Internet love

itsbob

I bowl overhand
met my wife through Yahoo Personals ( back when they were free ) in 2000 dated for 5 yrs, been married for 2 now .............

back in 1998 met an English Girl through an old web site WBS.net ( WebChat Broadcasting Service ) and chatted on there and IQC ( I had a 5 digit # at one point ) for a yr she came over for a visit and went back home to finish her degree ( Maths ) ...... we still talk at least once a month ....

WBS?? No CHIT!??

I met a lot of 'virtual friends' there, and lost contact with 90% of them when they closed their doors.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Last night I was "channel surfing" and on the National Geographic Channel, or Discovery Channel, there was a program about people who were basically "Internet Obsessed." I don't know what the name of the program was because I caught it after it had started, and I didn't think to switch to the TV Guide channel to see.

Anyway, the show talked about things like people misrepresenting themselves; think "Online" by Brad Paisley. That's Country music for those that don't listen to it.
The program also talked about people they termed "shut-in's" or "socially inept."

The program also delved into the adult uses of the internet; webcams and paysites; the people that host these websites, etc., etc..

W

wkndbeacher

:lmao:Boy the things you learn about yourself. Yeah the wedding is next week but I am not sure if he is going to show...

Come on guys, give me a break already. How did this start?

Congrats Nicole :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:

PaxPrincess

and how did that work out for you.....

oh yeah, you are wondering why guys dont want anything to do with you b/c you are a single mom.........:bigwhoop:

Just because I'm a single mom doesn't mean that life is over. I still go out and have a good time once in a while. It's not like I'm going out every night, ignoring my child. If I meet someone, I meet someone. It's total BS for a guy to want to get in my pants then freak out when he finds out I already have a kid.

tommyjones

Just because I'm a single mom doesn't mean that life is over. I still go out and have a good time once in a while. It's not like I'm going out every night, ignoring my child. If I meet someone, I meet someone. It's total BS for a guy to want to get in my pants then freak out when he finds out I already have a kid.

that kid is just proof that you have poor judgement, thats why.\

not to mention he doesn't want someone elses problems. you are like a used car now. you have to find the right azz for your seat.

W

wkndbeacher

Being a single parent is hard, theres alot of sacrifices that have to be made, my hat goes off to you for that.:yay:

Novus Collectus

that kid is just proof that you have poor judgement, thats why.\

not to mention he doesn't want someone elses problems. you are like a used car now. you have to find the right azz for your seat.
What an ass!
People adopt kids all the time, a kid is not someone else' "problem" if someone accepts them as family.
Just because someone is divorced or had a failed relationship it is not proof of poor judgment, and even if it had something to do with poor judgment, who here is such a saint that they never made a mistake. We learn from our mistakes and it might mean someone had poor judgment in the past, it does not mean they still do.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
What an ass!
People adopt kids all the time, a kid is not someone else' "problem" if someone accepts them as family.
Just because someone is divorced or had a failed relationship it is not proof of poor judgment, and even if it had something to do with poor judgment, who here is such a saint that they never made a mistake. We learn from our mistakes and it might mean someone had poor judgment in the past, it does not mean they still do.

:yeahthat:

Once you get past 30 most single people you meet are divorced and/or have kids.

And kids are not "mistakes", even if the relationship with their other parent was.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?

Hi:howdy:

There are many single parents in here. The one thing you will learn that is true value in here is the ability to place people on ignore so you do not have to read their BS.

Ignore the stupid ones, they are just trying to get a rise out of you.

Welcome to the forums!