I'm now a gun owner.

Vince

I want this for my next gun, but I'm definitely going to have save my pennies for it. .44 Henry rifle

Attachments

• 1860-henry-rifle-blue-24.jpg
    1860-henry-rifle-blue-24.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 75
R

RadioPatrol

AK-74me said:
Somebody line it up (a forum shoot em up) and I'll bring some of my toys for others to play with.

OK so when is a good weekend for Folks ?

:whistle:

JustynSayneBand

Foxhound said:
There's one in... Myrtle grove?... let me see... Yup Myrtle Grove, charles county. If I remember it's a $35 range fee for the year. Pretty good range last time I was there. Been years. If you all are going I might be interested in joining. Haven't been shooting in over 2 years now. I even have a Ruger single six I haven't really shot since I bought it almost 3 years ago.

The range fee per year at Myrtle Grove is $20.00.

I live a few miles from it, it's a fairly ok range, really small though. They also have a low budget trap/skeet area and a really lower budget archery range, not much draw except for a few local guys. I would suggest that you not go there without that range permit, the "green guy" who patrols the area is a real A$$.

But, at any rate $20.00 a year is pretty good, however, you don't get much, sometimes there is too much action for that small little range around particular seasons.

R

RadioPatrol

JustynSayneBand said:
The range fee per year at Myrtle Grove is $20.00.

I live a few miles from it, it's a fairly ok range, really small though. They also have a low budget trap/skeet area and a really lower budget archery range, not much draw except for a few local guys. I would suggest that you not go there without that range permit, the "green guy" who patrols the area is a real A$$.

But, at any rate $20.00 a year is pretty good, however, you don't get much, sometimes there is too much action for that small little range around particular seasons.

The las time i was there, 1991 ? I got my permit right from the guy who patrols it , has this changed, where would I get this silly ass permit ....... I can remember

1. when it was nothing more than a gravel pit 79-80 time frame
2. then sometime in the 89 I went back and there was a proper range @ that point, then sometime in the 90's MD started charging $ 15 @ that time, the part that rankled me was the DL # put on the form with address, it seemed to me like another way for MD to track Gun Owners ... yeah the're excuse is ensuring state residents not outsiders are using the range ....... although I believe your allowed a guest ?

I know this free range in Brandywine WV, but I do not see folks driving 2hrs Plus to get there ......... RT 66 to I-81, South to Harrisonburg, 33 West over the mountian coming down the other side in WV the range is on your left b4 you get to the Brandywine Campground ........

I try not to miss range time when I am out camping that way ......
http://c104.net/4x4/range/
:howdy:
http://gorp.away.com/gorp/resource/us_national_forest/va/rang_geo.htm
Brandywine Lake Recreation Area is a picturesque area featuring swimming, fishing, camping, and picnicking. Brandywine Lake is 10 acres in size and offers a sandy beach, swimming area, and changing rooms. Boats without motors are welcome beyond the swimming area. The lake offers good fishing for stocked trout and is encircled by an angler's trail. Reminder A West Virginia fishing license is required to fish in the lake. A hard surfaced trail extends from the parking lot to an accessible fishing pier on the east side of the lake. The campground has 30 campsites, each having a tent pad, picnic table, lantern post and grill. Vault and flush toilets, warm water showers, drinking water (fountains and hand pump), and a trailer dump station are available. The day use area includes 31 sites with tables, grills and drinking fountains.

Brandywine Lake is about 2 miles east of Brandywine, West Virginia, off US 33.

The West Side Shooting Range is open year round and provides shooting sites of various lengths, covered shooting benches, and a parking area. It is on FDR 151 about one mile north of the junction of FDR 151 and US 33. The turnoff is about 1 mile east of the Brandywine Lake Recreation Area entrance.

Foxhound

Finishing last
Depending on the weather I guess I would ride my cycle and just bring handguns. Then again, it's been so long I would like to shoot some of my long guns.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I'm all for a forum shoot if you know a place to shoot rifle at. Like I said before, the only place I know is Clark Bros. in Warrenton, VA which is a bit of a hike for you guys. It's about an hour for me.

Dutch6

"Fluffy world destroyer"
Bustem' Down said:
I'm all for a forum shoot if you know a place to shoot rifle at. Like I said before, the only place I know is Clark Bros. in Warrenton, VA which is a bit of a hike for you guys. It's about an hour for me.
Much too far to travel with guns in my vehicle.

R

RadioPatrol

Bustem' Down said:

I haven't been there in ages either .........

:whistle:

dustin

UAIOE
Bustem' Down said:
How heavy is that sucker? I saw some at the gun show for 110 bucks. The M31/90s were 99 bucks.

cheaperthandirt.com has some decent ammo prices for 7.62x54R

I'd like to get one but I don't shoot my .22's enough as is because I never get home in time from work. Saturdays are always full with chores... ugh... and there is a outdoor range like 20 minutes from here... 5 bucks an hour.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
dustin said:
How heavy is that sucker? I saw some at the gun show for 110 bucks. The M31/90s were 99 bucks.

cheaperthandirt.com has some decent ammo prices for 7.62x54R

I'd like to get one but I don't shoot my .22's enough as is because I never get home in time from work. Saturdays are always full with chores... ugh... and there is a outdoor range like 20 minutes from here... 5 bucks an hour.
It weighs about the same as the M-14 (the wooden model) so I'm used to carrying that :lol:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Bustem' Down said:
Well, so far, the closest range I've found to me where I can shoot it is out in Warrenton, Va at Clark Bros.
They used to have a 2/3 scale Gatling gun. Polished brass barrel shroud, walnut carrige, more polished brass on the wheel rims, and it shot .22lr cartridges.
Haven't been there in years.