Is anyone worried about this Bird Flu pandemic that's going to kill us all?

dustin

UAIOE
I'd say we have a better chance of being attacked by terrorists with a dirty bomb than having a bird flu outbreak.

Bird flu pandemic, IMO, is possible but not probable. If it does happen we are all dead as door nails.

W

Wenchy

dustin said:
I'd say we have a better chance of being attacked by terrorists with a dirty bomb than having a bird flu outbreak.

Bird flu pandemic, IMO, is possible but not probable. If it does happen we are all dead as door nails.

I agree, but it's scary how our government is already making plans.

Fritos and beer...:otter:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I think it's over-rated. Some panic-mongers got together (birds of a feather flock together) and gave everybody something to squawk about. But you won't hear a peep out of me!

Toxick

Splat
dustin said:

What, exactly, is the mortality rate on the Bird Flu?

Listening to people talk, it's like airborne cancer, AIDS, malaria and crotch-rot all in one.

W

Wenchy

Toxick said:

Listening to people talk, it's like airborne cancer, AIDS, malaria and crotch-rot all in one.

No stats, and I hope there are never any.

This is the first possible case of the virus mutating, and human to human transmission (air-borne) and our country is not prepared for it. I'll blame it on the media for now, but will still stock up on non-perishables at the grocery store.

Our borders are secure. :sarcasm:

W

Wenchy

Toxick said:

Killer rate:

During the last century there have been three serious flu outbreaks.

The first in 1918, dubbed the Spanish flu, killed up to 50 million across the world.

Asian flu hit in 1957, followed by Hong Kong flu in 1968, which claimed one million victims each.

Although H5N1 has only killed 42 people so far in comparison, its death to infection rate is 76%.