I Got Engaged this Weekend

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
You just seem to lose all common sense, that's all. :lmao: Then a couple months later you'll thaw out and be like "What the heck?" :lmao:
:yeahthat: C_Jo's sister asked what she could do to help. I asked her to handle the music for the ceremony because her daughter was playing the violin for us. I told her I was too stressed out and whatever she did was fine. So, instead of calling me to ask questions, she'd call my mom or C_Jo's mom, who would then call me. One day, after about the 10th wedding call in a row, I stomped outside and chucked my cell phone into the woods. C_Jo retrieved it and called both moms and the sis-in-law and said, "No more calls! She's losing her mind! 'Handle it' means 'HANDLE IT'!!!" I don't remember anything after that. :lmao:
Ok girls is it really that bad, is it other people or just yourself or combination?

Just...go to Vegas!

J

jaybeeztoo

For Jaybeeztoo: (from my camera phone)

I LOVE that ring and your nails looks awesome. Congrats!!! What a beautiful ring. Were you thrown off guard or did you know it was coming? How did he do it?

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Ok girls is it really that bad, is it other people or just yourself or combination?

I lost all patience with everyone. And because weddings have been done pretty much the same way for all of time, you run into a lot of "but you HAVE to do it this way" and it gets on your effing nerves.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I LOVE that ring and your nails looks awesome. Congrats!!! What a beautiful ring. Were you thrown off guard or did you know it was coming? How did he do it?

I was thrown off guard, when he did it but somewhat knew it was coming. We have been talking about for awhile.

At home just me and him in bed

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
I was thrown off guard, when he did it but somewhat knew it was coming. We have been talking about for awhile.

Thats the best way IMO. Just the two of you. Makes it more special I think.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I lost all patience with everyone. And because weddings have been done pretty much the same way for all of time, you run into a lot of "but you HAVE to do it this way" and it gets on your effing nerves.

Oh Lord I can imagine it now (with me being so blunt) everyone will hate me by the time it's over ... :killingme

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member

Attachments

• sanchez.jpg
    sanchez.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 61

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Oh Lord I can imagine it now (with me being so blunt) everyone will hate me by the time it's over ... :killingme

The only other thing I ran into was like 2 days before the wedding, I was calling all my vendors to make sure everything was good to go and to provide any final details or directions. Every single one that I called had already spoken to my mother, who had told them something completely different from what I was calling to tell them.

It really isn't that bad. Try to be patient with people, it's hard, but they ARE just trying to help. They're hearts are in the right place.

J

jaybeeztoo

Did he get on one knee or just pop the question while you were in bed? Did you cry? Did you call anyone? Or did you go to the bathroom and stare at the beautiful ring for hours?

:lol:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Did he get on one knee or just pop the question while you were in bed? Did you cry? Did you call anyone? Or did you go to the bathroom and stare at the beautiful ring for hours?

:lol:

No Just pop the question laying there, I didn't cry I think I was a little in shock, I didn't call anyone wanted wait till the next day. I did indeed stare at it in bed ..

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
That's what I said, his mom was upset he didn't make it special for me but I thought it was not the norm and very special..

My proposal was like that too. He had bought the ring that day and couldn't wait to give it to me, but was planning something in the near future. Then, when I came home from work, I was in a terrible mood and had had a really bad day. So he proposed. It was sweet.

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
My proposal was like that too. He had bought the ring that day and couldn't wait to give it to me, but was planning something in the near future. Then, when I came home from work, I was in a terrible mood and had had a really bad day. So he proposed. It was sweet.

Mine had the same problem bought it the same day and couldn't wait :whistle:

J

jaybeeztoo

The only fight I got in with my mom was about my veil. She wanted me to wear it over my face. When it came down to it, my father pulled it back and put it the way I wanted it.

The only other bad memory is my DH's son was to wear a tux and the company gave him a pair of men's shorts to wear. I totally freaked at that point. DH took care of it and the wedding went off without a hitch.....

....until the divorce 12 years later :ohwell:

J

jaybeeztoo

Bet you had a fun night though :popcorn:

Congrats San. Many happy years to you and soon to be DH. I love this story!!

The only other thing I ran into was like 2 days before the wedding, I was calling all my vendors to make sure everything was good to go and to provide any final details or directions. Every single one that I called had already spoken to my mother, who had told them something completely different from what I was calling to tell them.

It really isn't that bad. Try to be patient with people, it's hard, but they ARE just trying to help. They're hearts are in the right place.

Anyone for personalized napkins?