I hate those "I wish I didn't do that" deals!

Novus Collectus

Bay_Kat said:
So basically, you really have no idea who you are talking to? Maybe I'm wrong, but you just can't be too careful when dealing with internet dating.

I'm so glad I'm married and don't have to deal with this.
I have an idea. I know people that know she is real and who she says she is. Not an issue in this case.

B

Bronwyn

A friend of mine dated a few women he met online. Although I warned him not to... in the end they were all liars. Lied about age, weight, marital status.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Bronwyn said:
A friend of mine dated a few women he met online. Although I warned him not to... in the end they were all liars. Lied about age, weight, marital status.

Funny, 10 years ago I met my hubby on line. Yes, I know it was crazy and it took about 4 months of chatting and e-mails before we actually met in person and it was a public place with lots of people around, but we hit it off and have been happy since. Hardly fight (and it's usually stupid stuff) we are best friends. Guess it's just one of those internet success stories. But now, I wouldn't trust anyone online.

B

Bronwyn

Bay_Kat said:
Funny, 10 years ago I met my hubby on line. Yes, I know it was crazy and it took about 4 months of chatting and e-mails before we actually met in person and it was a public place with lots of people around, but we hit it off and have been happy since. Hardly fight (and it's usually stupid stuff) we are best friends. Guess it's just one of those internet success stories. But now, I wouldn't trust anyone online.

10 years ago it was somewhat new, and not everyone even owned a computer. I guess that might have made a huge difference. Good for you and your hubby! May you have many many many more years of fun together!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Bronwyn said:
10 years ago it was somewhat new, and not everyone even owned a computer. I guess that might have made a huge difference. Good for you and your hubby! May you have many many many more years of fun together!

I imagine we will, we have such a blast together and hope for many more years of a great realtionship.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Bay_Kat said:
met in person and it was a public place with lots of people around
That's what they all say... doesn't necessarily help.

About 5 years ago I heard a guy talk about Match.com - when it was still in its infancy - and he said he had pretty good success through that site, among others. Mind you, his definition of success was getting laid within the first couple dates.

I am not opposed to meeting someone through this medium - you just have to vet their claims a little more strictly. But their have been liars, cheats and scoundrels since antiquity. :shrug:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
hvp05 said:
That's what they all say... doesn't necessarily help.

About 5 years ago I heard a guy talk about Match.com - when it was still in its infancy - and he said he had pretty good success through that site, among others. Mind you, his definition of success was getting laid within the first couple dates.

I am not opposed to meeting someone through this medium - you just have to vet their claims a little more strictly. But their have been liars, cheats and scoundrels since antiquity. :shrug:

Oh, I agree and that's why it took about 4 months of chatting online, e-mails and telephone conversations before I would even agree to meet in a public place that I knew would be crowded. After 4 months of conversation (if you're very observant, as I was) you get a feel for the person and can tell when they are telling the truth. Guess that's why things worked out so well for us.

hvp05

Bay_Kat said:
After 4 months of conversation (if you're very observant, as I was) you get a feel for the person and can tell when they are telling the truth.
I've agreed to meet others in less time, but it varies on how comfortable you feel with that person. I certainly wouldn't do it with less than 1 month of background.

Bay_Kat said:
Guess that's why things worked out so well for us.
:yay:

hvp05

Bay_Kat said:
hvp05, by the way, love your av, my favorite movie! :yay:
I'd like to reciprocate the compliment... but I'm a mountain guy. (Another reason to pick the fellow I did.) :lol:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
hvp05 said:
I'd like to reciprocate the compliment... but I'm a mountain guy. (Another reason to pick the fellow I did.) :lol:

Sorry, I love the beach, what can I say. That pic was taken about a block from my house and I go by there as often as possible to look at the sunrise.

hvp05

Bay_Kat said:
Sorry, I love the beach, what can I say. That pic was taken about a block from my house and I go by there as often as possible to look at the sunrise.
Approximately where would that be?

I strongly would not like to live near the beach, but I could make the best of it. For instance, a couple months ago, I applied to a job near Salisbury, then another near Dover, DE. But the highlands are my most comforting environs.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
hvp05 said:
Approximately where would that be?

I strongly would not like to live near the beach, but I could make the best of it. For instance, a couple months ago, I applied to a job near Salisbury, then another near Dover, DE. But the highlands are my most comforting environs.

Long Beach, in St. Leonard. Love it here.

hvp05

Looks like I'm the last man standing...

Novus: keep us updated; I'd like to hear if/when you two get together;

Kat: thanks for the additional entertainment.

I'm guessing that Novus is not disappointed in this thread... even though he dropped outta here some time ago. :lol:

B

Bronwyn

hvp05 said:
Looks like I'm the last man standing...

Novus: keep us updated; I'd like to hear if/when you two get together;

Kat: thanks for the additional entertainment.

I'm guessing that Novus is not disappointed in this thread... even though he dropped outta here some time ago. :lol:

I don't know I feel he was kinda stringing us along by not forking over a single solid detail. :smack: :huggy:

R

RadioPatrol

Novus Collectus said:
I bet it doesn't compare to the feelings of possible regret I have for sending a certain email. All distractions at this time and place will be welcome be they good or bad.

that is the one draw back to email these days ......... one can fire off a quick piece if your mind message .......... :faint:

it you had to write it out - Analogue Style - stick in an envelope and mail, you would have time to reconsider your haste and get it back out of the mail box

good luck anyhow ............ :snacks: