I know I'm black, but Obama? Come on ...!!!

SamSpade

So why does everyone assume that black people are only voting for Obama because he is black?.

Best answer? Statistics. In some areas, over 80-90% of the black vote is going to Obama, which in most jurisdictions over most of the voting history is simply unbelievable. It's rare for ANYONE to secure that kind of vote. Moreover, they were doing this in the Democratic PRIMARY - so it wasn't even a Dem/Republican thing.

Lastly - ask. There's plenty of people who will tell you they're voting for him because he's black, just as people said they were voting for Hillary because she's a woman.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
So why does everyone assume that black people are only voting for Obama because he is black? Why don't people question white people when they vote for Mccain?? or when they voted for Bush or Kerry in 2004. There are millions of white people who voted for Obama, do you think they did because he is black??? Most people vote based on their political beliefs.

I know this might come to a shock to a lot of people on this board, but everyone in American doesn't think like you.

So the Freshman Senator comes on the scene out of nowhere, with no real political, legislative, military, foriegn policy, or economic experience and he's your guy. Oh that makes so much more sense. Sorry dude, the short bus just left without you!!! :smack:

stylin

My question is....

Yes, I will be voting for McCain. I do NOT agree with Change...oh thats right, what change, he hasn't really stated it yet! How much experience does he have, not much.

I have a story for you....my coworker was on the Hillary bus and bad mouthed Obama to no end. I would never vote for him...Blah blah blah...we guess who she is voting for....no she doesn't like McCain but her exact words were, " This country will be in Big trouble if Obama is elected" ok so I guess that changed since Hillary is out?

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD
Thanks Chern!!

I completely agree with you. This dude, is a bad dude. I want my black folk to vote for someone who would turn out to be a great leader, or at least someone with as-like-minded goals and standards as possible. But this guy is just a flat out bad guy. Too bad most of the blacks I talk to ARE voting for him, for all the wrong reasons, and look at me like I have three eyes, when I say something to the contrary. Sellout and Uncle Tom come to mind. ( Imma pretty big dude, so you know they don't say that to my face, it would be ugly, but there is no doubt it's said behind my back. It's ok, I am used to it. Been a cop for 13 years. You couldn't imagine what I have been called by black and white people alike. LOL ) Anywho... I wish I could run for office myself, but I got wayyyyyy toooo many skeletons in my closet. LOL

I hope that Maryland get's with the program. Cause when I bumped into Michael Steele at the Bowie WaWa not too long after his loss, I shook his hand and told him, " I am sorry you didn't win, LT. Gov, but don't go away. You, J.C. Watts, Alan Keyes, Lynn Swann, Condi, Powell, we need you guys. Don't let us down." You know what he said to me? Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere". Great, hopefully we haven't seen the end of him, and others like him, and hopefully the blacks in this state will, like me, stand up for what's right and do the right thing.

OK in the above post you said blacks are voting for the "Wrong reason". Have you every thought that they might be voting for him because he does have "like-minded goals and standards" Allot of people have voted for Obama, so that must me a lot of people agreed with his message...

Have you ever thought that blacks in the state did what was right FOR THEM, just because they don't agree w/ your political view doesn't make them wrong....... They where not compelled to vote for Steele because his skin color matched theirs... They voted based on their beliefs..... TThat makes them right in my eyes...

:howdy:

Holy God's of WAR, Hear my prayer: did this clown just say what I thought he said?

Look here, clown boy, I happen to be black. I FEEL COMPELLED TO VOTE FOR HIM BECAUSE HE IS BLACK! ( but I won't ) My entire family, they will, my friends ( the liberal ones )will, the moron's at the ACLU, and Move.ORGINAL, they will too. I don't give two rat turds as to the reason WHY they are voting for him, if you read my letter above, you would know that. I just have a problem that people would vote for this CLOWN at all, regardless of color! Now, get back on your bike, and go for a ride.....

Your "Liberal friends", are voting for him because he is liberal.... and this suprises you???...:whistle: Dude you've got to get it together......

Don't get mad at me because you are torn between your convictions and your race, that sounds like a personal problem to me......:bigwhoop:

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD
Best answer? Statistics. In some areas, over 80-90% of the black vote is going to Obama, which in most jurisdictions over most of the voting history is simply unbelievable. It's rare for ANYONE to secure that kind of vote. Moreover, they were doing this in the Democratic PRIMARY - so it wasn't even a Dem/Republican thing.

Lastly - ask. There's plenty of people who will tell you they're voting for him because he's black, just as people said they were voting for Hillary because she's a woman.

OK, and those people are idiots.... whats your point. There are allot of people who will NOT vote for him because his is black.. and those people are idiots too.....

Hell at least 9 members of SOMD.com will never vote for a black guy........

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Actually my Dream Ticket would be Steele as McCains VP choice, may force some blacks and others to actually research their choice in candidates.

Steele's defeat by icky white pasty guy Ben Cardin proved to me that blacks vote party, not skin color. There's a recent thread where I was telling The Right Miller this.

So I probably agree with Moe - blacks aren't voting for Obama because he's black, they're voting for him because he's a Democrat. White guilters - THEY are voting for him because he's black. Makes them feel all cool and hip. "SEE?? I'm not a racist! I'm voting for the black guy!"

Hessian

We can't keep voting...

for the guy who makes us feel good.
for the guy who understands our needs.
for the guy who looks like us.
for the guy who will keep other countries happy with us.
for the guy who will really help the poor.

This is all CRAP that was planted in the 1930's, matured in the 60's and dominates us by the 1990's.

Look at our REAL leaders in History.
They were statesmen, they were unpopular at times but they did what is right...for the FUTURE of the country,...not meeting the immediate desires.

Mr President: your real job is to secure our borders, defend us from attacks, sign treaties that benefit us, and appoint justices that interpret the law based on the constitution.
AND veto legislation that redistributes our wealth.

That sir...is your power.
You may not exceed it.

edinsomd

Great post, Tomahawk!:buddies: As my Daddy used to say, sort of, whoever robs Peter to pay Paul can always count on Paul's vote.
Ed

sunman1_67

VERY WELL written Tomahawk! Couldn't agree with you more. Run for office, wether it be local or federal and you've got my vote!

SLIM

VERY WELL written Tomahawk! Couldn't agree with you more. Run for office, wether it be local or federal and you've got my vote!

:yeahthat:

I'm registered democrat but if Ms. Rice were on the ticket as VP....well there's my vote!:yahoo:
That's a PERSON to be reconed with otherwise she wouldn't be where she is!

C

czygvtwkr

So why does everyone assume that black people are only voting for Obama because he is black? Why don't people question white people when they vote for Mccain?? or when they voted for Bush or Kerry in 2004. There are millions of white people who voted for Obama, do you think they did because he is black??? Most people vote based on their political beliefs.

I know this might come to a shock to a lot of people on this board, but everyone in American doesn't think like you.

I'd wager a large chunk of people vote for whomever has the best haircut.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

wow *snicker*
Based on both your posting history, I bet if polled, most here (all races) would consider you two embarrassments to your race.

Oh and great post TH!! :high5:

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I am black. I am a Southern Maryland resident also. I am also very conservative. I remember asking my mother when I turned 18, " mom, you are more familiar with this, what party should I register with?" " Son, you should register with the Democrats, cause they are more for blacks and minorities". Well, as much as I love my mother, I later found out, through life's trials and tribulations, that she was wrong.

Now, I know what some of you are thinking, and allow me to defend myself before you tear my head off. The Republican Party, to me, was a strange and confounding thing. Some of the questions I had about this political system of ours was, " Why are there only TWO parties? Why does one support minorities and the right to choose, while the other wants to hold blacks down and insure that rich people continue to get rich?" So finally pulled my squad car into a public library and researched the subject. Up until then, I just voted the way that the rest of my family voted, that was, until my SGT, who was a hard-core Reagan supporter explained some things to me. Here is what I found out, personally about the Republican Party:

1) They stand for Rights and Freedom. ( Both parties do, but here's the difference ) The 'Pubs feel that the Constitution is a LIVING DOCUMENT. The words written on that paper, are sacred and the rules and rights they grant, are inherent to each and every CITIZEN of the United States of America. The Democratic Party thinks that they Constitution is outdated and needs to constantly be modified and updated, sort of like the software on my Ipod. WRONG...

My Opinion: I like the rights and liberties that the Constitution gives me. I don't have to talk, if I don't want to. I have a right to own a gun ( as long as I am not a felon ) I don't have to implicate myself in a crime, and I have a right to vote, these things weren't given to us by men, these RIGHTS were granted to us by GOD, only recorded by men. I'll explain it to you like this, Moses didn't write the ten commandments, he just brought them down the mountain. God wrote the ten commandments, and was even nice enough to wrte them in stone for us." You can't let a man take away ( or modify ) what God Himself has granted. It's just not right.

2) After the slaves were freed ( Lincoln didn't free them on purpose, contrary to what we were taught. He just needed more soldiers, but I'm not mad, in the end, my ancestors were freed, and that's that ) they could finally hold public office. A combined total of 17 BLACK MEN were elected to congress and the senate, all of which belonged to.... that's right folks, the Republican Party. (Fact)

My Opinion: If the 'Pubs were that bad, and really had it "IN" for us, why the H E double hockey sticks would newly freed black men, run and get elected on their ticket? No brainer here folks.

3) In a day and age when the numbers of black men who are dead or in jail are skyrocketing, the Republican Party preaches self respect, responsibility and contribution to society. Standing up for yourself and others, and holding yourself to a higher moral and ethical standard. Now, how.. in ... the.... hell..... could.... that.... be.... a... bad... thing.... for ..... black... men... such.... as.... myself... and.....others? Hell, that's a good point for ALL men, not just black! So where is that a bad thing?

My Opinion: Getting an education and supporting your family. Becoming a contributing member to society. Hey, all people aren't PROMISED a good life, you are just promised a CRACK at MAKING a good life for yourself. But no one is going to HAND anything to you. The Constitution has never promised that, and hopefully, never will. It's up to you to get up off your duff, and get to it.

Now, enough of my party speech, but I could go on and on as to why I think I like being conservative and not liberal. I think you guys get the point.

Obama? I don't like the guy. Am I proud that a Black man has made it as far as he has, you bet your bottom dollar I am. I am very, extremely proud. But I don't agree with a damn word that comes out of the man's mouth. Nothing. And for that, in my eyes, he is a danger to America. He is going to derail and alter, change and set askew, everything that our founding fathers, our ancestors and our God, has set in motion. ( I don't like McCain either, but the lesser of two evils? Yup ) I can't turn this country, I won't, turn this country over to a man, who wants to take away our right to defend ourselves, who wants to take 50% of what my kids will make, and GIVE it away, who will give the enemies of our great country, rights they do not have, in a country they want to destroy, who will watch this country go bankrupt by killing hope of using energy reserves, while his millions in the bank collect hefty interest. I cannot forsake all that I have fought for, on foreign lands, and here at home, to perish in a puff of smoke, just because I elected a president based on the color of his skin.
By doing that, by voting for this man, who does, look like me, I will have commited the greatest sin of all, turning my back on what I love the most, the red, white and blue.

Vote John McCain in November. He ain't perfect, but he's all we've got. :diva:

WOOHOO!! :high5:

ImnoMensa

The idiot white Democrats that I speak to arent voting for Obama because he is black, They are still voting against George Bush.

The hate campaign that they have spewed for the last 7 years have half of them convinced Bush is running again .

Like I say idiots.

One other thing the powerful Democrats, the insiders ,believe they can take advantage of Obama's Naievete' and political ignorance to get what they want in spite of him.They feel they can use him ,the real power isnt in the Presidency its in those that work behind the President.The real power in the Democrat party feel they can reel Obama in like a caught fish.

Pushrod

Patriot
Great post Tomahawk! That is the way this country should always vote, for the person running and how closely they follow Constitutional law.
You have my respect.
:buddies: