Interesting...

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
RoseRed said:
Story said that even though he was convicted, the medical board is not going to revoke his license, nor does he have to register as a sex offender.

No linkie on the website yet...
WTF???? :confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This was worth a bump, in light of (former) Dr. Akthar's license being revoked.

In running down background on the Akthar story, I found a letter to the editor in the WashPost, saying what a great guy this piece of work is and how this is certainly a bogus charge.

Well, obviously the Maryland Board of Physicians didn't think so.

That made me remember the Lindemann thing and how several on here were CONVINCED that this guy was innocent. Except Elaine, who was ready to castrate him on the spot. :lol:

I'm just curious what makes people stick up for a doctor accused of fondling patients and little kids? Even if he was a terrific doctor, I know I can spot a pervert a mile away and assume most people can as well. There's just something that seems "off" about them. Does anyone really believe that you never can tell who the sickos are?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I pulled chicklet's records from his office when the news broke. Not willing to take any chances, even though there was never, ever anything even remotely inappropriate behavior.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
RoseRed said:
there was never, ever anything even remotely inappropriate behavior.
But did you ever get a weird feeling about him? Something that just wasn't right? Because I consider you a savvy person and a good judge of character, so I'm curious if he was kind of a creepo and people just ignored it or if there really was no sign of ickiness.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
But did you ever get a weird feeling about him? Something that just wasn't right? Because I consider you a savvy person and a good judge of character, so I'm curious if he was kind of a creepo and people just ignored it or if there really was no sign of ickiness.
NEVER. I was very surprised, from what I understand, it was his daughter.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Vince said:
Not to say that I have not had bad vibes from other people, and as it turned out I was dead on.

The doctor never did anything inappropriate and I never thought he would, due to his profession, but one can never know.

BuddyLee

Football addict
RoseRed said:
Not to say that I have not had bad vibes from other people, and as it turned out I was dead on.

The doctor never did anything inappropriate and I never thought he would, due to his profession, but one can never know.
Do you know how old his daughter is? One has to wonder what kind of relationship they had for her to make these allegations.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
BuddyLee said:
Do you know how old his daughter is? One has to wonder what kind of relationship they had for her to make these allegations.
Ten at the time, not sure if she has since had a birthday.

Vince

RoseRed said:

That was always a hard one for me, who do you trust where your kids are concerned, or where any kid is concerned for that matter. Too many perverts in the world. Should be some kind of pervert detector invented.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Vince said:
That was always a hard one for me, who do you trust where your kids are concerned, or where any kid is concerned for that matter. Too many perverts in the world. Should be some kind of pervert detector invented.

Just so happens that a sex offender lives right across the street from chicks day care. They had NO idea until I printed it out and pointed out the house. They have changed the way the get the kids off the bus and such. They were very thankful.

Vince

RoseRed said:
Just so happens that a sex offender lives right across the street from chicks day care. They had NO idea until I printed it out and pointed out the house. They have changed the way the get the kids off the bus and such. They were very thankful.
It's like letting a convicted child molester rent an appartment across from the local school yard. I'm surprised they let this azzhole stay there. If he's a registered sex offender, don't they watch him?
:confused:

V

Vixen

RoseRed said:

It makes me sick to read crap like this, because I KNOW somebody didn't do his or her job if the center wasn’t aware. If this is a registered sex offender, then the registry (local sheriff's office) should have made notification to the daycare center. Somebody needs to call and make a complaint. If anything, I'm sure there will be a review of all sex offender's in the area to insure proper notification has been made to potential victims.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Vince said:
It's like letting a convicted child molester rent an appartment across from the local school yard. I'm surprised they let this azzhole stay there. If he's a registered sex offender, don't they watch him?
:confused:

I have a feeling he lives with his parents, but that is not confirmed.