I Think I May Just Die!

GypsyQueen

I'MnotSICKbutI'MnotWELL!
This is what happened.

So I decided with so many changes in my life right now, to die my hair......lighter. Dont know why, just thought it was a good idea. I love my dark hair. Well we go to Walmart around 1130 and get home around 1230(this morning) and we get to dying my hair. I chose a gold-ish color. Pretty on the box. She applies both bottles i bought to my dark long wavy amazing hair and let it sit for the recommended time. Then i jump in the shower to rinse and condition. Midnight says, "Stick your head out, let me see." and when I do she proceeds to slap both hand over mouth and let out a muffled, but worried " OH NO!" I almost vomit and pass in the shower. But no, i cant die like this. No one would dye my hair back for my funeral. I hurry through the rest of my shower and then Midnight says "Im going to turn the lights off, dont look in the mirror. Just wrap a towel around your head and come out and blow dry it. Im sure it will be okay." But did i follow instructions? Not only no, but hell no. I jump out of the shower and see bits of my roots that look like that cheap orange blondish crap that girls with Playboy Bunny jumpsuits have. This is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOT ok! Turns out, my roots from when i previously dyed my hair are the only part that took the dye this time. Like i have cheap orange blondish crap for roots. I LOOK LIKE A NATURAL BORN PLAYBOY BUNNY JUMPSUIT WEARER! Now I will go sulk.

rpexie

.:Georgia Peach:.
yes if you have any natural red undertones in your hair, it will pull red and be that brassy orange color. That will happen unless it has an ash or "cool" tone
=( What are you gonna do!? I bet it can be fixed. Ive seen worse get fixed!! they can probably dye the whole thing a dark color without much damage to your hair since it wouldnt be another bleach

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
You can't really deposit a light shade of color on dark hair. It just doesn't work. Go buy a bottle or two of something dark to color it back. It's only hair and it can be fixed or grown out. :huggy:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
You can't really deposit a light shade of color on dark hair. It just doesn't work. Go buy a bottle or two of something dark to color it back. It's only hair and it can be fixed or grown out. :huggy:

...or just start wearing Playboy Bunny jumpsuits

Beta84

They're out to get us
i don't dye hair ever, but don't they need to do it a bunch of times when you have darker hair in order for it to take effect? your hair is really dark :shrug:

PS: don't change the color doofus :huggy:

GopherM

Darwin was right
Walmart, dye job, middle of the night...what made any of this seem like a good idea? Must have been one of those "tequila makes my clothes fall off" nights.

GypsyQueen

I'MnotSICKbutI'MnotWELL!
yes if you have any natural red undertones in your hair, it will pull red and be that brassy orange color. That will happen unless it has an ash or "cool" tone
=( What are you gonna do!? I bet it can be fixed. Ive seen worse get fixed!! they can probably dye the whole thing a dark color without much damage to your hair since it wouldnt be another bleach

ugh, it actually dye the exact color of the box. Just not all of my hair. :ohwell:

Oh Im sure youre already googling what to do and all that but in case you couldnt find something I found this:

What to do when coloring your hair blonde turns it orange - by Amber Alexander - Helium

sounds like the same problem!
Thank you so much :smile:

Shave your head and start over from scratch with a new head of hair.

:yay: and thats what I'll do.

The box had some kind of lightener. On the scale where they show the shades of hair and what color the dye will turn it, showed as dark as black. So i would dye darker hair, but doesnt want to dye darker hair that has been dyed before. :frown:

...or just start wearing Playboy Bunny jumpsuits
NOOOOOOO!!

i don't dye hair ever, but don't they need to do it a bunch of times when you have darker hair in order for it to take effect? your hair is really dark

PS: don't change the color doofus :huggy:

I do what i want!
Walmart, dye job, middle of the night...what made any of this seem like a good idea? Must have been one of those "tequila makes my clothes fall off" nights.

:lol:

Pics or it didn't happen.

later....maybe.

This is my favorite part of the story......:biggrin:

:cartwheel:wench:

GopherM

Darwin was right
You know...it might have been a good night to just stay in the trailer park eating pork rinds and watching Ultimate Fighting.

GypsyQueen

I'MnotSICKbutI'MnotWELL!
0213001510_0001.jpg

This is what happened