I Have a Confession to Make

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I believe this is both misquoted and misattributed, but I am posting for the sentiment not the accuracy of the details.

Profoundly mis-attributed. Churchill's greatest statement was "To rat once is no great task. To re-rat, now we're talking!" What he meant was that he switched parties, successfully,TWICE in his career. If there is any more evidence needed to understand how little difference there is between parties, Tories and Labor, D's and R's, then no more evidence is needed because anyone who needs more than that isn't going to come to grips with it under any evidence.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
You forgot to add a few other points.

A conservative believes a marriage is between a man and a woman, that homosexual relations are a blasphemy and it is "wrong". Gay marriage undermines the whole sanctity of marriage.

In addition to marriage A conservative dosen't believe in interracial marriage. Whites and blacks should marriage within their race. As justice Leon M. Bazile quoted (Loving v.s. State of Virginia). "Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.[10]"

A conservative believes in Freedom of religion, but only of the Christian religion. All other religions can be practiced, but the christian religion takes precedence. In addition the use of the Bible and religion to marginalize minorities is OK. As long as one can construe a way to use the bible to marginalize those minorities.

A conservative believes in limited immigration, although immigrants helped build this country, we should limit them coming in with all their new cultures, religions and traditions.

Okay. I'll bite. What difference does it make what I believe, Christian or not? If I don't believe in marriage between two members of the same sex, what do my beliefs have to do with the price of eggs in China? Are you suggesting that I should buy into something just because you do? Interracial marriage-we have married couple in my church that are mixed race, so that nixes that assumption.

Where do you get that conservatives do't believe in freedom of religion for all? I'm not familiar with that, unless you're talking about the crazy muslims that want to lop off anybody's head that thinks differently than they do. There's where you need to be pointing a finger.

Please explain how people use the bible to marginalize minorities. I have no idea what you're getting at.

Yes, I do believe in limited immigration. I own, I'm guilty. The immigrants that are coming into our country today, are not yesterdays immigrants. Those who are coming across our borders/staying illegally, are criminals. There is absolutely no good reason to want them here.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
... I registered as a republican when I turned 18 and changed just a few month ago. :

How'd it make you feel? It felt great to me, a palpable relief. I thought it would make me a bit sad but I felt like I'd taken the first concrete step from being a complete sap.

:buddies:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
This is the one issue I struggle with the most. I am staunchly against abortion, but not to the point of wanting government to step in and ban it. But I do struggle with calling it murder. I believe human life, at every level is sacred; but does that mean we need the government to come in and define that for us?

I used to be pro-choice, until I realized it wasn't just a blob of cells. Even before that, I was opposed to women using abortion as a form of birth control. They could just keep their knees together, since they're obviously too lazy to take advantage of the free birth control that's available to them.

steppinthrax

This is the one issue I struggle with the most. I am staunchly against abortion, but not to the point of wanting government to step in and ban it. But I do struggle with calling it murder. I believe human life, at every level is sacred; but does that mean we need the government to come in and define that for us?

Tell me this, a low-middle income family that through a medical examination (ultrasound) finds their child has a neurological defect where the child would require Permanent and consistent medical care for the rest of his/her life. Of course this would put a strain on the couple and their marriage which has turned them into perm babysitters. Maybe increase the probability of divorce and that child later growing to become a criminal and/or the divorced mother/father turning to crime which results in the loss of someone's life.

That's just an example.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Nope, you knew that about me from the get go.

Explain to me how it's false, break it down piece by piece. Especially the quote!

I'm not inclined to prove a negative; that should be on you. But I'll stab at it anyway...

I know conservatives and liberals who are against gay marriage. But largely most conservatives don't care who marries whom. But those that are against it, it's not own by either philosophy.

I know conservative black people married to conservative white people. I know conservative white people married to liberal black people. A visa versa.

I am a conservative and do not believe any one religion, because of our constitution, takes precedence over any other one; and I know not one conservative person that feels otherwise.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry is so conservative that he joined the democrat party. :lol:

I'm not conservative anymore. At all. That time has past. There simply is no way any limited gummint policies can work anymore. Maybe they could have if Dubbay did what he promised and maybe not, but the time, the opportunity, is gone. May as well be a Whig as a Conservative any more. :buddies:

steppinthrax

I used to be pro-choice, until I realized it wasn't just a blob of cells. Even before that, I was opposed to women using abortion as a form of birth control. They could just keep their knees together, since they're obviously too lazy to take advantage of the free birth control that's available to them.

I like how you put it as "women using abortion as a form of birth control".

As a woman yourself (I'm assuming you are).

You understand BC can fail. You understand that not everyone has access to BC. You understand that you still need a Rx to obtain BC. You understand that you have teen girls who are pressured into sex. You understand you have men who sound sincere in wanting to have a child that later decide not too. Maybe you might be a frigid bitch who has not had sex in 20 years, but people have been ####ing since the beg of time.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

You understand BC can fail. You understand that not everyone has access to BC. You understand that you still need a Rx to obtain BC. You understand that you have teen girls who are pressured into sex. You understand you have men who sound sincere in wanting to have a child that later decide not too. Maybe you might be a frigid bitch who has not had sex in 20 years, but people have been ####ing since the beg of time.

I'm totally pro choice and believe the choice MUST be up to the woman. It's one of my few remaining conservative positions. A conservative would NEVER condone the state having such a power. In any event, being pro choice, I readily recognize that the vast majority of abortions are for birth control and not because of any medical concern.

steppinthrax

Okay. I'll bite. What difference does it make what I believe, Christian or not? If I don't believe in marriage between two members of the same sex, what do my beliefs have to do with the price of eggs in China? Are you suggesting that I should buy into something just because you do? Interracial marriage-we have married couple in my church that are mixed race, so that nixes that assumption.

Where do you get that conservatives do't believe in freedom of religion for all? I'm not familiar with that, unless you're talking about the crazy muslims that want to lop off anybody's head that thinks differently than they do. There's where you need to be pointing a finger.

Please explain how people use the bible to marginalize minorities. I have no idea what you're getting at.

Yes, I do believe in limited immigration. I own, I'm guilty. The immigrants that are coming into our country today, are not yesterdays immigrants. Those who are coming across our borders/staying illegally, are criminals. There is absolutely no good reason to want them here.

Because people like you may have an office of power (i.e store manager, search committee, supervisor, judge) who feel their need to project and apply their backwoods bull#### ideologies on the more forward thinking individuals like myself. But I think in your case you do not, nor have you ever occupied those roles.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

I do understand BC can fail, because it has happened to me. Please, who does not have access to birth control? You can get it in the flippin clinic in high school, local health clinics, and PP, right? You're just making excuses, and obviously you're running out of ways to defend you're argument because you're resorting to insults.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Because people like you may have an office of power (i.e store manager, search committee, supervisor, judge) who feel their need to project and apply their backwoods bull#### ideologies on the more forward thinking individuals like myself. But I think in your case you do not, nor have you ever occupied those roles.

What does this even mean? Wow. Off the deep end.

steppinthrax

I do understand BC can fail, because it has happened to me. Please, who does not have access to birth control? You can get it in the flippin clinic in high school, local health clinics, and PP, right? You're just making excuses, and obviously you're running out of ways to defend you're argument because you're resorting to insults.

Silly rabbit.

The Affordable care act just recently required Med Ins companies to cover birth control as a standard item within their plan (along with vaccination). Just recently, RU486 is available over the counter thanks to Larry Hogan. I now see this in Walmarts next to the condoms. There are still stories of store clerks (of course in heavily conservative states) refusing to sell condoms to people who appear to be underage. You still need a Rx to obtain birth control pills. I doubt that there is a "walk-in" for obtaining BC at some of these local HS (maybe in CA, DC, Baltimore City). Also you guys have been trying like a hell to close down PP, but failed, so now PP is OK to use right?

steppinthrax

I'm totally pro choice and believe the choice MUST be up to the woman. It's one of my few remaining conservative positions. A conservative would NEVER condone the state having such a power. In any event, being pro choice, I readily recognize that the vast majority of abortions are for birth control and not because of any medical concern.

I have to disagree with this because statistics that show it being used as a method for contraceptive are being used out of context. You have to look at "why" they are not using BC, I think it may have lots to do with some of the reasons I mentioned.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I have to disagree with this because statistics that show it being used as a method for contraceptive are being used out of context. You have to look at "why" they are not using BC, I think it may have lots to do with some of the reasons I mentioned.

So, you think some 600,000 times a year women have a real health issue? Where is the news on all of these illness's? Wouldn't people be up in arms if 600,000 attempts at having a kid were lost in emergency abortions due to various ailments?

Come on.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
I used to be a Democrat. Nope, I wasn't always a Republican.
This just goes to show that you too, can read, listen, hear, understand, and change your mind.
You can see the evil in our country, the greed, the lies.
If I can become a Republican, anyone can.

Open your heart. Open your eyes. Open your mind.

:flowers:

I thought I recalled a difference in your political views from 'back in the day'.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I thought I recalled a difference in your political views from 'back in the day'.

I'm a hell of a lot more passionate about politics as a republican than I ever was as a democrat. I'll admit, I was a parrot, for the most part.

steppinthrax

So, you think some 600,000 times a year women have a real health issue? Where is the news on all of these illness's? Wouldn't people be up in arms if 600,000 attempts at having a kid were lost in emergency abortions due to various ailments?

Come on.

I'm not going to search for the WHO statistics but this is from webmd which should shadow other sources.

http://www.webmd.com/women/tc/abortion-reasons-women-choose-abortion

It shows half of the woman who have abortions used some contraceptive so take your 600 and slash that in half. Then you see the inability to support a child, end an unwanted preg, birth defects, rape and mental conditions. So there are percentages for the last few. In all honesty I see nothing wrong with ending an abortion due to preg defects, rape and mental conditions. All in all if you want a figure of woman who irresponsibility #### and utilize no protection knowing they can just go to PP it's no where near 600K. Yes I agree with you that those who utilize an abortion as a method of contraceptive are irresponsible #######s.