Is anyone getting tired of the almost daily accidents?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
There's a good one on Thompson Hill, car out in the middle of the field 730 this morning. Musta been flying up that hill.

3CATSAILOR

There's a good one on Thompson Hill, car out in the middle of the field 730 this morning. Musta been flying up that hill.
I don't think law enforcement has enough personnel to deal with the problem. They barely have enough to deal with it afterward. And even then from the accidents that somehow I have been first on the scene of, it took on an average of 15 minutes for police and ambulance to arrive. At least I was able to help some folks until police and EMS arrived.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Youngest got off work at 9pm and got caught in this mess. Got rerouted onto Sixes Rd which probably isn't the best with the possible icy roads but managed to get home safely around 10:30.
I noticed that they got one DUI and a fleeing and eluding during the closure.

glhs837

Power with Control
While we are upping the penalty on cell phone use, can we do something about smoking in vehicles.
While somewhat comical have you been behind a driver who has dropped hot ash in their lap, or tried to flick a butt out the window only to misfire.
The panic, particularly when their legs aren't protected.:D
They bounce back up at the bike often enough that I'm fine with punishing that.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
While we are upping the penalty on cell phone use, can we do something about smoking in vehicles.
While somewhat comical have you been behind a driver who has dropped hot ash in their lap, or tried to flick a butt out the window only to misfire.
The panic, particularly when their legs aren't protected.:D

They bounce back up at the bike often enough that I'm fine with punishing that.
Sure can. I suggest we take away all the rights of drivers who do anything besides paying absolute attention to traffic and minding their own ****ing business. :jet:

glhs837

Power with Control
Sure can. I suggest we take away all the rights of drivers who do anything besides paying absolute attention to traffic and minding their own ****ing business. :jet:

Keeping an eye on where burning sticks dropped out of a vehicle go when they bounce so they don't end up in my crotch absolutely counts as paying attention to traffic. I've had three bounce off my shin and one off my knee. .

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Keeping an eye on where burning sticks dropped out of a vehicle go when they bounce so they don't end up in my crotch absolutely counts as paying attention to traffic. I've had three bounce off my shin and one off my knee. .
Sorry about your luck, but civilized people use ashtrays. My S-10 has one from the factory that had never been used before I got it. The other 2 have aftermarket cups. I've never lost the cherry off of my cig, so I can't speak to that.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Sorry about your luck, but civilized people use ashtrays. My S-10 has one from the factory that had never been used before I got it. The other 2 have aftermarket cups. I've never lost the cherry off of my cig, so I can't speak to that.
The ashtrays and lighters in my older vehicles got a lot of use. From my mid-20's to my late 40's was burning 2 - 3 packs a day.
I tapered off, and quit completely when my dad was diagnosed with late stage lung cancer the end of August 2009.

Last edited:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The ashtrays and lighters in my older vehicles got a lot of use. From my mid-20's to my late 40's was burning 2 - 3 packs a day.
I tapered off and quit completely when my dad was diagnosed with late stage lung cancer the end of August 2009.
Never been more than a pack per day smoker myself and was weaning myself off with supplemental vaping this past summer. I was doing quite well until my world got turned upside down. I'll quit, but right now I need a vice and I already know that drinking doesn't work for me.

glhs837

Power with Control

Oh, its not the cherries, its the whole smoke bouncing around. I was a pack and an half guy for more than 30 years, til my wife said I could have a $1200 dollar upgrade for me turbo car if I quit for a month........ :)

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Oh, its not the cherries, its the whole smoke bouncing around. I was a pack and an half guy for more than 30 years, til my wife said I could have a $1200 dollar upgrade for me turbo car if I quit for a month........ :)
Great incentive! I just did some quick calculations and realized that I would be saving over $4k/year at current pricing, not to mention the health benefits. That sure would be better spent on retirement travel. The tow-behind I'm looking at is $16k. 🤔

glhs837

Power with Control
Great incentive! I just did some quick calculations and realized that I would be saving over $4k/year at current pricing, not to mention the health benefits. That sure would be better spent on retirement travel. The tow-behind I'm looking at is $16k. 🤔
That was in 2003 we made that deal

sunshine98

If the two drivers were ok enough to start scrapping, why did they need to be flown out??? Does St. Mary's no longer treat anything more serious than a hangnail?

3CATSAILOR

If the two drivers were ok enough to start scrapping, why did they need to be flown out??? Does St. Mary's no longer treat anything more serious than a hangnail?

SMH knows how to take a Gallbladder out and some other things. Anything more serious is flown out.

OldHillcrestGuy

They werent MedStar helo's. MSP Trooper's 2 and 7. They are free. Sometimes it depends on the amount of intrusion of the vehicles involved. I think its the truck that had a huge amount of impact in the crash. These local hospitals, St Mary's and Charles Reg. really dont like the more serious injuries. Broken leg will sometimes get you a flyout.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
They werent MedStar helo's. MSP Trooper's 2 and 7. They are free. Sometimes it depends on the amount of intrusion of the vehicles involved. I think its the truck that had a huge amount of impact in the crash. These local hospitals, St Mary's and Charles Reg. really dont like the more serious injuries. Broken leg will sometimes get you a flyout.
Medstar wants to be the McDonalds of Medicine?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
SMH knows how to take a Gallbladder out and some other things. Anything more serious is flown out.
Tis why my primary care doc got me into the UMD Med Center in Baltimore when I had bad liver numbers and a CT showed a shadow on my pancreas. 2 February will make 8 years, 8 months post surgery, still no signs of cancer related disease.