I make men pass tests to date me: ‘Just stop the bulls–t’

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
General musing on modern dating:
Yes, it’s traditional that a man picks up the tab. Carry over from early Industrial Age, when a man already established in his career would be courting a lady who still lives with her parents and not expected to ever work.

Nowadays, when it’s dating between two more or less peers. A lady, unless she’s a total gold-digger, would have her own career, and possibly make more money.

It’s a nice gesture for a man to pick up the tab, but should it really be “expected”? Is there a reciprocal action “expected” from the lady?
:gossip::dye:

BOP

Oh stop it - every guy on here would hit that. :rolleyes:

Anyway, she is frank that she's a trophy and you have to earn her. I don't really see anything wrong with that. Plus I don't think she's asking all that much - men should treat women nicely anyway, but they aren't being taught anymore how to do that.
You would be wrong. Not only no, but hell no! There is not enough alcohol in the world.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is an entirely new world from the one we grew up in, Dee.
See, I don't think it is. Maybe in the big cities full of progs who don't know how to act, but in normal America even young people still date like in a way we oldsters would recognize.

black dog

Free America
Jen’s test:
-Are you a liberal? (If yes, no next date)

Pretty much most anything else I can deal with.
I love the POF personal ads that state, if you hunt, fish, have tattoos, facial hair, own guns or are a Trump Supporter pass me by.

Reactions: BOP

nobody really

I need a nap
on line dating has made people so shallow . i dated a guy (briefly) that I met on line. A few weeks later, he said he met someone else on line. and she was really hot, and in grad school.
Months go by and he texted to make small talk and he said she turned put to be looking for someone to pay her. I still laugh at his stupidity and shallowness.

SamSpade

In nature, there exist a lot of creatures that expect to receive without making much effort - if at all - to give.
We call them parasites.

I wouldn't waste my time or breath around such a woman.
I've always been drawn to a woman who is as much my best friend as she is my lover,
She might be nice to look at, but that's as far as it goes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I still don't see what this woman did that was so high maintenance. She expected her date to be a gentleman - how retro of her.

It really wasn't that long ago that the guy would have been criticized for leaving her on the street alone at 4am.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I still don't see what this woman did that was so high maintenance. She expected her date to be a gentleman - how retro of her.

It really wasn't that long ago that the guy would have been criticized for leaving her on the street alone at 4am.
All her points were things men used to be expected to do as real gentlemen. She's being transparent on what she's looking for and what she's looking for is a man well versed in traditional, chivalrous acts who doesn't have to be reminded to complete.

Hairy feminists have scared the chivalry out of most men nowadays - or aren't bothering to teach their sons the basics, so I'll be realistic in knowing her requirements are hard to come by -- but they shouldn't be. Everyone's missing that point.

My only caveat with her tests, is whoever does the asking should pay. Granted, my shy personality never did the asking so they always paid, but I always offered to split - and they usually declined. That was my test.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All her points were things men used to be expected to do as real gentlemen. She's being transparent on what she's looking for and what she's looking for is a man well versed in traditional, chivalrous acts who doesn't have to be reminded to complete.

Thank you - I thought I was missing something or going crazy. :whew:
Hairy feminists have scared the chivalry out of most men nowadays

That's why men shouldn't date hairy feminists, and if they do it anyway they deserve what they get.

DaSDGuy

A perspective that should be included in the thought process:

It is from Florida, so that's a grain of salt to take with it.

Clem72

My only caveat with her tests, is whoever does the asking should pay. Granted, my shy personality never did the asking so they always paid, but I always offered to split - and they usually declined. That was my test.

Granted it's been a LONG while since I was in the dating game, but the way I always thought of it was that if I extend the invitation, I pay. Same with family and friends. If I invite you to my house for dinner, I don't ask you to cook or bring anything. If I ask you to go out to eat with me, I pay. If it was a mutual decision (like after a ball game we decide to hit up a restaurant) then everyone pays their own way.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Thank you - I thought I was missing something or going crazy. :whew:
Everyone read the title and looked at her pictures, and made many assumptions. She literally spelled it out - that's pretty rare for a NY Post article.

And to be clear, just because she looks like that AND has laid out those expectations for guys she's dating does not mean she's not ready to bring her trophy self to the table. This article was about what she expects in men she dates - not what men can expect from her. Maybe she holds her standards so high because she knows her self worth. And just because you're not willing to meet her standards, doesn't mean she has no self worth.

SamSpade

I did think it was kind of weird about the Uber thing. Why doesn't he drive her home?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I did think it was kind of weird about the Uber thing. Why doesn't he drive her home?

Because owning a car in the city is ridiculously expensive and finding parking is a nightmare. They both Ubered to the date, and were going opposite directions after.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Most women are NOT getting in a car with a guy she just met on the 1st date ....

I know a women who met a guy for coffee, went for a walk, ended up back at his car and sexually assaulted ...

DaSDGuy

Most women are NOT getting in a car with a guy she just met on the 1st date ....

I know a women who met a guy for coffee, went for a walk, ended up back at his car and sexually assaulted ...
Point taken. Good thing she knows all of the Uber drivers well so she can feel safe with them. After all, getting into a car with a complete stranger isn't safe, right? Also, if this man would have waited until she rode away with that complete stranger driving for Uber, how was her safety increased?