Indigo grill

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Back on subject ... I understand that they have painted the floor blue so you think that you are sitting on water. Hmmmmmmmm! All of the booths have been removed and replaced with tables and chairs. Guess this was to stop the wait for a booth or that tables and chairs float better than booths. Also if you look around you might see some things that will remind you of the Warf ... Barf ... aaaaa Wharf and Perkins/Alices. You might even see some familiar faces.

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
Well, I'm going to give it a try tomorrow evening. Drinks, food, all-star game, plus I can literally walk there within five minutes. I'll let you know.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Hrm- Hopefully it has changed. We need a new restraunt in that area! Especially since the sleep inn is there now... and the only choices are lenny's and outback. Oh and then Aloha:barf:

pilot

Originally posted by RoseRed
Has anyone tried it yet?

I have. It's definitely authentic--reminiscent of some of the storefronts I've seen in New Jersey--run by real live Italians with accents and everything! They have quite a variety of things on the menu.

We went right after they opened and there were just a few rough edges. I should think they've been ironed out by now.

Erin

The kinks aren't worked out yet. I went there Friday for lunch with my hubby and the owner talked to us the whole time. It would have been okay being pressured to drink, but it's against doctors orders. The waitress was new and told so to each customer about 5 times. When a customer came in, the owner rang a bell and the waitress would come running out. It was a little comical.

tipsy mcgee

Always thirsty
Well, I pulled in the parking lot at Indigo last night to see what the look was and I doubt if they are opening today/tonight. Still a lot of unmoved stuff, paint cans, et cetera, laying around. And that was just what I could see from the windows. I didn't walk up to it, but it didn't look ready.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
So I wonder if they are going to put up another banner sign? Guess the way they keep changing the name it's cheaper!
See that they painted the awnings blue... goes great with the green trim and neon.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Well, no banner sign this time. Looks like the new sign will be going up today.
Word on the street is that there is problems with the "Team" and that one manager has already jumped ship. Look for a familar face to be running the place. If it is true, I am surprised that he took the position. He did a great job at one of the local conference centers and is a top notch chef. Good luck to ya!:cheers:

John Z

if you will
Chuckster, are you referring to Robert Plant?

BTW, I can't see that name without some song like "Whole Lotta Love" playing in my head. :biggrin:

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Yep the sign is up. I noticed it when I drove by.

John Z.... I am not sure but that is what a source told me the other day or hinted that it might be him. After all the years that Stephanie has worked for that man you would think that he would have some faith in her. But then again that is the way he is. I wouldn't be surprised if he put that kid that works in his office building as mananger.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by chuckster
John Z.... I am not sure but that is what a source told me the other day or hinted that it might be him. After all the years that Stephanie has worked for that man you would think that he would have some faith in her. But then again that is the way he is. I wouldn't be surprised if he put that kid that works in his office building as mananger.
I thought he left the Tavern for the new Dougherty (sp?) Conference Center by Gate One.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Originally posted by RoseRed
Didn't know that. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Looks like they are still working on the place. Don't think that it will be open today.

The guy that owns the place tried to get him to work for him years ago but Rob went to the Tavern. He then went to the conference center.
If it is him, I wish him well and good luck. He will need it!