for horse and rider both- as work in the ring. I've shown dressage, hunters and jumpers, but enjoy trail riding with friends most.
Fourth, I seriously doubt that this is the first flame war ever seen during the history of this forum :razz:

So, as Fred said quite well, try to refrain from painting with so broad a brush. I'll betcha if we had a big Forum trail ride, we would all have a blast!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
fredsaid2 said:
There really are no REAL riders, either you ride or you don't. What you do maybe someone else can't but on the flip side you probably can't do what they do. If your riding experiences make you happy, Great! It's what it's all about.

There is no cheating on this side, if you read the posts you would have gathered it was an empty, unsubstantiated comment that got a bit out of control and was put to rest. Right now all that’s going on is a little cyber-spat, a war of words if you will. Stirring the pot can be someone’s idea of fun.

Many of us do know each other and we do all those things you mentioned just in a different way. I know I can call on friends for help and vise-versa. I bet I could call on someone here I’ve only met through this board. We’ll go out of our way to trailer for each other, help nurse sick horses, offer supplies and share meds. Yes we’re crazy but aren’t we all?? Strictly in a good way, of course! Try not to paint w/ so broad a brush, it's rarely an 'everyone' scenario.

Glad you had a great weekend, sounds like you had fun! :smile:
I have to agree with you 100%. There are great horse people in every riding discipline and some "loser/wannabes" too who have to tear everyone down to give themselves an ego boost. Your saddle doesn’t define whom you are inside. I have had many great camping trips with good friends and family while riding in an English saddle. Happyappy: I do know there is life outside the forum, I promise. If you could see my life you would know that this is just a little side bar. I take no ones comments whole-heartedly! I am glad everyone had a great weekend.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
happyappygirl said:
, putting saddles on some of us, :

Actually this is a pic of Happy and hubby at the last cookout.. :whistle:

Attachments

• mikals_cam%20004.jpg
    mikals_cam%20004.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 85