If you..

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
mv_princess said:
Could have asked your S.O. one question before you got married, that could have changed your views about them. What would it be?

Maybe something you learned later that you had wished you knew before.
It probably would have saved some heartache had I truly known - TRULY known - what my previous partners expected out of my marriage/long term relationships. Instead, I would accept the answers of whatever situation I challenged at the time and chose to identify with their way of thinking, whether it felt right to me, inside, or not. Even when you think you have the same expectations of a life together, you don't really know until you bring it to the table with the known struggles at hand.

Had I had the courage and the knowledge, my life could possibly have played out differently, so in that aspect, I am grateful that the suffering has brought me to a better place. Living and learning and at peace with some areas of life.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
So, based on the nature of the question, and some of the answers, one would deduce that a few of you are getting a divorce in the near future.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
virgovictoria said:
It probably would have saved some heartache had I truly known - TRULY known - what my previous partners expected out of my marriage/long term relationships. Instead, I would accept the answers of whatever situation I challenged at the time and chose to identify with their way of thinking, whether it felt right to me, inside, or not. Even when you think you have the same expectations of a life together, you don't really know until you bring it to the table with the known struggles at hand.

Had I had the courage and the knowledge, my life could possibly have played out differently, so in that aspect, I am grateful that the suffering has brought me to a better place. Living and learning and at peace with some areas of life.
:bawl: :huggy:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
elaine said:
So, based on the nature of the question, and some of the answers, one would deduce that a few of you are getting a divorce in the near future.

Already divorced. Won't be walking that plank again anytime soon...and shoot me if I mention it. TIA

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Not me. C_Jo couldn't get that lucky. :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mv_princess said:
:lol: It's not like that, but I am asking for my own knowledge and personal reasons.

The problem with your question is, you probably wouldn't get an honest answer....

"Are you a lying, cheating whore?" Do you think you'd get an honest answer to that? How 'about "Are you going to play video games all night, every night?"

There is no good question, and there's really no answer to yours.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
elaine said:
The problem with your question is, you probably wouldn't get an honest answer....

"Are you a lying, cheating whore?" Do you think you'd get an honest answer to that? How 'about "Are you going to play video games all night, every night?"

There is no good question, and there's really no answer to yours.
this is true. But idea's are what I am really looking for.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
mv_princess said:
Could have asked your S.O. one question before you got married, that could have changed your views about them. What would it be?

Maybe something you learned later that you had wished you knew before.

Will you continue to throw past things in my face forever?