I need some prayers

Steve

Enjoying life!
Penn said:
You got it Steve. That Is good news to hear he can get up and walk when he wants to. He'll be tickling the nurses tomorrow!
Maybe so! That would be a very good sign. When he gets up, he tries to undo his own IVs, but everyone makes him pull the cart around. He knows how to disconnect them, but you know the routine. :biggrin:

The Jackoholic

thinning out the tards
Steve said:
Christy's dad is doing better. He has regained a lot of the strength he lost on his right side, and he is able to walk around. In fact, when he is ready to get up, he gets up, and nobody better try and stop him!

This afternoon, he had a carotid doppler scan done, which revealed that his right inner carotid artery appears to be blocked. They will conduct additional tests to see if this is congenital or a result of plaque. The tapered appearance was inconclusive to the radiologist, so we'll see. He is able to eat soft foods, but still has some difficulty swallowing. Tomorrow he has his MRI, which should reveal a lot to the doctor.

Speech is still limited, to "Yes", "No", "You know what..." and "Aw hell...", and his mental faculties seem pretty normal. Keep the prayers coming, and thanks for everone's concern.

:yay:
i think hell be just fine as soon as he gets home gets a beer a gun and gets something to shoot at. tell him i said i hope gets better

K

Kizzy

I am very glad to hear he is improving, this is a very good sign after having a stroke. :yay:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Just an update. Miracles do happen. They did the MRI and my father suffered from a massive stroke and shouldn't be here, at a minimum he should be completely paralyzed, but he isn't. He's pretty much fully regained his strength and is able to move about just fine and won't require ANY physical therapy. His speach is still the issue. The neurologist is astounded, as are we. He's never seen anyone be able to do what my dad is doing with such a severe amount of damage.

Thank you all again for your prayers, I believe they've truly worked miracles. :huggy:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:huggy: Christy, the power of prayer, from one or many; what can you say?

It works. :yay:

I really am glad to hear he's able to get up and walk when he want's to. Just think how it makes him feel, to command his body to do what he wills it .

And, it responds? I don't know if he shows much emotion, but inside, I imagine he's grinning with joy!

The Jackoholic

thinning out the tards
Christy said:
Just an update. Miracles do happen. They did the MRI and my father suffered from a massive stroke and shouldn't be here, at a minimum he should be completely paralyzed, but he isn't. He's pretty much fully regained his strength and is able to move about just fine and won't require ANY physical therapy. His speach is still the issue. The neurologist is astounded, as are we. He's never seen anyone be able to do what my dad is doing with such a severe amount of damage.

Thank you all again for your prayers, I believe they've truly worked miracles. :huggy:
maybe that little dog that bit him a few weeks ago had something to do with his recovery. glad to hear he's fine. don't tell him i said that or he might shoot me next time