I have been working on my Website

R

residentofcre

Some of you have been nice enough to offer me a critique of my website. I've been reconstructing www.beckytice.com for several days.

I am a candidate for Calvert County Commissioner. This is my first campaign and my first website.

Becky Tice
www.beckytice.com

J

JPC, Sr.

The Truth Shall Set Us All Free.

residentofcre said:
Some of you have been nice enough to offer me a critique of my website. I've been reconstructing www.beckytice.com for several days.

I am a candidate for Calvert County Commissioner. This is my first campaign and my first website.

Becky Tice
www.beckytice.com
:coffee: I like the website very much.

See posters, in Calvert County the Representatives are trying to care for Calvert County while the representatives in St. Mary's County are allowing the complete over run of our infrastructure.

It does make little difference which party one belongs to when school classrooms burn down as in 29B and the Representatives see no harm in bringing in more growth. O'Donnel would have thrown a fit if it burned in Calvert County but in SMC we just keep the feeding the greed.

My compliments go out to Calvert County. :howdy:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
JPC said:
My compliments go out to Calvert County. :howdy:

For what exactly? :confused:

For the original Prince Frederick bypass, which except for the wee hours of the morning is a traffic nightmare?

Or maybe you meant the disaster evacuation plan in the lower part of the county?

Should there ever be a need for 15-20K+ people and their vehicles to leave the area in a hurry with only about 3 (E/W 2-lane) roads all leading to a gridlocked Rt4, how long do you think a quick evacuation will take? We are all breathlessly awaiting for the extra traffic when the 90 acre professional park will be completed. :yahoo:

Did I mention the purposed expansion of the LNG pipeline that is supposed to run through people's private property against their will? Bet you can't guess how many leaks are already in the old pipeline. :whistle:

How about the new Lusby Town Center? Alas, original drawing was too good to be true. HG Trueman road, which was the old Rt4, will be expanded to 4 lanes as a NEW gaudy, soon to be trashy, Food Lion comes to Town. :clap:

Speaking of the old Rt4....remember when it dead-ended at the Solomons firehouse after the expansion of the new section? Within a few years it was rebuilt to alieviate traffic on Rt4 after the east side shopping centers were built. Now that's planning! :yay:

Did I mention London Bridge is falling down from the Calvert side? :jameo:

So you can keep your congratulatory :bs: to yourself JPC. The whole SoMD area is growing just like hundreds of other little towns across the country. Your greedy little developers are everywhere, planning is essential, but you won't stop it. :neener:

R

residentofcre

Do you think I should add a page for people who want to volunteer?

S

Scaratica

Before I would consider voting for you I would eneed to know how long you have resided in the state of MD and how long have you resided in Calvert?

residentofcre said:

Becky Tice
www.beckytice.com

S

Scaratica

What is your position on reducing theft and burglary in Calvert County

S

Scaratica

What is your position in school funding. What is your position on improving the per capita administrative cost's for attending CC shools

S

Scaratica

How would you view balancing or leveling the tax base that supports public school systems.How would you balance the contributions made through local tax vehicles.How would you get NON property owning residents to contribute their fair share to the school system.Since renters are not certified property owners,they don't contribute to the local tax base that supports our students participation in the CC school system?

S

Scaratica

I could go on and on. I feel that your campaign is very superficial and ego driven. I would strongly suggest that you learn a bit more about whats really inportant to the residents of Calvert County before you creat your platform.There are much more serious issues in Calvert County than if I am allowed to put my dog on a dog run.Seriously now.

R

residentofcre

My family has been in Southern Maryland for 13 generations. I bought my home here in 1998. I could not afford to buy it today under the new assessments.

I believe the county should cap the assessment of residential property and small business.

I believe the schools system should first work on colaborating with the organizations that offer after school activities... homework in a group environment works. My daughter's grades when she was in Boys & Girls club were much better than they are now. Once the schools get the grades up through this partnership, then grants [federal] based on significant improvement would become available.

After 25 years in the PTA I believe the BOE should be dictating the budget... but count on the fact that I would be suggesting these partnerships as another layer.

I don't understand your comment about renters. Fuel taxes and vehicle registration funds are based on the number of miles of road.

I live in a "private" community. I pay the same taxes as any other person in Calvert County. I see no reason for those who do not live in "private" communities to pay for the infrastructure upgrades that our communities need. On the other hand... I don't believe those who do not live in "private" communities should grumble because we ask for the county to stop ignoring our efforts to help ourselves. The Special Taxing District does seem to be working. We need the fuel taxes we pay to be returned to us. We would not be taking anything out of the other resident's pocket. The money is currently being held at the state level, not returned to Calvert County at all. We are asking for assistance in obtaining grant funds. This would not hurt others.

Cruelty to animals is just plain mean. Do you really think we should allow it? What kind of example are we setting for our children?

Thanks for your input.

willie

Scaratica said:
I could go on and on. I feel that your campaign is very superficial and ego driven. I would strongly suggest that you learn a bit more about whats really inportant to the residents of Calvert County before you creat your platform.There are much more serious issues in Calvert County than if I am allowed to put my dog on a dog run.Seriously now.
Ouch! that's nasty. You knew enough to copy/paste her website but forgot to read it.

willie

residentofcre said:
Your critics statement about renters was probably his/her mistaken belief that they don't pay tax to the County and therefore do not support the schools. I rent 4 houses in CRC and Drum Point, one (1) house has 1 child and he goes to the Catholic school therefore no burden on the County. I pay tax to the County on those four houses plus a rental does not benefit from the homestead credit(higher tax). The rent payments of the 3 childless households and the couple with the boy in Our Lady Star of the Sea are all going into the school system.

The current Commissioners are discussing lowering the tax rate. I would much prefer that rather than an assessment cap.

Last edited:
S

Scaratica

None of your responces would imply solutions to the issues that exist within this county. Are you certain that you can provide and are you prepared to provide reason backed up with firm understanding and regulatory resolution that can be supported by a constituancy willing to express their opinion to support your position? You have avoided the issues at large. I must assert, If you are not prepared to embrace the residents concerns,I would most likely recommend for the county at large,to ignore your move to run for any kind of regulatory seat within this county. Your verbatim is very shell and core and presents itself with no true strengths for enhancing the well fair for Calvert County.

S

Scaratica

your opinion is vald with one exception.Property owners outside of Calvert County and outside of Maryland

Hessian

Prince George's Cnty

Passed a law forbidding any further housing starts unless its police force was kept at a certain minimum.--
They have fallen 60+ officers below the minimum: and I drove past a hearing sign calling for 347 individual homes on a road that has not been resurfaced in 16 years...(Brandywine)
How is it that they can write requirements and then void them openly?

Is the same true of Calvert? Not so much the police standard but what of the evacuation plans in case of Hurricane or Calvert Cliffs evac?

I can't imagine that the evacuation plans established in the 1970's are valid.
I say moratorium (been saying it for 15 years) until the DOT can assure the Calvert public that all our roads can evacuate our citizens safely in 24 hours.
(Including scenarios of blockage & accidents)

You would gain a large precentage of people who do NOT want to turn PF & Rt 4 corridor into Waldorf--(as we are quickly heading.)

ylexot

Super Genius
Scaratica said:
your opinion is vald with one exception.Property owners outside of Calvert County and outside of Maryland
First, learn to use the "Reply w/ Quote" function. I'm assuming that you were replying to willie.

Second, :confused: Are you saying that people who live outside of Calvert, but own property in Calvert do not pay property taxes to Calvert? If so, you are wrong.

R

residentofcre

Scaratica said:
None of your responces would imply solutions to the issues that exist within this county.

I reviewed your public profile. Are you asking if I have solutions for St. Mary's County or Calvert County. Sotterly is in St. Mary's County. I am a Candidate for Commissioner in Calvert County.

Scaratica said:
Are you certain that you can provide and are you prepared to provide reason backed up with firm understanding and regulatory resolution that can be supported by a constituancy willing to express their opinion to support your position?

I don't understand your question. Are you asking if I feel I have provided the necessary information on my website to secure the majority of the vote?

willie

Scaratica said:
Aren't you scheduled to throw pies at Ann Coulter today?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
residentofcre said:
I reviewed your public profile. Are you asking if I have solutions for St. Mary's County or Calvert County. Sotterly is in St. Mary's County. I am a Candidate for Commissioner in Calvert County.

Nice way to dodge the question. His profile has nothing to do with which county he is in, since he mentioned Calvert a few times in his posts.

Your verbatim is very shell and core and presents itself with no true strengths for enhancing the well fair for Calvert County.

I would strongly suggest that you learn a bit more about whats really inportant to the residents of Calvert County before you creat your platform.There are much more serious issues in Calvert County than if I am allowed to put my dog on a dog run.