PREMO Member
A new use, wine making.

https://foodnservice.com/instant-pot-wine/

image.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I finally broke down and ordered the Duo 60 Plus 6 quart. It should be here Sunday. :yay: Now to figure out all the accessories I will need to get after I try it a few times. :lol:

I bought no accessories, but if I did I'd buy a silicone cake pan that fits inside. We don't eat much cake so I'd probably never use it, which is why I don't have one. :nerd:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I bought no accessories, but if I did I'd buy a silicone cake pan that fits inside. We don't eat much cake so I'd probably never use it, which is why I don't have one. :nerd:

Good, because I'm now being inundated with suggestions for accessories for my Instant Pot, even though it hasn't gotten here yet. :lol:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Good, because I'm now being inundated with suggestions for accessories for my Instant Pot, even though it hasn't gotten here yet. :lol:
The egg insert is great for making eggs in the shell. I also have a stainless steel steamer basket (not the mesh one). FYI, my IP stopped working all of the sudden. While I was jumping through hoops with the company I bought a different brand because I couldn't be without one. It was cheaper (on sale) and it even came with a glass lid. Finally, weeks later I received a new base for my IP, so I'm happy. Seems something that expensive shouldn't be disposable.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We use our air fryer daily... most often times several times a day... morning noon and night. :yay:

I keep thinking we need an air fryer but our space is so limited and we don't really fry things anyway. So far I've managed to restrain myself.

I keep thinking we need an air fryer but our space is so limited and we don't really fry things anyway. So far I've managed to restrain myself.
It bakes things better than an oven and faster too so don't just think 'fry'. I make R homemade crabcakes and that is his preferred method of how they are cooked now. We use it to reheat things because it makes what we are cooking reheated and 'crisp' rather than reheated and soggy or hard which is what you get from a microwave. We have the XL size and the foot print is no larger than your instant pot.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The egg insert is great for making eggs in the shell. I also have a stainless steel steamer basket (not the mesh one). FYI, my IP stopped working all of the sudden. While I was jumping through hoops with the company I bought a different brand because I couldn't be without one. It was cheaper (on sale) and it even came with a glass lid. Finally, weeks later I received a new base for my IP, so I'm happy. Seems something that expensive shouldn't be disposable.

Thanks for the accessories tips and I will look into those after I have tried my IP out. I hope I don't have the troubles you had with yours and glad the situation is rectified now.

Instapot and and Air Fryer :yay:

We use our air fryer daily... most often times several times a day... morning noon and night. :yay:

It bakes things better than an oven and faster too so don't just think 'fry'. I make R homemade crabcakes and that is his preferred method of how they are cooked now. We use it to reheat things because it makes what we are cooking reheated and 'crisp' rather than reheated and soggy or hard which is what you get from a microwave. We have the XL size and the foot print is no larger than your instant pot.

I am definitely interested in getting an air fryer and they are cheap enough I won't feel guilty about buying it. :lol: I like the fact I can use that instead of heating up the oven just for a batch of fries for me. They have the Bella 2.6-Qt. Air Fryer for $49.99 (regularly $79.99) at BJ's and I will go check it out.

I am definitely interested in getting an air fryer and they are cheap enough I won't feel guilty about buying it. :lol: I like the fact I can use that instead of heating up the oven just for a batch of fries for me. They have the Bella 2.6-Qt. Air Fryer for $49.99 (regularly $79.99) at BJ's and I will go check it out.
I made homemade pizza dough today for homemade pizza for dinner. I just used the air fryer to "prep-cook" my veggies I'm using for toppings. I mandolin slice them, toss them in a little EVOO and seasoning then throw them in the air fryer at 370 for 10 minutes while I'm spreading and saucing the dough. It perfectly roast the veggies so they are still crisp yet not raw. Adds great flavor to the pizza.

glhs837

Power with Control

Been just using the stock trivet for eggs, got a cheapie multi pack of accessories for Xmas. Part of which was an egg stand. Doesnt support any more or less, but does lift them a couple inches in the air so they are easier to pick.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I tried out the Instant Pot yesterday and all I can say is...where have you been all my life? I decided to make pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and celery. The roast was about 2 pounds so I adjusted the cook time to 45 minutes. Seasoned the meat then seared it in the pot, dumped in the veggies, added beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, closed it up and set it to pressure cook. Oh my goodness, the roast came out so tender and the veggies perfect! :drool:

I also got some ribs, which are marinating now and will be cooking this afternoon for dinner tonight. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I tried out the Instant Pot yesterday and all I can say is...where have you been all my life? I decided to make pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and celery. The roast was about 2 pounds so I adjusted the cook time to 45 minutes. Seasoned the meat then seared it in the pot, dumped in the veggies, added beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, closed it up and set it to pressure cook. Oh my goodness, the roast came out so tender and the veggies perfect! :drool:

I also got some ribs, which are marinating now and will be cooking this afternoon for dinner tonight. :yay:

:yay:

I made beef stew with root veggies the other day. About an hour, including prepping the veggies.

glhs837

Power with Control

Make darn sure you get that membrane off the back. And expect a 4-8 minute finish under the broiler. I've just been dry-rubbing mine with COTS dry rubs....... just flipping amazing.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Make darn sure you get that membrane off the back. And expect a 4-8 minute finish under the broiler. I've just been dry-rubbing mine with COTS dry rubs....... just flipping amazing.

Yes to both of those. Been cooking long enough to know to remove the silver skin and the recipes all said finish the ribs under the broiler. :yay:

I haven't found a good commercial rub I like yet, so I make my own: a mix of cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, brown sugar, flaked salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Bought some maple sugar and I am going to try using that instead of brown sugar in the mix.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I threw mine on the grill to char them up. Basted with BBQ sauce and mmm mmm good! In fact, I might make that in the next couple of days...

glhs837

Power with Control
Yes to both of those. Been cooking long enough to know to remove the silver skin and the recipes all said finish the ribs under the broiler. :yay:

I haven't found a good commercial rub I like yet, so I make my own: a mix of cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, brown sugar, flaked salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Bought some maple sugar and I am going to try using that instead of brown sugar in the mix.

I had never really done ribs before, and reading to use a paper towel, I didn't really believe it..... til I tried it :)