I'm sorry...so sorry...please accept my apology...

Bogart

Tonio said:
No, they can't be THAT suicidal. Why would Newsweek want to incite more terrorism? The magazine is based in N.Y., which will always be high on the terrorists' target list. In fact, I suspect that since the article, the Middle East hasn't been safe for any Americans, including Newsweek reporters. I think the magazine was just mad with lust to break a ***BIG STORY***.
If you put a Bible in the toilet Blame America First® would call it free speech and throw you a parade.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Bogart said:
Hillary in 2008 :yay:
That still doesn't make sense. I'm angry enough at Newsweek for its grossly irresponsible journalism. If the terrorists are incited enough, wouldn't Hillary perish along with the rest of New York or Washington?

:offtopic:, but if the terrorists really wanted to make Americans suffer, why wouldn't they target our beer refineries? :lol:

D

dems4me

Tonio said:
That still doesn't make sense. I'm angry enough at Newsweek for its grossly irresponsible journalism. If the terrorists are incited enough, wouldn't Hillary perish along with the rest of New York or Washington?

:offtopic:, but if the terrorists really wanted to make Americans suffer, why wouldn't they target our beer refineries? :lol:

I agree - kind of like the whole anthrax stuff and blaming middleeastern terrorists at the time.. it was all bs, the terrorists want to see lots of people killed AND they want to affect our financial systems... why not just put the anthrax on dollar bills and other currency, etc... that would make folks freak out, affect banks, our currency and run up credit cards, etc... :shrug:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Bogart said:
Hillary in 2008 :yay:
If terrorism increases, there's no way in hell a Democrat would be elected. The American people trust Republicans more to keep the country safe.

Bogart

Tonio said:

If they could destroy Washington or New York it would have already happened. This rumour isn't going to suddenly give them the ability to vaporize the Eastern seaboard.

Bogart

Tonio said:
If terrorism increases, there's no way in hell a Democrat would be elected. The American people trust Republicans more to keep the country safe.
Not talking about terrorism increasing, talking about making the current administration look incompetent.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Bogart said:
If they could destroy Washington or New York it would have already happened. This rumour isn't going to suddenly give them the ability to vaporize the Eastern seaboard.
True. I'm saying that crap like the Newsweek article might lead to entire nations in the Middle East declaring war against us, even our supposed friends the Saudis. Or maybe another oil embargo like in 1973.

Bogart

dems4me said:
I don't think we are communicating well today :frown:
Newsweek's agenda includes discrediting the current administration so the GOP loses the White House in 2008..

Bogart

Tonio said:
True. I'm saying that crap like the Newsweek article might lead to entire nations in the Middle East declaring war against us, even our supposed friends the Saudis. Or maybe another oil embargo like in 1973.
Over a book in a toilet? Rotsa ruck.

Toxick

Splat
dems4me said:
:banghead: why would they want to do that??? :banghead:

To make Bush (and his ubiquitous cronies) look bad.

The worse Bush looks the better the Democrats look - and the better the Democrats look, the more likely it is they will gain power in 2008, be it Hillary Cliton or JFKerry again, not to mention the House and Senate.

And thats what they want.

As for the assertion or insistance that this is a counterproductive or even suicidal tactic, I invite you (and Tonio) to look up the words Machiavellian.

Perhaps Svengalian would be even better.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Toxick said:
The worse Bush looks the better the Democrats look - and the better the Democrats look, the more likely it is they will gain power in 2008, be it Hillary Cliton or JFKerry again, not to mention the House and Senate.
I understand your point with that strategy. I think it won't work. I believe the American people don't trust the Democrats to protect them from foreign enemies, no matter what they think of Bush's record. That was a huge reason Bush was re-elected last year. Plus, right now Hillary has ZERO credibility to lead our military, partly due to her husband's draft-dodging.

Toxick

Splat
Tonio said:
I understand your point with that strategy. I think it won't work. I believe the American people don't trust the Democrats to protect them from foreign enemies, no matter what they think of Bush's record. That was a huge reason Bush was re-elected last year. Plus, right now Hillary has ZERO credibility to lead our military, partly due to her husband's draft-dodging.

You're right, it probably won't work.

No reason not to try though.

Even if they don't manage to propel their babbies into power in 2008, anything to take a whack at the military which reflects badly on Rumsfeld which reflects badly on Bush, and hey! how can that be a bad thing?

D

dems4me

Bogart said:
Newsweek's agenda includes discrediting the current administration so the GOP loses the White House in 2008..

Well maybe that's were we start to differ in opinions. I subscribe to Newsweek and have always enjoyed reading it and look forward to the Conventional Wisdom part (where they give a thumbs up or down, etc...) They make fun of democrats in the magazine too :shrug:

D

dems4me

Homesick said:
Do you find sharks to be cute and cuddly? They are meaner then Hell, and so are Democrats and the people that want them in power. They hate you, they hate me. They love only themselves.

Look, these people will sell, you, me, their own damn country to get what they want, power, power, power, money, money, money. I hope people will wake-up before it's too late.

I've never been around a shark so I couldn't say, its hard to see how mean and aggressive they are - if all you see are them on TV and showing only the clips the producer wants you to see :shrug:

Democrats don't hate... I find them to be very big-hearted and caring-for-everybody kind of people. :patriot: