Is this strange...or what?

O

oldnavy

Fubar said:
Will she pay for the premiums out of the alimony $ you send her...
Do you live a "risky" lifestyle-motorcycle, smoke (sorry vrai), bad genes, etc..
Maybe she's thinking you won't live very long!

I guess that's how she would pay. She has no income of her own.
No, I don't own a motorcycle (wish i did), don't smoke, 44 years old, very healthy, good genes, etc, etc. Unless I'm killed in a car accident or something, I'll long outlive the ex. She's a mess.

O

oldnavy

Chasey_Lane said:
Why? Not everyone needs or wants to work.

Nope, not when they are pulling down $34,200.00 a year from someone else.

O

oldnavy

Chain729 said:
She does have a valid point though, that I didn't think about. In the situation that she described, that woman would be screwed because of her marriage to him. They agreed that the woman wouldn't work while they were married. Looking at the age, she'll be working til she's dead, unless she remarries, because it's impossible at that point- no matter how hard you work- to save for retirement.

Not so in my case, she worked for years. Perfectly able to do so. Oh, and when her mom passes (which will be soon), she'll get a butt ton of money from that.

Hmmm, maybe I should ask if it's okay that I take out a policy on the Ex-MIL. :lmao:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
oldnavy said:
The point that you're missing is that there was no agreement for her to stay at home.
I think you missed the point that I was just expressing a "scenario." Sorry if it came across as yours.

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
oldnavy said:
Not so in my case, she worked for years. Perfectly able to do so. Oh, and when her mom passes (which will be soon), she'll get a butt ton of money from that.

Hmmm, maybe I should ask if it's okay that I take out a policy on the Ex-MIL. :lmao:

That was for the situation Wenchy described. In the one you described, see post #50.