I have invited Charles Lollar to a Meet & Greet!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Charles started the PAC called New Day Maryland a couple of years ago. After he was defeated in his race against Steny Hoyer , he set his focus on the issues in Maryland through his PAC.

This morning, after picking myself up & dusting myself off and realizing I have 2 choices: either give up (not in my nature & somehing I will never do) or try to make a difference...I got an idea. I contacted the most positive person I know in politics - Charles Lollar. I know this is Pollyanna but I can't help it - I SO believe in him & his vision for Maryland. I cannot sit & do nothing.

I invited Charles to one of our Meet & Greets to get together with other like minded Conservatives to talk about the general issues in Maryland and the country.

He accepted! :yahoo:

I think it would be nice to hear his take on the current state of affairs and maybe some idea on how to make a difference. Or just to chew the fat with.

I'm sure he needs to coordinate this with a very full schedule so I would like to set this for at least couple of weeks in the future. Any ideas on where and when? Pls. give your input!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Charles started the PAC called New Day Maryland a couple of years ago. After he was defeated in his race against Steny Hoyer , he set his focus on the issues in Maryland through his PAC.

This morning, after picking myself up & dusting myself off and realizing I have 2 choices: either give up (not in my nature & somehing I will never do) or try to make a difference...I got an idea. I contacted the most positive person I know in politics - Charles Lollar. I know this is Pollyanna but I can't help it - I SO believe in him & his vision for Maryland. I cannot sit & do nothing.

I invited Charles to one of our Meet & Greets to get together with other like minded Conservatives to talk about the general issues in Maryland and the country.

I think it would be nice to hear his take on the current state of affairs and maybe some idea on how to make a difference. Or just to chew the fat with.

I'm sure he needs to coordinate this with a very full schedule so I would like to set this for at least couple of weeks in the future. Any ideas on where and when? Pls. give your input!

No specific suggestion other than try for a place that won't get antsy if we stay too long or have too many folks and I'll definitely try to make this one!

NextJen

Raisin cane
Just a thought...maybe some place with a banquet room? (my first thought was something like Mamma Lucia). They have a minimum requirement for their banquet rooms, so you'd have to have a pretty good idea of how many folks would be coming. A banquet room would also provide for a setting where Charles could be heard instead of talking over the whole restaurant.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Lets keep it small and cozy. Lots of ppl read this forum and I'd prefer it be more personable than a larger crowd.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Racist

Bann

PREMO Member
Lets keep it small and cozy. Lots of ppl read this forum and I'd prefer it be more personable than a larger crowd.

This was my original intent- but I will ask what Charles is up for.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This was my original intent- but I will ask what Charles is up for.

Too late - by inviting everyone on the forums in a public thread, you have ensured that it will be a large crowd. :lol:

Call Toot's and see if Pat will let you do it there. I can't think of any restaurant that will be able to hold a political rally.

Bann

PREMO Member
Too late - by inviting everyone on the forums in a public thread, you have ensured that it will be a large crowd. :lol:

Call Toot's and see if Pat will let you do it there. I can't think of any restaurant that will be able to hold a political rally.
Well I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get to this thread - and my first thought was that would probably be small. But heck- if there's a lot of interest I see no reason why we couldn't ask Toots to have something there. Charles has been to Toots in the past & he likes it there!

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Well I wasn't sure how much of a response I would get to this thread - and my first thought was that would probably be small. But heck- if there's a lot of interest I see no reason why we couldn't ask Toots to have something there. Charles has been to Toots in the past & he likes it there!

:killingme

what about backroad inn.... or betty russells:popcorn:

Sweet 16

^^8^^

I don't know about a place but I would love to talk to him again. I heard him speak and spoke with him right after Benghazi happened and I think the world of him and his views as well. Don't know what can be done now that the citizens of our country and particularly our state have brought about Armageddon on us all but would love to hear some real "grass roots" ideas for getting us out of this mess.

Im_Me

I'm in, if possible. Where is his headquarters? Would love to see it in a central location like in Solomons/Luby area or maybe Hughesville. But I will travel.

Hank

my war
Ohhhh... Will BCP be referring to Obama as "N, (you can fill in the rest)" at this function? :party:

Bann

PREMO Member
Invite JPC :lol:

:evil:

I thought this was a meet and greet for Lollar, not a lynching for JPC. But if we combine the two, I'll bring the rope.

You’re thinking of a different type of rally.

It would be open to the entire forum reading this, of course. Just so everyone is clear - Charles Lollar wouldn't be part of anything untoward as is being posted. Joking or not.

And as an advocate of and supporter of his - neither would I in his name.

So if that is what you're about - take it out of this thread or I will close it and send out invitation PM's to a hand picked group. TYVM