Individual rights vs Ebola Quarintines

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So, we should be seeing waves of people infected from that one plane ride. But, we're not. Why? Or does that not matter?

lets look at this shall we

dude fly's back from Liberia - has Ebola, is not yet symptomatic .... gets sick and dies after being stateside several days exposing healthcare workers and neighbors to a lethal disease ....

doctor fly's back from Africa - from treating Ebola Patients, gets sick tested positive for Ebola

Doctors without Borders has had 16 infected, 9 have died ....

how damn hard is to simply isolate or quarantine medical personnel that come from the infected areas for 30 days ..... and Africans get a travel ban ...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
lets look at this shall we

dude fly's back from Liberia - has Ebola, is not yet symptomatic .... gets sick and dies after being stateside several days exposing healthcare workers and neighbors to a lethal disease ....

doctor fly's back from Africa - from treating Ebola Patients, gets sick tested positive for Ebola

Doctors without Borders has had 16 infected, 9 have died ....

how damn hard is to simply isolate or quarantine medical personnel that come from the infected areas for 30 days ..... and Africans get a travel ban ...

Your fears should be easy to prove; start counting the people infected in the US from that plane ride. Should be, what, by your reckoning? 70%? 50%? 25% 10%??? How damn hard is simple math? We're way past 21 days. Should be dozens of cases with 100's coming right now and 1,000's very shortly.

It's easy to put people in jail based on politics. Not hard at all. been going on for centuries.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I would just hope that health care providers of all people would know what would be the right thing to do.

Does that include things like flying several hundred miles to pick out a wedding dress then flying back before seeking medical care?

Christy

b*tch rocket
It's easy to put people in jail based on politics. Not hard at all. been going on for centuries.

Oh, for crying out loud Larry, it's not jail, and it's 21 days. :rolleyes: One would think that a medical professional who has seen what a horrific disease ebola is, would have no problem with a quarantine. God bless the individuals who put themselves out there to help these folks suffering from the outbreak in Africa, but be responsible. Don't come back and expose other's to it. It would be nice if they'd voluntarily lock themselves down for a month, but these yahoos feel the need to go socializing. It's absurd.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Oh, for crying out loud Larry, it's not jail, and it's 21 days. :rolleyes: One would think that a medical professional who has seen what a horrific disease ebola is, would have no problem with a quarantine. God bless the individuals who put themselves out there to help these folks suffering from the outbreak in Africa, but be responsible. Don't come back and expose other's to it. It would be nice if they'd voluntarily lock themselves down for a month, but these yahoos feel the need to go socializing. It's absurd.

:yay:

Chris0nllyn

More Americans have died from drone strikes than from Ebola.

Lets talk about this when things actually get bad.

Christy

b*tch rocket

I disagree completely. Consider this a practice run for when crap really hits the fan. We're fortunate that we're only dealing with an outbreak of ebola because the handling of it has been such a giant cluster ####. We need to have processes and procedures in place for ANY outbreak. It is obvious at this point that we have none.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
More Americans have died from drone strikes than from Ebola.

Sure, why be preventive when we can try to play catch up instead. It's very simple math, keep everyone who has been in an infected country quarantined until past the incubation period and you won't have to worry about accidental exposure. Waiting until "things get bad" is about the stupidest thing possible to do.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Sure, why be preventive when we can try to play catch up instead. It's very simple math, keep everyone who has been in an infected country quarantined until past the incubation period and you won't have to worry about accidental exposure. Waiting until "things get bad" is about the stupidest thing possible to do.

Indeed. :yay:

Chris0nllyn

I disagree completely. Consider this a practice run for when crap really hits the fan. We're fortunate that we're only dealing with an outbreak of ebola because the handling of it has been such a giant cluster ####. We need to have processes and procedures in place for ANY outbreak. It is obvious at this point that we have none.

Is that not what's been happening?

People who have been exposed and show symptoms are voluntarily turning themselves in for quarantine.

I simply do not believe we need to have borderline marshal law for an illness that has killed less Americans than have married Kim Kardashian.

Hijinx

I am having a bit of a problem with people who do not want to be quarantined.

Isn't the point that no one wants to spread this disease, especially not to their family.

Doesn't this nurse who is suing realiz that is for the protection of her family? They put her up free gave her TV magazines, food shelter, kept her from possibly contaminating her family.
Certainly it isn't good to be kept in isolation, and obviously she did not feel she had Ebola.. but would she rather have taken the chance gone home and contaminated her children? Maybe she needs to stop thinking about herself and make a little sacrifice for the rest of humanity. Isn't that why she went to Africa to begin with?

Chris0nllyn

Isn't the point that no one wants to spread this disease, especially not to their family.

Doesn't this nurse who is suing realiz that is for the protection of her family? They put her up free gave her TV magazines, food shelter, kept her from possibly contaminating her family.
Certainly it isn't good to be kept in isolation, and obviously she did not feel she had Ebola.. but would she rather have taken the chance gone home and contaminated her children? Maybe she needs to stop thinking about herself and make a little sacrifice for the rest of humanity. Isn't that why she went to Africa to begin with?

Are they going to pay her bills as well? Will the bill collectors give her some time considering she's sick?

Not that I disagree with these people being quarantined on a personal basis, just wondering if that's her reasoning.

terbear1225

so you are perfectly ok with being isolated in a tent with no shower or toilet, no tv, no reading materials, no human contact other than doctors including being denied access to your lawyer

terbear1225

this is more than just "not thinking she has ebola" from the article I read, she has tested negative twice

Hijinx

Are they going to pay her bills as well? Will the bill collectors give her some time considering she's sick?

Not that I disagree with these people being quarantined on a personal basis, just wondering if that's her reasoning.

Who paid her when she was treating patients in Africa?
Shouldn't they pay her while she is quarantined?
In effect she is still on duty.

Tech

so you are perfectly ok with being isolated in a tent with no shower or toilet, no tv, no reading materials, no human contact other than doctors including being denied access to your lawyer

Sounds a little like some camping trips I've been on. No TV, no reading material, how the hell did her pictures get out?

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Show me where you are guaranteed Miranda Rights while being quarantined...

Denied access to a lawyer.. that #### is funny.

Last edited: