I've been infected!

mamatutu

mama to two
Bummer.... my heart goes out to you....

I had Lyme for a long time before it got diagnosed. I would be walking along a flat surface and boom fall right on my nose.... put my tooth through my chin the last time it happened.... my arms didn't even begin to go out to stop the fall....

My brain stopped talking to my body at times.... headaches awefull never ending headaches .... body aches .... wierd pains .... spots in front of my eyes.... and OMG I was so so so tired all the time.... the list went on and on and on.... my heart even started to beat when it wanted to!

After months and months on Doxy and a year on the central line.... I finally got back to myself.... We figure I must have gotten infected years and years before I started to really exerience the symptoms.... Lyme will absolutely kill you if it's not diagnosed....

Good luck to you... now that Dr. Cafferty is no longer practicing... I don't know who to send you to see.... He saved my life... and probably a good number more.... He was courageous.... I miss him dearly...

Becky

Why is Dr. Cafferty no longer practicing? He was my childrens' doc when he was with Dr. Nasr in Calvert, but when he moved to St. Mary's they started seeing Dr. Nasr because it wasn't convenient for us to go across the bridge. He is a pretty laid back doc dude. We liked him alot.

I am glad you are doing much better now, coffee. That's good news. I also hope that everyone on this thread that has dealt with lyme disease does well. There is a lyme shot for dogs, so why isn't there one for humans?

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Why is Dr. Cafferty no longer practicing? He was my childrens' doc when he was with Dr. Nasr in Calvert, but when he moved to St. Mary's they started seeing Dr. Nasr because it wasn't convenient for us to go across the bridge. He is a pretty laid back doc dude. We liked him alot.

I am glad you are doing much better now, coffee. That's good news. I also hope that everyone on this thread that has dealt with lyme disease does well. There is a lyme shot for dogs, so why isn't there one for humans?

There was a shot for humans.... It was a series of three... and it was pulled from the market for "reasons i was never told"... before most of the people got the thrid shot.

I had two of the shots... and when I told the dr about it... he cringed and shook his head. :jameo:

as far as the shot for dogs..... dont bank on it working... I have seen too many dogs WITH THE SHOT.... get Lyme.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I just picked a tick off my scalp. Yuck! Now I feel all squirmy like ticks are on me.

I get like that too when I find one. Last one left a bruise on my arm.

I am so happy the horses eat the grass and keep it down. I even let them eat all the grass around the house. BUT I still have ticks and ants that fall out of the trees. I think when I get my hammock I'll get one that has an overhead cover so I won't have bugs dropping onto me while snooze.

ginwoman

There was a shot for humans.... It was a series of three... and it was pulled from the market for "reasons i was never told"... before most of the people got the thrid shot.

I had two of the shots... and when I told the dr about it... he cringed and shook his head. :jameo:

as far as the shot for dogs..... dont bank on it working... I have seen too many dogs WITH THE SHOT.... get Lyme.

I'm not sure but I think the shot for humans was for AFTER the patient had Lyme. The one for dogs is to prevent it. But, when my dog got his first Lyme several months ago it sored him up so bad it was scary. I did not let him have the 2nd shot.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I'm not sure but I think the shot for humans was for AFTER the patient had Lyme. The one for dogs is to prevent it. But, when my dog got his first Lyme several months ago it sored him up so bad it was scary. I did not let him have the 2nd shot.

nope.... it was offered to everyone where I work.... most people that worked outside signed up... and we were told after the second shot ..it was pulled off the market :faint:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

oh... and for dogs...

there is a big diffence between makers of the shots..... and it "should" help kill the bactiria .... right!!