I am sad

Kittykat33

Why me??
Kitty I would tell your husband the couch can be his new bed especially because the cats always slept with you... When I had my wisdom teeth out I couldn't have my cats sleep with me for a week and boy did my cats scream the blues and scratch at the door and cry really loud. If your husband says no then tell him he can have the bed all to himself as you are going out of the room to sleep with the cats I bet that doesn't last long as he will get lonely.

Also another thing you can try is a preptual feeder for the cats too. I did that and it works pretty good. Unless your cat is used to getting wetfood in the am like mine was til we got the puppy and I stopped giving it to him. I think I am going to have to start back up just to get rid of hte leftover cans I have left 9 cans as the food costs too much to waste.

Mine get wetfood for dinner. I did want to get the automatic feeder but was afraid that Snick would eat much more ( she is 20lbs ) the vet said her weight is fine, but I look out for her. Now Trouble is 6lbs and they are from the same litter....very weird haha

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
My husband told me last night that the cats can no longer sleep with us. So we had the door closed with pillows against it, cause they were scratching at it. They have always slept with me since the day I got them. One of the cat's Snickers gets up at 4:30am every morning and tries to get our attention cause she is hungry. I have tried giving her more dry food at night, thinking this might help her...but it didn't. Now the other cat Trouble doesn't do anything she sleeps threw the whole night. I just feel bad....
The funny thing was this morning when my husband opened up the door Trouble came running in and jumped right on me and fell asleep, I don't think she got any sleep last night without her mommy.

..why I orig came here earlier..

I know a lot of people that let their pets sleep in bed with them. I never have, it's really distracting and takes away from a good nights sleep. The kitties will learn to sleep outside and you guys will get better sleep! Which is much more important.

.. besides, I bet Snickers just covered up a monster turd before hopping onto your fresh clean comforter :huggy:

Lilypad

My husband told me last night that the cats can no longer sleep with us. So we had the door closed with pillows against it, cause they were scratching at it. They have always slept with me since the day I got them. One of the cat's Snickers gets up at 4:30am every morning and tries to get our attention cause she is hungry. I have tried giving her more dry food at night, thinking this might help her...but it didn't. Now the other cat Trouble doesn't do anything she sleeps through the whole night. I just feel bad....
The funny thing was this morning when my husband opened up the door Trouble came running in and jumped right on me and fell asleep, I don't think she got any sleep last night without her mommy.

This sounds like cruel and unusual punishment for you and your cats! How long have you had them and how long have you had your husband? Is he a controlling cat hater:eyebrow:or is there more to this?

Kittykat33

Why me??
So kitty, why does hubby want the cats in bed? Because they wake him up too early.

We have a KING size bed, so there is enough room. WHo knows?? I mean T sleeps in my armpit ( don't ask, she is a weird cat ) then Snick sleeps in between my legs.....ok let it begin:killingme

He use to get up at 4:30 for work, then he got transfered some where else and now he gets up at 6am. It's all his fault:whistle:

My husband told me last night that the cats can no longer sleep with us. So we had the door closed with pillows against it, cause they were scratching at it. They have always slept with me since the day I got them. One of the cat's Snickers gets up at 4:30am every morning and tries to get our attention cause she is hungry. I have tried giving her more dry food at night, thinking this might help her...but it didn't. Now the other cat Trouble doesn't do anything she sleeps threw the whole night. I just feel bad....

You have been with this man for how long sleeping with the cats? Something must have happened to him to all of a sudden kick them out. You should kick him out and see if he scratches at the door.

Kittykat33

Why me??
This sounds like cruel and unusual punishment for you and your cats! How long have you had them and how long have you had your husband? Is he a controlling cat hater:eyebrow:or is there more to this?

They will be 5 this year on Sept 9. My husband and I have been together for 4 years this May. He has never had cats and he is just not use to them still. I have had cats ever since I can remember.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Kitty I would tell your husband the couch can be his new bed especially because the cats always slept with you... When I had my wisdom teeth out I couldn't have my cats sleep with me for a week and boy did my cats scream the blues and scratch at the door and cry really loud. If your husband says no then tell him he can have the bed all to himself as you are going out of the room to sleep with the cats I bet that doesn't last long as he will get lonely.

Also another thing you can try is a preptual feeder for the cats too. I did that and it works pretty good. Unless your cat is used to getting wetfood in the am like mine was til we got the puppy and I stopped giving it to him. I think I am going to have to start back up just to get rid of hte leftover cans I have left 9 cans as the food costs too much to waste.

If he has a set of balls, if he was given an ultimatum of "The cats or you!" he'd be out looking for his next wife.

Asking someone to chose between his wife or a cat? How friggin retarded are you??

HA.. and nobody can give me red karma either.. don't that just suck!!?

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I’ve got 2 that sleep with me every night but they stay on my side of the bed and leave hubby alone. If they cross the line and wake him he launches them off the bed none too gently. We tried to lock them out once a few years back but they sat outside the door and yowled all night long. My male cat also rattles the door with his paw and hits the lever-style handle, so we also have to lock it or he opens the door and marches right in. They wore us down and secured their place on the bed for all time. Thankfully they've grown out of their fighting/playing days and no longer attack toes but I've woken up to cat puke on the comforter more than a few times. :ohwell: