Is anyone getting tired of the almost daily accidents?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Until we demand that phone distraction be punished like DUI and carry the same social opprobrium. People Against Distracted Idiots, although the diving folks might fight us for PADI.
I did not see a reference to him being on his phone in the article.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
What do you tell the people who have had their house hit by a car twice now on Forrest Park Road?
0d7ead3a73238862a986b30fdb0a19fb.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
I did not see a reference to him being on his phone in the article.

It did not, but these days when someone drives across the double yellow or off the road in clear dry conditions, that's my assumption. Based on the amount of people I see on them in traffic. Especially when I'm on the bike. And when you follow them they show all the classic signs of DUI.

What do you tell the people who have had their house hit by a car twice now on Forrest Park Road?

Move, that's what I would tell them. Both crashes from the same direction, later at night. 11pm and 230am. Drunk or asleep at the wheel. I would say boulders, but the speeds I think are involved, odds are they just get airborne.

3CATSAILOR

WHEN DO PEOPLE LEARN?

I wonder what caused this?

On Monday, January 15, 2024, at approximately 12:45 a.m., police, fire and rescue personnel responded to the area of the Chaptico Park located at 26600 Budds Creek Road in Mechanicsville, for the serious motor vehicle collision with one vehicle overturned and possible entrapment.

13 volunteers from Mechanicsville and 6 from Seventh District responded to the scene and found a single vehicle overturned in the roadway with one female patient trapped.

Firefighters removed the drivers door and extricated the patient in under 10 minutes.

EMS requested a helicopter due to the victims injuries.

Maryland State Police Helicopter Trooper 7 landed at the scene and transported the 19-year-old female to an area trauma center with serious injuries.

Preliminary investigation found the vehicle was travelling Southbound on Budds Creek Road when the vehicle left the right shoulder for unknown reasons and struck a guardrail, flipping the vehicle which then slid nearly 200 feet while on its roof.

Troopers from the Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack responded and are investigating the collision.

Updates will be provided when they become available

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Are you talking about the guy that was asking for help with donations so he could get his house fixed?
He now has a brand new corvette sitting in the driveway. Most of the time he parks at the unoccupied house next door, under the carport.

PeoplesElbow

Are you talking about the guy that was asking for help with donations so he could get his house fixed?
He now has a brand new corvette sitting in the driveway. Most of the time he parks at the unoccupied house next door, under the carport.
No idea, the only one I talked to was a woman. She said the one guy didn't have enough insurance to cover fixing their house. I go through in the morning and it's still dark, gate 3 isn't open any other time.

BernieP

Resident PIA
While we are upping the penalty on cell phone use, can we do something about smoking in vehicles.
While somewhat comical have you been behind a driver who has dropped hot ash in their lap, or tried to flick a butt out the window only to misfire.
The panic, particularly when their legs aren't protected.:D