I'm not saying Happy Holidays!

5thstreet

You had me agreeing til you started criticizing people for rooting for the Washington Redskins. Then you started really getting ticky-tac. People can't root for Native American mascots? How about Cowboys? Are the Dallas Cowboys bad too? That's another type of person. :shrug:

Well, I don't think calling someone a cowboy is normally thought of as offensive to them. My point is that if people would consider it rude call an individual by a particular name then it seems to me that it is rude to call a group of people by that name and call attention to that rude name. To elaborate on the example I gave before, most people would consider it rude to call an Italian American a WOP to his face, I think it would be equally rude to name a sport team the New Jersey WOPs. If the name is rude then it is rude.

Just my opinion and I know we all have one. I certainly appreciate the right to express mine.

How is saying happy holidays offending anyone? How is including ALL holidays (instead of just picking one and excluding others) a bad thing? How is this discrimination when it includes ALL holidays? If an employer wants employees to include ALL holidays, how is it religious discrimination?

True this is known as the holiday season.

BTW :killingme at this thread. I love you all. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Except for petaza which I saw on wico is only for alternate lifestye peeps. And kwanza which I don't get.:lol:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
perhaps you are familiar with Matthew?

(though the words themselves come from the mouth of christ)

"Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven."

"Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward."
If this is Matthew 6 that you are speaking of, Jesus is talking about the Pharisees praying in public and acting "holy" so as to be seen. Yes, that is wrong but telling people what I've done for the community isn't a sin.
(I sooo wish that people would put that King James book away. How weird that language sounds today).

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
IS - It's nice you've been a part of so many of these things and I'm not trying to be disparaging towards you but you really do need to rethink a lot of what you've said. Going to battle for God does not mean you have to constantly go down people's throats and try to shove God in there! The Bible says we are never going to be able to understand all of the mysteries of God so it is possible for you (or me or anyone else no matter how much we have studied and continue to study) to be wrong sometimes too. We are not to boast of what we have done for God but of what He has done for us. No, we aren't to add to or take away from the Bible so that takes care of the "sugar coating" but temperance goes a long way. Few people listen to a screamer. Merry Christmas and I mean that sincerely.
I agree with part of this but not all. On this forum there are people who respond to gentleness and respectful words and there are those who don't. Once I find folks who only want to spit on Christianity, I will not bow down and kiss their feet. Again, read John 8, read about John the Baptist and read some of Peter's & Paul's words in Acts. Far from warm & fuzzy!
Jesus knew those who would be saved and those who would not. Read how His tone changed with those who had disdain for His message. I will not stand by all soft & sweet when people just want to disrespect my Savior and Christmas by blending it in with other holidays. You need to not be afraid to say it like it is sometimes. We're always labled as "passive" and this is why the world is headed to hell as we say.
I am a very laid back easy going person. Most people I meet in person comment on the fact that I ALWAYS smile, have nice teeth and am so easy going but anyone who has a controversial dialogue with me about "religion" knows that I can go from smile to vile in a NY second. I've had it up to here with lies, watering down the Word of God and disrespecting it and I will let the truth be known "passionately". No cussing, no anger, just boldness with a little "snap" mixed in.
Merry Christmas to you too and thanks for your concern, I guess.
First off....I did not criticize you for speaking God's word, I criticized your harsh and arrogant attitude.
Second....I am not ignorant of Christ's methods. I do not believe Christ was arrogant, rude and judgemental as you are. Again, I criticized your way of speaking God's word.
Third......This lady friend has also led people to Christ. You were jumping to conclusions and judging me for criticizing the way you speak. I NEVER criticized you for being a Christian, I said your methods aren't a very good example by ranting and raving and the arrogance.
No, you don't need to know me. You've already judged and persecuated me claiming I don't know Christ based on the sole fact that I criticized YOU.
Merry Christmas.
Thank you for your opinion but I'm probably an "poor example" of the type of Christian that you're used to. I got tired of passive church Christians while watching the "vocal majority" destroying my country.
God uses us with our own personality traits mixed in. He uses the meek, the geeks and the freaks. Maybe I fit into one of these categories, maybe not but I have been through too much to kiss the behinds of those who want to disrespect and lie about Christianity.
As I said earlier, I've tried nice here and it works for a few. I will always answer kindly to anyone who speaks kindly. The ones that name call and make personal attacks get whatever comes out.
As I told "godsbutterfly", Jesus had 2 different attitudes towards the people. Gentleness with those seeking and straight forward disdain for the rest. ME TOO!
Merry Christmas to you too.

Xaquin44

If this is Matthew 6 that you are speaking of, Jesus is talking about the Pharisees praying in public and acting "holy" so as to be seen. Yes, that is wrong but telling people what I've done for the community isn't a sin.
(I sooo wish that people would put that King James book away. How weird that language sounds today).

he was speaking to everyone.

edit: this is a prime example of picking and choosing from the bible.

"oh, he wasn't talking to me this time"

b.s.

Last edited:

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
he was speaking to everyone.

edit: this is a prime example of picking and choosing from the bible.

"oh, he wasn't talking to me this time"

b.s.
Read what I said closely. I said He was talking ABOUT the Pharisees. And, yes, He was talking to everyone.
And, for the bazillionth time, we don't pick & choose, we use what applies and ignore what doesn't. I'm saddened that you still can't see this.
Here is the point you consistantly fail to understand.

IT IS THEIR COUNTRY TOO!

Merry Xmas to you
Yeah, so it's ok to let criminals destroy this country if they want to because it's theirs too right?
Merry Christmas to you too.

tiltedangel

FYI, I've led more people to Christ than you can count lady friend. I don't need to know you, your ignorance of Christ's methods screams out here. No Christian criticizes another for speaking God's word but since you asked me to explain, I will. (Not everything said here is directed at you Mitzi) so here goes:

Please compare what YOU ALL have done for HEAVEN’S sake to what's written here and see who needs to be more like Christ:
While many of you are WASTING your time criticizing me for standing up for Christ, the devil is laughing at you. You’re too blind & naïve to see how he’s working THROUGH YOU. And many of you call yourselves “Christians”???
After becoming a Christian in 1989, I joined a church and started working with teenagers. I took a group of 6 and turned it into a group of 60. Have you?
Almost every night after work, over a 3 year period, I helped build a church in Waldorf so more people could have a sanctuary where they could sing & praise God while at the same time speaking against people like me. Ironic, isn’t it?
Weekly, I’m involved politically by phoning and emailing our worthless government officials when they infringe on our civil and religious rights. Are you?
I helped open a community center in Waldorf where I have dedicated every Friday night (and many Saturdays) for the last 15 years of my life to give young kids and “Christians” a safe place to hang out. Have you?
I did maintenance work FOR FREE at an elderly assisted living center in LaPlata because I saw a need there. I started a Bible study there and prevented a group of Jehovah’s Witnesses from polluting the minds of the staff & elderly there. You should have heard how I chastized them and they didn't come back. (Some of you church people would have been eaten up and spit out by them!) I bought many Bibles for the staff and residents there without reimbursement. I went to another assisted living center in Bushwood and did the same thing because I saw the need to help the elderly there. Did you?
Do you read and study the Bible every day? Do you listen to the news (not the TV news) to see what the ACLU, NARAL, NAMBLA, and the devil’s MANY other groups are doing to remove more of our freedoms from this country?
Do you host a worldwide Bible study every night to further teach people the need for God in their lives? I guarantee that you don’t! I also do this So. Md. internet forum thing almost every day as Jude 3 tells me to. I do it because many here are too blind to see the SUBTLE work of the devil. I haven't seen any of your evangelistic efforts here.
And what did you do in the early 1970’s (if you were around) when Norma McCorvey introduced Roe vs. Wade? In fact, where were all the Christians? What did they do when prayer and the Bible were taken out of public schools? What have they done to protest the removal of all Christian symbols from our government buildings and public schools? Did they just pray then hide? Well, guess where the majority of our moral problems are NOW? The government and the schools! Imagine that??!! Can you put 2 & 2 together and see why? Probably not. The devil will use any of you to speak against those of us actually doing God’s work. They said how terrible it was to make abortions legal but they did nothing. Take the Bible out of schools? How awful, they thought. Remove “under God” from the pledge and the pledge itself in some cases because we wouldn’t want to offend the foreigners. OK with you, right? So you did NOTHING!! NOW LOOK AT AMERICA! We’ve lost our identity. Kids kill kids. There's a killing everyday in DC. We’re becoming a 3rd world country. Our economy is shot. Our products are inferior. Instead of immigrants assimilating into our way of life, they use us as nothing more than a giant hotel where everyone can come and stay and change us for the worse. And they use our economy and our medical and legal system to do it!!! Our government is the most incompetent and corrupt it has ever been. Did you know that 52% of the Catholics that voted this year, voted for Obama who is pro abortion? (Whas’ up Catholics? This is against your doctrine)!!!!!! See the devil at work? And you want to speak out against what I’m doing!
I say all that to say this (and to stay on topic): When I tell you that saying anything other than Merry Christmas is disrespecting Christ and you won’t see that, it tells me that you are lost. I see the subtleties and know full well how the devil works; YOU DON’T! He whispers in your ears and tells you that I am a nut case, just ignore me or speak out against me. Little by little he chips away at our morality, religious freedoms and way of life and you enable him! I see this as another of his subtle ways of removing Christ from our nation. He will eventually turn it into the full blown removal of our freedoms in this “land of the free” and all with your help.
So, yes, not being allowed to say Merry Christmas IS a violation of our freedom of expression rights, it is censorship and it DOES bother me! Oh, by the way, the fairness doctrine aims to remove our free speech in the VERY same way. Maybe now you can see that the devil is in that too?? Nah, I’m sure you can’t see that either.
The Bible warned us but, OF COURSE, most of you don’t listen to it. It says: “blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord”. By acknowledging God we have become the most powerful & prosperous nation on earth. We’ve seen what happens to the nations that do not acknowledge Him. And now we’re quickly becoming one of those nations thanks to many of you! It is full of warnings against pushing God out and allowing foreign gods to replace Him.
There is a time to speak gently to people about God’s love, and I have, but this isn’t the time! We’re too far gone at this point. If you think I’m being harsh and unloving, it shows me that you’re never read the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke & John) to see how Jesus dealt with the Pharisees and others who refused to acknowledge His truth. I came here with a gentle spirit (read my earliest posts) but the comments of some of you caused me to turn harsh JUST AS JESUS DID, so go ahead and say I should be more like Christ (whom you know nothing about) and show the world your ignorance some more. Rant over.

Is there a psychiatrist in the house? :crazy:

Xaquin44

Read what I said closely. I said He was talking ABOUT the Pharisees. And, yes, He was talking to everyone.
And, for the bazillionth time, we don't pick & choose, we use what applies and ignore what doesn't. I'm saddened that you still can't see this.

He was talking to everyone AND instructing everyone. He was making note of who does this and adding the fact that you shouldn't either.

This is not rocket science.

Heck, this isn't even 3rd grade science.

This is you picking and choosing, and directly ignoring jesus' extremely blatant instructions.

Everyone here can see it. In theory, so can everyone up there.

Beta84

They're out to get us
While many of you are WASTING your time criticizing me for standing up for Christ, the devil is laughing at you.

So does that mean he stands up and applauds for you? I wouldn't be surprised. I'd rather this 'devil' laugh at me than like me. Have fun with that friendship of yours :yay: