I need a fantastic book

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
nanstime said:
You should try the Janet Evonovich?sp? books. there are 13 of them and it starts with One for the money all. the way to Lean mean thirteen. I swear they are awesome.Let me know if you read them and how you liked them.I will bet you will. This goes to whoever reads this post. :howdy: :howdy:

I have them all!! Great humor, light reading. :cheers:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Brain numbing - simple engrossing books - hmmm...

You know, it's kind of embarrassing but I really like Sara Paretsky's V.I. Warshawski series. There was a Kathleen Turner movie a long time ago that really didn't do the lady private eye justice. I'm usually into it and brain dead by the second page.

Another one that totally gets me sucked in, is Jonathan Kellerman's Dr. Alex Delaware series. However it's not as brain numbing and sometimes can be a complicated read. It also scares me a little bit that people are out there like that. :jameo: Psychos.

Patricia Cornwell's Dr Faye Scarpetta series sucks me in too. There's usually so much going on and so many twists and turns that I carry the books with me to go pee. However, I have tried some of her other series and well, I just don't like them as much.

The thing about any of these series - is you can pick up any one and don't necessarily have to read them in order. You'll get enough "filler" to let you know what's going on.

Boxdyn

migtig said:
Brain numbing - simple engrossing books - hmmm...

You know, it's kind of embarrassing but I really like Sara Paretsky's V.I. Warshawski series. There was a Kathleen Turner movie a long time ago that really didn't do the lady private eye justice. I'm usually into it and brain dead by the second page.

Another one that totally gets me sucked in, is Jonathan Kellerman's Dr. Alex Delaware series. However it's not as brain numbing and sometimes can be a complicated read. It also scares me a little bit that people are out there like that. :jameo: Psychos.

Patricia Cornwell's Dr Faye Scarpetta series sucks me in too. There's usually so much going on and so many twists and turns that I carry the books with me to go pee. However, I have tried some of her other series and well, I just don't like them as much.

The thing about any of these series - is you can pick up any one and don't necessarily have to read them in order. You'll get enough "filler" to let you know what's going on.

If you like those, try the Prey books by John Sanford. They grab you right away and don't let go.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
migtig said:
I loved her older books in the Scarpetta series, but the last few just didn't sit well with me, especially the most recent. I just don't like where she's taking the characters. I still read them though. :lol:

Another of my favorites is Linda Fairstein. She writes about a female sex crimes prosecuter (Alex Cooper), and the books are always engaging and intelligent. She was the head of the sex crimes unit in Manhattan, so she knows her stuff. :yay:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Nickel said:
I loved her older books in the Scarpetta series, but the last few just didn't sit well with me, especially the most recent. I just don't like where she's taking the characters. I still read them though. :lol:

Another of my favorites is Linda Fairstein. She writes about a female sex crimes prosecuter (Alex Cooper), and the books are always engaging and intelligent. She was the head of the sex crimes unit in Manhattan, so she knows her stuff. :yay:
I'll agree with you there. Florida? :smack: Anywho...I'll pick up some Fairstein books at the library and check her out. Thanks.

blondiedust

The Mommy Track Series by Ayelet Waldman is GREAT!! Also anything by Mary Kay Andrews is wonderful. Definately "chick lit"

Callie girl

I like James Patterson, Nicholas Sparks and Danielle Steel. Danielle Steele's older ones are better than the new ones like Silent honor.

Cowgirl

with the Janet Evonovich books you will do the exact same thing I promise.

:yeahthat: I was cracking up one night, and BF wanted to know what was so funny. I read him a little paragraph, and he asked me to keep reading. I've read several books outloud so we could both "read" them at the same time. :yay: I love her books. Can't wait for the next one!

Geek

:yeahthat: I was cracking up one night, and BF wanted to know what was so funny. I read him a little paragraph, and he asked me to keep reading. I've read several books outloud so we could both "read" them at the same time. :yay: I love her books. Can't wait for the next one!

I do that with TGS when we are driving to Fla. :huggy:

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
:yahoo: Mystical!!! You picked this before Oprah!!!!! I am in the Middle of it right now. It is so good.

Oh it's an Oprah book now? Imagine that.

I read it years ago for the first time and have read it I know 5 times since. Whenever I have nothing else to read I pick that up again. I love it!

Follet wrote Pillars of the Earth in like 1988 or 89 and has JUST, 18 years later, written thte sequel, World without End. As awesome if not better!

Enjoy! I am jealous! I wish I was reading it for the first time.