I have been working on my Website

willie

residentofcre said:
It seems to me that they pay local income taxes. They also pay local sales tax.

I don't think they pay real estate tax so that may be what this comment was about.
A renter indirectly pays property tax. A rental house is not eligible for the homestead credit and that is a lot more money toward the County and State than an owner occupied home. The landlord sure isn't going to pay it so the rent is adjusted accordingly. Renters contribute more than they are given credit for.

Last edited:
R

residentofcre

:killingme It took me a long time to get it.... I've been working on my website ..... :whistle: :jameo: :killingme

Sometimes I just take myself too seriously.... :killingme

MMDad

Lem Putt
Hey Becky, since we don't get any local new from our current commisioners, do you have any idea when the new shopping center will open?

If I believed the sign when it first when up, it would have opened Summer '04.

R

residentofcre

I don't get a whole lot more information than you do right now. I should have a little more information by this time next week. I have a meeting next week with someone who is involved in the planning of the new center. I'll definitely let everyone know what I find out.

I'm still boycotting the Fastops and Calvert County Food Lions. I haven't heard that the deed to the park has changed hands. In my opinion the deed should change hands before Food Lion opens.

When I turned on to Rousby Hall off of 2/4 on the way home from work this afternoon.. I could not believe the difference.... I'll bet Giant goes up really fast. They have all the permits in place to the best of my knowledge.

I would really encourage everyone to come to the next informational meeting whenever it is. I wish I could give you an idea when that will be, but it's not my call at all...

I do have a little news I can share about the Roads....
The State Roads people did a presentation to the CRE Board and the Drum Point Board. [West Lusby and White Sands were invited but must have had a conflict]

There are two intersections that I really don't much care for but all in all it is a much improved presentation. With Community Input, I believe we could get the problems I see straightened out before the final paving begins.

I asked State Roads to get it right on paper before they do any real paving. I keep trying to remind them that parents with children and other distractions will be using these intersections most. The comment I got from them was "we can't design roads for the distracted driver". I believe we can do better than what is on paper now...