I'm sorry...so sorry...please accept my apology...

Toxick

Splat
dems4me said:
couldn't it be a possibility that what they reported WAS the truth and they had to redact everything and do a huge coverup?

Buckling under pressure from the White House and the VRWC?

The though occurred to me.

I summarily dismissed it, as it appears to me to be incredibly unlikely that Newsweek would buckle under such pressure. St. Mary's Today, maybe - but not Newsweek.

D

dems4me

elaine said:
If you say so. :yay:

... it is a word, I use redacting tape all the time :biggrin:

BL, I think when they sat flushed down a toilet I don't think they are talking semantically... I think it was to be read in a literal sense... as in flushed... gone... out to sea... etc... :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
dems4me said:
... it is a word, I use redacting tape all the time :biggrin:

BL, I think when they sat flushed down a toilet I don't think they are talking semantically... I think it was to be read in a literal sense... as in flushed... gone... out to sea... etc... :lol:
Whose to say exactly what 'they' meant if they can't even get the supposed story correct in the first place.

D

dems4me

BuddyLee said:
Whose to say exactly what 'they' meant if they can't even get the supposed story correct in the first place.

I'm just saying - something smells fishy :shrug:

D

dems4me

elaine said:
I know it's a word. I just can't seem to make it work in the context you used.

You might want to give up... I do this frequently... :lol:

Bogart

elaine said:
I know it's a word. I just can't seem to make it work in the context you used.
It does not apply in this context. Redact is something you do before publication, not after.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
dems4me said:
I'm just saying - something smells fishy :shrug:
Yes. And do you know what it is? It's Newsweek printing a story that had no basis in fact, which I FIRMLY believe they did in order to incite the Muslims and thwart the war effort.

The Iraqi insurgents are not a big an enemy as our own home-grown news organizations.

Bogart

I think they should have said the Koran was "given a swirly" if they did not mean flushed down the toilet.

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
Yes. And do you know what it is? It's Newsweek printing a story that had no basis in fact, which I FIRMLY believe they did in order to incite the Muslims and thwart the war effort.

The Iraqi insurgents are not a big an enemy as our own home-grown news organizations.

:frown: But why would they do that? :frown:

D

dems4me

Bogart said:
It does not apply in this context. Redact is something you do before publication, not after.

That makes sense... I can learn alot from Elaine. Thanks! :huggy:

Bogart

dems4me said:
:frown: But why would they do that? :frown:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by vraiblonde

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / message --><!-- / message -->

D

dems4me

Bogart said:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by vraiblonde

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- / message --><!-- / message -->

I'll try again... :frown: but why would they do that? :frown:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
vraiblonde said:
No, they can't be THAT suicidal. Why would Newsweek want to incite more terrorism? The magazine is based in N.Y., which will always be high on the terrorists' target list. In fact, I suspect that since the article, the Middle East hasn't been safe for any Americans, including Newsweek reporters. I think the magazine was just mad with lust to break a ***BIG STORY***.