I am so pizzed I could bite a 10 penny nail in half

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by Pete
Do you let DQ babydaddy slide on support payments because you are doing well? After your wedding you and spud together will be even doing better.

Sadly, yes. :ohwell: He just called me last month and asked to trim $300 off his payment till he finishes OTS. I didn't say "YES" but I didn't fight it either. April's payment was "trimmed". :ohwell:

You pick your battles, and it'd cost me more in lawyer fees to drag his sorry azz into court to force him to pay what he is supposed to pay, not to mention what it'd do to the DQ if it were to get ugly.

I'm not saying she shouldn't pay huntr ... I'm saying it's probably not worth the hassle and lawyer fees and headache to Pete to force her to pay if he can swing it on his own. :ohwell: You aren't in this "playgroup" to understand to know the dynamics first-hand. :ohwell: At some point, you just cut your losses and say "whatever" and know that down the road, the dumbass will get his/hers in return some how or some way ... and (as in my case) the DQ will see what a shmuck her donor is. :ohwell:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Do you let DQ babydaddy slide on support payments because you are doing well? After your wedding you and spud together will be even doing better.
Why don't you have her child support payments garnished? It's easier and saves both parties the trouble.

crabcake

Originally posted by huntr1
How he is doing financially is beside the point. She has been court ordered to pay. If he doesn't "need" the money to live on, the put it towards what it is called, "Child Support". Support the boy by saving money for his college/trade school/whatever fund.

And child support isn't for Pete to "live on" ... it's to support the Boy. It shouldn't be counted on to pay visa bills, car payments, etc. It's to support your child/ren ... put shoes on their feet, food on the table, daycare, health related expenses, clothes, toys, etc. If you count on it to pay your other "non-child" related bills, you set your self up for a big downer when the paying parent loses their job, gets demoted, skips town, etc. and you get zilch. I don't take on anything financially I can't handle if I didn't get that child support payment so I don't eff myself if/when that day comes.

Pete

Repete
I have a secret fantasy that Boys mother will continue to let the arrears rack up until it gets to about $50,000, then she wins the lottery for $50K and I get that money and she has to pay taxes on it. :biggrin:

crabcake

Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
Why don't you have her child support payments garnished? It's easier and saves both parties the trouble.

that works so long as you don't mind getting new court orders everytime the scum change jobs in an effort to avoid that. :ohwell:

crabcake

I have a secret fantasy that Boys mother will continue to let the arrears rack up until it gets to about $50,000, then she wins the lottery for $50K and I get that money and she has to pay taxes on it. :biggrin:

I LOVE the way you think. :really:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by tatercake
Sadly, yes. :ohwell: He just called me last month and asked to trim $300 off his payment till he finishes OTS. I didn't say "YES" but I didn't fight it either. April's payment was "trimmed". :ohwell:

So you get something. Mine is ordered to pay a whopping $55.76 a week :lol: and she cannot make that. Your ex "trimmed" more from his payment and I would get total. :roflmao::killingme

crabcake

So you get something. Mine is ordered to pay a whopping $55.76 a week :lol: and she cannot make that. Your ex "trimmed" more from his payment and I would get total. :roflmao:

yea, AND he's been scraping about $300 off the top of what he WAS paying before from his military allotment. :duh:

Sure, I could've called his commander, drug his azz to court, etc. But it (and he) aren't worth the aggravation, IMO. DQ doesn't go without, so I'm not worried.

If you need it, Pete, fight for it. But if you don't, I'm sure you see what I'm saying.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by huntr1
How he is doing financially is beside the point. She has been court ordered to pay. If he doesn't "need" the money to live on, the put it towards what it is called, "Child Support". Support the boy by saving money for his college/trade school/whatever fund.
Not only that, Pete, but what does your paycheck have to do with her responsibility to her son? Are YOU the one who made her quit/lose her job? Are YOU the one who forced pregnancy on her and FORCED her to have a child?

My ex-husband used to try that crap. He'd go as far as to want an itemized list of what I spent on the kids so he could guage what his "half" would be. So I did. I included every penny of their food, their share of the living quarters, their clothing, their lessons, their school supplies, their incidentals, EVERYTHING. Then I included a bill for my time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, at $25 per hour.

After I presented him with the total, we didn't have that conversation again for almost a year.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
I did but we both moved out of Maine. When we were in Maine she would get a job, work for 3 months until they found out where she was. When the paperwork showed up at the employer they would tell her, she would quit and go somewhere else.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
So you get something. Mine is ordered to pay a whopping $55.76 a week :lol: and she cannot make that. Your ex "trimmed" more from his payment and I would get total. :roflmao::killingme
I get the same, less the change. :rolleyes:

That is not alot of money at all. Does the court base it on her salary?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
See what happens when you cast dispersions.... :bubble: And you get on me..... :rolleyes: :neener:

Kidding of course honey. I'd of been po-ed too. But what can ya do?

Mine is back over $8k in support. But I have plans in motion.

And sometimes justice is served on the other side. Probably one of the most selfish but happiest moments I've had when it comes to my ex husband and Noah. He spent Sunday afternoon with him and I went to pick Noah up to take him to dinner. Rob picked Noah up and told him to give him a kiss goodbye and Noah told him "No, those are mommy's kisses!" and actually turned his head. I held back the laughter and told Noah to kiss his daddy goodbye. But DAMN did it feel good for once to know even though daddy is a good time daddy at best that Noah's heart is with his mommy.

And another thing you have to take into consideration is that absense really does make the heart grow fonder. Well at least for kids. I'm sure when little "P" is with his mom he raves about how cool you are and whatnot else. Noah jumps to go with Grammy but when he wakes up in the middle of the night or gets hurt it's "I want my mommy." When it really matters to them and you're not around you're who they want.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Not only that, Pete, but what does your paycheck have to do with her responsibility to her son? Are YOU the one who made her quit/lose her job? Are YOU the one who forced pregnancy on her and FORCED her to have a child?

My ex-husband used to try that crap. He'd go as far as to want an itemized list of what I spent on the kids so he could guage what his "half" would be. So I did. I included every penny of their food, their share of the living quarters, their clothing, their lessons, their school supplies, their incidentals, EVERYTHING. Then I included a bill for my time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, at $25 per hour.

After I presented him with the total, we didn't have that conversation again for almost a year.
I know, it's not the money so much as it is the idea she just doesn't give a crap. She might buy him a shirt or a pair of shoes in a year, the rest I take care of.

Funny story;

2 years ago she took her clan to Disney. A big production, had a house rental in Kissime, 3 day passes the works. 2 weeks before the trip I was dropping off boy and she asked me if I was going to give Boy some money to take on his trip. :confused: I said, hey it is your vacation, WTF would I want to give him money to take on YOUR vacation for? She said "Well I told his half brother that he had to save his money for the trip and he had saved up about $100. She didn't have enough money to give Boy that much so if he wanted any cash to buy stuff Iwould have to give it to him. If I didn't he would feel left out.

It burned my ass to have to fund a 5 year olds vacation with his mother but hey, who would suffer if I didn't, Boy would not her. So I started giving him things to do around the house and I would put money in his Disney jar after each one. At the end of the 2 weeks he had $25. I got it out and we decorated an envelope "BOYS MONEY". Then I matched his $25 with $25 and I told him he earned the first $25 and the other $25 was from me because I loved him and wanted him to have a good time.

Off they go to Disney, Boy with $50 in Disney cash to spend. They get back a week later and he has some trinkets in a bag and a Orioles warm up suit that was TOO FREAKING SMALL. I ask goober woman, WTF? She :shrug:and says he wanted it. I look at the tag and it was $40. He didn't even make it to Disney before his money was gone because Goober woman just let him do with it what he wanted. He was freaking 5 !! So he got a Baltimore Orioles warm up suit that was too small the FIRST day he left and had $10 for the rest of the trip. :lmao:

A month later Boy and I were going on our annual camper trek across the map. I picked him up at his moms and asked her if Icould talk to her. We went out on the porch and I asked her in the most serious face possible if she was going to give Boy some money for our vacation. Her jaw dropped, she was speechless and I started laughing and just walked away.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by pixiegirl
See what happens when you cast dispersions.... :bubble: And you get on me..... :rolleyes: :neener:

Kidding of course honey. I'd of been po-ed too. But what can ya do?

Mine is back over $8k in support. But I have plans in motion.

And sometimes justice is served on the other side. Probably one of the most selfish but happiest moments I've had when it comes to my ex husband and Noah. He spent Sunday afternoon with him and I went to pick Noah up to take him to dinner. Rob picked Noah up and told him to give him a kiss goodbye and Noah told him "No, those are mommy's kisses!" and actually turned his head. I held back the laughter and told Noah to kiss his daddy goodbye. But DAMN did it feel good for once to know even though daddy is a good time daddy at best that Noah's heart is with his mommy.

And another thing you have to take into consideration is that absense really does make the heart grow fonder. Well at least for kids. I'm sure when little "P" is with his mom he raves about how cool you are and whatnot else. Noah jumps to go with Grammy but when he wakes up in the middle of the night or gets hurt it's "I want my mommy." When it really matters to them and you're not around you're who they want.
Honestly the support is just a teeny side note. I just resent cutting her every break in the world and getting pooped on.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by workin hard
That is not alot of money at all. Does the court base it on her salary?
It was based on a formula back in 1998. If I recalculated it now it would be somewhat higher.