Impeachment

The Boss

Ya just got to love Rudy, I mean he is always just .................giving!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rudy-giu...g-ukraine-to-investigate-biden-004152601.html

[B]Rudy Giuliani[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RudyGiuliani[/B]
FollowFollow @RudyGiuliani
More
The investigation I conducted concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption, was done solely as a defense attorney to defend my client against false charges, that kept changing as one after another were disproven.

"George Conway said"...................
This tweet by itself establishes that @realDonaldTrump committed an impeachable offense. To say that Giuliani’s and Trump’s pursuit of “Ukrainian ... corruption” was “done solely” to protect Trump’s interests establishes that Trump was not acting for the country.

This_person

Maybe if you read his testimony in a vacuum, but not with all the other info and actions.
since he was reluctant to remember this conversation that we can now stipulate happened, I think it’s a safe bet that he has more to tell. I don’t believe for a second that Sondland had this conversation based on ‘presumptions’.
So, you, too, have an opinion. Good for you li'l fella!

SamSpade

Am I to understand that an investigation into 2016 election tampering and related corruption is interpreted as an assault of Trump's political adversaries?

Why? What were they doing in 2016?

PsyOps

Pixelated
How? What pressure could schiff put on Sondland?

when and how did he become a democrat anti Trumper? The guy was one of trumps biggest donors and a trump loyalist.

You're a willing participant in Schiff's and the democrsts' lies.

Retired Army Officer Remembers Lt. Col. Vindman as Partisan Democrat Who Ridiculed America

Look, you can try to convince me all you want that this whole thing isn't a setup. You're wasting your time. Since Trump was elected, anti-Trumpers have gone after him, and every bit of it has failed. Now the Kingpin is Schiff, who is an overt liar. You go on and trust that this abject liar is conducting an honest inquiry. I choose to believe he is obsessed with getting Trump out of the White House and will pull any stunt: lie, cheat, manipulate, prop up fake witnesses, etc... After 3 years of this bull####, when do you finally say to yourself "damn I'm being duped by these people"? In my estimation........ NEVER. You want Trump gone. You're just like the rest of these lying leches, who will believe anything that satisfies that craving for destroying a duly elected president.

Midnightrider

You're a willing participant in Schiff's and the democrsts' lies.

Retired Army Officer Remembers Lt. Col. Vindman as Partisan Democrat Who Ridiculed America

Look, you can try to convince me all you want that this whole thing isn't a setup. You're wasting your time. Since Trump was elected, anti-Trumpers have gone after him, and every bit of it has failed. Now the Kingpin is Schiff, who is an overt liar. You go on and trust that this abject liar is conducting an honest inquiry. I choose to believe he is obsessed with getting Trump out of the White House and will pull any stunt: lie, cheat, manipulate, prop up fake witnesses, etc... After 3 years of this bull####, when do you finally say to yourself "damn I'm being duped by these people"? In my estimation........ NEVER. You want Trump gone. You're just like the rest of these lying leches, who will believe anything that satisfies that craving for destroying a duly elected president.

it’s interesting, and telling, that you can’t answer simple questions about your conspiracy theory.
Your claim is that schiff pressured Sondland to change his story. That relies on schiff being able to threaten Sondland with something. What is that something?
What could schiff do to Sondland if he didn’t change his story? Vtard says Adam was going to have him murdered, is that also your assertion?

PsyOps

Pixelated
it’s interesting, and telling, that you can’t answer simple questions about your conspiracy theory.
Your claim is that schiff pressured Sondland to change his story. That relies on schiff being able to threaten Sondland with something. What is that something?
What could schiff do to Sondland if he didn’t change his story? Vtard says Adam was going to have him murdered, is that also your assertion?

It's my theory. Schiff has been dishonest and shady throughout this entire process.

Chronically lying.
Holding his depositions in the dark.
Refusing to allow republicans to cross examine.
When they can cross examine, Schiff shuts them down stating they can't ask certain questions.
Only allowing republicans to view documents when a democrat is present.

I'm fail to see what part of this process you see as legitimate, and that would lead you to believe Sondland - after flipping on his original testimony - is legitimate, given all of the other shenanigans from Schiff and his ilk. Every bit of this leads me to believe Sondland is being pressured or influenced by someone; why not Schiff; since he's been the most dishonest of all?

The fact that you see one bit of this so-called "inquiry" as legitimate shows you're just another never-Trumper wishing for his removal from office. This sort of thing - holding illegitimate hearings to remove a duly elected president - really makes me sick. It's a cancer in this country that aims to undermine our constitution.

It's pretty disturbing that I'm even engaging in a debate with someone that holds these sentiments.

Hijinx

This seems pretty silly to me.
How can a defense attorney defend his client if he doesn't investigate charges against said client.?

Hijinx

1i8rmz.jpg

Nice picture, unlike Obama with his feet on the desk.

Chris0nllyn

Schiff manipulated Sondland. In the same way that Schiff had a whistleblower, and now suddenly that WB is gone. Schif is bent on getting Trump out of the WH. He has lied about everything to make that happen. My conclusion is he now has Sondland in his back pocket. And, it appears Sondland is a flaming democrat, America-bashing, anti-Trumper.

There is not one bit of this impeachment debacle that has had one shred of truth to it.

Sondland was a huge Trump campaign donor and major fan of Trump's. You think that Schiff got to him and manipulated him into revising 6 portions of his entire testimony (I'd argue that, based on the appendix he provided, he did not do a 180).

It's a shame that you folks are letting common sense go out the window in favor of a conspiracy theory with no basis on reality.

He remembers that he offered his opinion. I don’t read anywhere that he is claiming Trump told him that the investigation would have to be announced to get the funds, just that he thought that was true. He had an opinion. That's great for him, but rather meaningless to whether it would be factual.

Did he provide anything that says Trump actually told him that? Did the money get held up? Did they have to announce, on CNN, the investigation to get the funds?

Let's say his opinion was accurate. It's meaningless, but let's say it's spot on. So what? The American president wanted an investigation into what is reported - by Biden - as using the government specifically for personal gain. Whether or not Trump gains from that politically, that's really besides the point, isn't it? The crime that Trump wanted investigated (a) was already being investigated and (b) is reasonable to have investigated. There's nothing to show Biden had ANYTHING but a personal vested interest in his actions, but every bit of documentation shows Trump was withholding funds months before the reported phone call, and the funds were being withheld in what is (consistent with his actions since becoming president) designed to push other nations to pick up the slack in supporting European allies to help themselves.

That's the kind of thing a president is supposed to do. So, I'm looking for the answer....so what?

Do you read the quotes and other information provided?

Sure, one portion of the appendix was an opinion, but that was never, ever, the basis for this entire thing being brought up. If you go back, you'll see that the main point was that he "remembered" that:

You believe recalling a conversation he himself had is an opinion? I'm not understanding.
View attachment 142403

I believe this is what I typed above. That "Sondland added in an appendix to his sworn testimony that he recalls speaking with Yermak". What about that is not a matter of fact and an opinion?

This is not an opinion. This is a matter of fact that Sondland himself met with Yermak. Again, in no way shape or form is this an opinion.

The rest of your post assumes it (whatever "it" is) is an opinion. And, no, that's the WHOLE point. That Trump withheld congressionaly-approved military aid to another country in hope that other country would re-open an already-closed investigation not about Hunter Biden to make it about Hunter Biden so he could use that dirt during his upcoming 2020 campaign.

Because every day I see a Republican House member "correct" the transcripts, either adding to it or putting it in a different context. I also see other players contradicting testimony, like one of the Russian babes did today.

Prove it. Where are the corrected transcripts? Where, specifically, are they incorrect?

And I'm not talking about some Congressman going on Fox News saying "This is a witch hunt! Read the transcript! Duly elected President! Will of the people!"; I'm talking about a formal challenge to the transcript recorded by a nonpartisan stenographer (unless you've got a Breitbart article saying the stenographer is a Democrat donor/Russian spy/work for Cambridge Analytica) and part of public record that was reviewed by both Democrats and Republican members of the Committees.

And we know "some" aren't above misrepresenting what is written in front of them. Just ask shitty schiff,

No doubt that Schiff screwed that up. He should never have "characterized" the transcript in any way. Read it as it is.

But to my knowledge no one in that room when those interviews were happening has said the transcripts released are false or missing information.

Here's how. From Sondland's statement:

You want to say "tied"? Fine. But then don't forget that his tying was a PRESUMPTION. We would all be better off if presumptions (i.e., opinions) weren't presented as facts (i.e., first-hand knowledge).

--- End of line (MCP)

IMO, his opinion should not matter. I agree with that. How he felt something happened is irrelevant. However, we know what he did specifically. And I think that is being overlooked because it's easy to say "see, it's an opinion/presumption

It's my theory. Schiff has been dishonest and shady throughout this entire process.

Chronically lying. I know he made up his own Broadway play about Trump's transcript (not surprisingly, no one here has questioned the authenticity of that transcript), but I'd love to see evidence that he's "chronically" lied. It's not something that I doubt happens as everything is hyper-partisan these days and misrepresenting/lying about something (for example, Schiff's "ample evidence of Russian collusion" claim), but it's a bit strange that after years of being chronically lied to by our President, you folks suddenly care deeply about honesty.
Holding his depositions in the dark. Patently false. They were held according to House rules in Committees responsible for conducting the interviews. Almost equal Democrats and Republicans sat in those interviews and got equal time to ask questions. If they were in the dark, it's because Republicans didn't show up.
Refusing to allow republicans to cross examine. False. Again. The questions are right there in the transcripts.
When they can cross examine, Schiff shuts them down stating they can't ask certain questions. Where did this happen? I admit that I haven't read through the entirety of all the transcripts, but I'm curious where this happened specifically because context may be important.
Only allowing republicans to view documents when a democrat is present. Same as above. I hadn't heard about this. Was it a procedural thing? Got a link?

I'm fail to see what part of this process you see as legitimate, and that would lead you to believe Sondland - after flipping on his original testimony - is legitimate, given all of the other shenanigans from Schiff and his ilk. Every bit of this leads me to believe Sondland is being pressured or influenced by someone; why not Schiff; since he's been the most dishonest of all? I see no evidence that he "flipped" his testimony. He testified for hours and only changed 6 things in his Appendix. Do you believe all the other witnesses are being pressured also?

The fact that you see one bit of this so-called "inquiry" as legitimate shows you're just another never-Trumper wishing for his removal from office. This sort of thing - holding illegitimate hearings to remove a duly elected president - really makes me sick. It's a cancer in this country that aims to undermine our constitution. The House has every right to impeach a President. It's in the Constitution. The hearings are following House rules set by Republicans. You are parroting talking points.

It's pretty disturbing that I'm even engaging in a debate with someone that holds these sentiments.

Can we not make up things? You're are spreading false information.

I get that this political process is too political, but let's at least be honest about the things we say.

nutz

Ok, a little late to the discussion - there was a public meeting where the entire testimony was recorded, and in front of God and everyone?
The transcript is everything, from start to finish?
The NPR is providing links to transcripts the dems have published as publicly available testimony. How much has been redacted for your protection? :sshrug:

nutz

Remember when the media said the Mueller report confirmed Trump was guilty of being a Russian spy and colluding with them to steal the election? And sent the bots out to parrot that narrative? Even though the report said no such thing and did specifically say that Mueller found no evidence of collusion? And in their hivemind somehow that meant that Trump was guilty?

I can't possibly be the only one who's sick of this garbage. What good could we do with all the money these tards are spending trying to overturn our election?
Agreed, how do we stop it though? Call Steny and demand change?

Midnightrider

Chronically lying.
Holding his depositions in the dark.
Refusing to allow republicans to cross examine.
When they can cross examine, Schiff shuts them down stating they can't ask certain questions.
Only allowing republicans to view documents when a democrat is present.

I'm fail to see what part of this process you see as legitimate, and that would lead you to believe Sondland - after flipping on his original testimony - is legitimate, given all of the other shenanigans from Schiff and his ilk. Every bit of this leads me to believe Sondland is being pressured or influenced by someone; why not Schiff; since he's been the most dishonest of all?

The fact that you see one bit of this so-called "inquiry" as legitimate shows you're just another never-Trumper wishing for his removal from office. This sort of thing - holding illegitimate hearings to remove a duly elected president - really makes me sick. It's a cancer in this country that aims to undermine our constitution.

I get it, you have swallowed the spin that the gop has been shut out of the process. The transcripts show that’s not true, but you are entitled to your opinion.
Even if everything you say is 100% accurate, you haven’t explained what pressure schiff could possibly put on Sondland to force him to change his story. That’s the problem with your theory. Schiff can’t prosecute Sondland and the DOJ sure isn’t going to do it. So what can schiff use to pressure Sondland, a long time trump supporter and loyalist, to not just ‘lie’ but go out of his way to add a ‘lie’ to his testimony?

nutz

I get it, you have swallowed the spin that the gop has been shut out of the process. The transcripts show that’s not true, but you are entitled to your opinion.
Even if everything you say is 100% accurate, you haven’t explained what pressure schiff could possibly put on Sondland to force him to change his story. That’s the problem with your theory. Schiff can’t prosecute Sondland and the DOJ sure isn’t going to do it. So what can schiff use to pressure Sondland, a long time trump supporter and loyalist, to not just ‘lie’ but go out of his way to add a ‘lie’ to his testimony?
Sondland acknowledged that he understood, no smoking gun.

stgislander

PREMO Member
This is an interesting case study on how one's biases taints their perceptions. We have different people reading the exact same material, and get two or more (some wildly different) explanations one what the material means or proves.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This is an interesting case study on how one's biases taints their perceptions. We have different people reading the exact same material, and get two or more (some wildly different) explanations one what the material means or proves.
Did not.