Impeachment

nutz

. On the other hand, wasn't quite as successful understanding senior Air Force officers. --- End of line (MCP)
:smoochy: It’s not your fault, it was your training. The Army guys still believe the earth is flat (UTM). The Air Force guys know its not since they can see over the hill before they crest it. :lmao:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
It's not? :whack:

--- End of line (MCP)
LOL. My favorite Uncle was my fathers best friend ...they both graduated from VMI. He (my uncle) went on to be an artillery ossifer in Germany back in the 60s..said he'd mapped and scoped about every square meter of the territory to cover it with artillery. Pretty sure they considered it mostly "flat".

My father..on the other hand...found out the hard way how combustion-engined helicopters operating in the Greenland arctic can fail rather suddenly. July...1958.

The Boss

https://www.yahoo.com/news/laurence-tribe-donald-trump-impeachment-inquiry-082721518.html

Harvard Law Professor: ‘More Than Enough Evidence Now’ Against Trump

Harvard constitutional law professor Laurence Tribe on Thursday warned “the United States of America is in real danger” as he broke down the latest developments in the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.
“We’ve got a president who is willing to compromise our national security by hurting a country that is a buffer zone between an expanding Russia and the NATO alliance by undermining the Ukraine,” Tribe told CNN’s Anderson Cooper about the ongoing fallout from Trump’s July phone call with Ukraine’s President in which he requested his counterpart dig up dirt on potential Democratic 2020 rival Joe Biden allegedly in exchange for the release of military aid.
“There’s more than enough evidence now to conclude that this president has committed what the framers would have regarded as grave high crimes and misdemeanors, including one that is named in the Constitution, namely bribery,” he later added.
“I mean that’s a bribe, it’s extortion,” said Tribe. “It’s clearly an abuse of power, it’s a betrayal of trust, it’s a high crime and misdemeanor and it’s about time that we brought this all to an end.”

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
One word in the middle of all that opinion piece is "allegedly ". Until that word is replaced by "definitely" and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, this guy has as much credibility as Adam Shift telling his fairy tales. See, our laws don't work that way, as much as you lefties think they do. The court of public opinion has no bearing on guilt and innocence.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I wonder if anyone will come along and complain about your sources. Surely @vraiblonde will come along and dismiss it because it's CNN.

Either way, I understand. He made numerous comments to the quid pro quo in his original testimony and the issue appears to be that remembered that he pulled Yermak aside to say that "US aid would likely not occur" until after the public statement.

And your belief is that Schiff got to him and made him change his reply? Not Taylor's statement as he stated?

In sworn testimony, if you change your story, that's called perjury. One of his stories is a lie. You tell me... which is it? Why isn't he being charged with perjury? Well, it's obvious. He changed his story in Schiff's favor. How convenient.

With democrats running such a dishonest "inquiry" (with the biggest liar at the helm), it's hard for me to believe Sondland just came to some reality that he forgot before. Here is a text message Sondland wrote to Taylor BTW...

"The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign,"

So, we have actual record of him stating, quite adamantly, that Trump said no quid pro quo. But, his recollection (nothing that can be corroborated in documentation) is the opposite? Come on! really?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
In sworn testimony, if you change your story, that's called perjury.
Not sure about that. Perjury, in general is
18USC1621 said:
Whoever—
(1) having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true;
So if a person believed it was true when the initial statement was given, even if added to at a later time, it seems they did not commit perjury.

Hijinx

One word in the middle of all that opinion piece is "allegedly ". Until that word is replaced by "definitely" and proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, this guy has as much credibility as Adam Shift telling his fairy tales. See, our laws don't work that way, as much as you lefties think they do. The court of public opinion has no bearing on guilt and innocence.

The guy is a Harvard Constitutional Law Professor.
That's enough for me to know he is a Never-Trumper running off at the mouth.
Just another Commie destroying the minds of our youth.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Not sure about that. Perjury, in general is
So if a person believed it was true when the initial statement was given, even if added to at a later time, it seems they did not commit perjury.

So, which version does Sondland believe is true? There is a record (a tweet to Taylor) of Sondland stating that Trump said "no quid pro quo". This was his initial testimony. How is it that he didn't know that was the truth at the time, knowing full-well he's record confirming that. Then suddenly has this revelation to the contrary, where there is no record of this?

I'm not buying it.

Midnightrider

In sworn testimony, if you change your story, that's called perjury. One of his stories is a lie. You tell me... which is it? Why isn't he being charged with perjury? Well, it's obvious. He changed his story in Schiff's favor. How convenient.

With democrats running such a dishonest "inquiry" (with the biggest liar at the helm), it's hard for me to believe Sondland just came to some reality that he forgot before. Here is a text message Sondland wrote to Taylor BTW...

"The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind. The President is trying to evaluate whether Ukraine is truly going to adopt the transparency and reforms that President Zelensky promised during his campaign,"

So, we have actual record of him stating, quite adamantly, that Trump said no quid pro quo. But, his recollection (nothing that can be corroborated in documentation) is the opposite? Come on! really?
So if you are speeding all you have to do is say ‘let’s be crystal clear, we are not exceeding the speed limit’ and you aren’t speeding any more?

you still haven’t explained what pressure schiff can exert over Sondland. How could schiff compel Sondland to lie?

Midnightrider

So, which version does Sondland believe is true? There is a record (a tweet to Taylor) of Sondland stating that Trump said "no quid pro quo". This was his initial testimony. How is it that he didn't know that was the truth at the time, knowing full-well he's record confirming that. Then suddenly has this revelation to the contrary, where there is no record of this?

I'm not buying it.
No record? All of the other players have testified to the QPQ. Jennifer Williams, who was at that meeting, testified yesterday and one of pences advisors who was also at that meeting resigned effective today. The house of cards is crumbling.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Laurence Tribe spewscoffeeonmonitor A preponderance of evidence does not equal a guilty verdict. See OJ Simpson trial.

This_person

No record? All of the other players have testified to the QPQ. Jennifer Williams, who was at that meeting, testified yesterday and one of pences advisors who was also at that meeting resigned effective today. The house of cards is crumbling.
They've been able to testify that they FELT quid pro quo, not that it existed.

But, if we suggest for the purposes of discussion that the quid pro quo existed (despite all evidence to the contrary), so what?

The president asked for an investigation into what appears to be a crime committed by Biden. So, where's the issue against that?

The Boss

The guy is a Harvard Constitutional Law Professor.
That's enough for me to know he is a Never-Trumper running off at the mouth.
Just another Commie destroying the minds of our youth.
LOL, yet you would be bragging to anyone that would listen if your kid went to Harvard!

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Yeah, crumbling. Like you believed it was with the Mueller investigation :lol:

I was talking specifically about Sondland. His initial testimony, that there was no quid pro quo, was corroborated with his text to Taylor. His 180 testimony has no such corroboration.

PsyOps

Pixelated
So if you are speeding all you have to do is say ‘let’s be crystal clear, we are not exceeding the speed limit’ and you aren’t speeding any more?

you still haven’t explained what pressure schiff can exert over Sondland. How could schiff compel Sondland to lie?

I have no idea what your first sentence means.

I have explained it... several times. It's my belief, because of Schiff's overt dishonesty, that the whole thing is a dirty, rotten, stenching pack of lies. As with everything else thrown at Trump, this too will turn out to be nothing. And Schiff will pull another trick out of his barrel of tricks.

limblips

PREMO Member
I have no idea what your first sentence means.

I have explained it... several times. It's my belief, because of Schiff's overt dishonesty, that the whole thing is a dirty, rotten, stenching pack of lies. As with everything else thrown at Trump, this too will turn out to be nothing. And Schiff will pull another lie out of his barrel of delusions.

FIFY