It's not you It's me.......

Is that excuse always BS?

• I have used that excuse because I didn't want to hurt the poor bastards feeling

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I have used that excuse and I really meant it.

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Beta84

They're out to get us
Well, that was definitely her, not you. Well, unless she was trying to blame you for her mental issues, then it WAS you. :killingme
nope, she blamed an ex and it was pretty legit i think cuz he was really screwin w/ her head in some bad ways!

I told that you that story in confidence, mojo. :frown:
you were dating a chick? :hot:

Well, you guys have "I'm just not that into you"...so we have, "It's not you, its me."

What's the problem?
"I'm just not that into you" = You're ok, but I don't want to continue pursuing this. Bye!
"It's not you, it's me" = I'm having some issues and they have nothing to do with you. A guy could easily think that these issues are temporary, since obviously she plans on dating SOMEONE at some point in the future. So why not that next someone be him, once she gets her crap together?

HUGE difference.

4d2008

and the greatest line ever.

I think we should take a break and see other people..

Meaning, Ive been banging this other guy for the past 2 months and I like him more then you now.. SEE YA!

K

kris31280

"I'm just not that into you" = You're ok, but I don't want to continue pursuing this. Bye!
"It's not you, it's me" = I'm having some issues and they have nothing to do with you. A guy could easily think that these issues are temporary, since obviously she plans on dating SOMEONE at some point in the future. So why not that next someone be him, once she gets her crap together?

HUGE difference.
Women, by nature, are not usually mean to guys... which is why we're probably so catty with eachother.

"It's not you, it's me..." is an easier way for us to say "I just don't think this is gonna work out despite you being a pretty ok guy." It's the equivelent of saying "The chemistry's just not there." But if a chick whips that at you, you look at us like we've got 3 heads.

Never ever when a girl says "It's not you, it's me..." is she saying, "Let me work on some issues and we'll hook up later." If a chick ever lets you off with that condition, what she's really saying is "You're a catch... but you're not my catch... so I'm releasing you but want to keep this as friendly as possible because I genuinely respect you." NEVER does that mean "Yeah, we'll get back together at a later time."

kvj21075

Meow
nope, she blamed an ex and it was pretty legit i think cuz he was really screwin w/ her head in some bad ways!

you were dating a chick? :hot:

HUGE difference.
when i say "its not you, its me" kinda means the same thing as "im just not that into you" to me. like i said "its not you" means u could be a great guy, "its me" means "im not into you, not your fault, i just dont want you"

kvj21075

Meow
If a chick ever lets you off with that condition, what she's really saying is "You're a catch... but you're not my catch... so I'm releasing you but want to keep this as friendly as possible because I genuinely respect you." NEVER does that mean "Yeah, we'll get back together at a later time."

:jameo: crap! we agree on something! :jameo:

H

HouseCat

See, if everybody was just honest and told it like it is, we wouldn't have all this confusion and wasting of each other's time.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Women, by nature, are not usually mean to guys... which is why we're probably so catty with eachother.

"It's not you, it's me..." is an easier way for us to say "I just don't think this is gonna work out despite you being a pretty ok guy." It's the equivelent of saying "The chemistry's just not there." But if a chick whips that at you, you look at us like we've got 3 heads.

Never ever when a girl says "It's not you, it's me..." is she saying, "Let me work on some issues and we'll hook up later." If a chick ever lets you off with that condition, what she's really saying is "You're a catch... but you're not my catch... so I'm releasing you but want to keep this as friendly as possible because I genuinely respect you." NEVER does that mean "Yeah, we'll get back together at a later time."

I've seen women actually mean she's got issues to work out. I've seen hookups happen later. It's not often, but it happens. It doesn't mean the same thing for all of you cuz you're all insane in your own special ways :huggy:

4d2008

I've seen women actually mean she's got issues to work out. I've seen hookups happen later. It's not often, but it happens. It doesn't mean the same thing for all of you cuz you're all insane in your own special ways :huggy:
:clap:

K

kris31280

:buttkick: Those are EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE!!! Have you not seen "He's Just Not That Into You"?!?!?!?

If girls listened to all the EXCEPTIONS to the rule, then they'd all be walking around head in the clouds and expecting the happy ending when in reality the happy ending is more of a fluke than anything.

Sure... I know a couple who broke up due to distance, and within 2 weeks the guy came flying back to where the girl was, told her he couldn't live without her, and she moved back to Oklahoma with him while he finished school. They're still together 30 years later.

Sure... I know a couple where the girl broke it off with him because he wouldn't make a commitment, and 3 months later after feeling so depressed she wanted to die and drinking herself in to nightly stupors, he walked in to "her" bar one night. She fled in fear and shame, and then decided that enough was enough, so feeling 10 feet tall and bullet proof she went back and got in his face to find out why he didn't even have the common decency to care when she'd tried so hard to give him everything he ever wanted and he caved and said he was scared, and now they're engaged, planning a wedding.

Sure... I know a couple that started messing around and the guy was way more in to it than the girl was, because the girl knew far too much about the guy to trust his actions... but the guy continued to fight for her and wear her defenses down until she finally realized that he just might be the one for her.

EXCEPTIONS to the rules... not the rule. It's awesome for people to have those amazing stories to tell... but EXCEPTIONS to the rule is what they are.

H

HouseCat

Yah, well, being normal is boring. :dance:

Mojo

I was doing the "Stanky Leg" on the dancefloor at Dew Drop and the next day my girlfriend sent me a text message saying that "it wasn't me it was her" :ohwell:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I was doing the "Stanky Leg" on the dancefloor at Dew Drop and the next day my girlfriend sent me a text message saying that "it wasn't me it was her" :ohwell:

That is NOT what that text said. It said, "It wasn't you, it was the floor". :rolleyes:

LordStanley

I know nothing
The "its not you, its me" is code for "Ive been screwing your friend behind your back and want to start dating him now"

At least thats what happened to me

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I'm not reading through all this. As the former "Break-up Queen USA" I'll share my insight, :lol:.... It's the biggest load of crap that comes out of anyone's mouth. While we all may partly be aware of our own issues not one of us is either fully aware or disturbed enough by them to change them. That's factual information; if your flaws were that bad to "you" then you would change. People change all the time when they're ready and/or want to. People who don't aren't ready to accept that their issues are all that bad. The line "it's not you, it's me" really means "there's something about you that doesn't fit right with me". The other person could be "perfect" in the eyes of the world but to the dumper there is a flaw in that person that just doesn't mesh with their plans. It doesn't mean that there's something worng with the dumpee in general, just to the dumper. As Vrai always says, there's a butt for every seat. Two people don't have to be perfect or even normal to be together but they have to mesh the right way together.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
:buttkick: Those are EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE!!! Have you not seen "He's Just Not That Into You"?!?!?!?

If girls listened to all the EXCEPTIONS to the rule, then they'd all be walking around head in the clouds and expecting the happy ending when in reality the happy ending is more of a fluke than anything.

Sure... I know a couple who broke up due to distance, and within 2 weeks the guy came flying back to where the girl was, told her he couldn't live without her, and she moved back to Oklahoma with him while he finished school. They're still together 30 years later.

Sure... I know a couple where the girl broke it off with him because he wouldn't make a commitment, and 3 months later after feeling so depressed she wanted to die and drinking herself in to nightly stupors, he walked in to "her" bar one night. She fled in fear and shame, and then decided that enough was enough, so feeling 10 feet tall and bullet proof she went back and got in his face to find out why he didn't even have the common decency to care when she'd tried so hard to give him everything he ever wanted and he caved and said he was scared, and now they're engaged, planning a wedding.

Sure... I know a couple that started messing around and the guy was way more in to it than the girl was, because the girl knew far too much about the guy to trust his actions... but the guy continued to fight for her and wear her defenses down until she finally realized that he just might be the one for her.

EXCEPTIONS to the rules... not the rule. It's awesome for people to have those amazing stories to tell... but EXCEPTIONS to the rule is what they are.

:lmao: :love: