Jan 6 Prime Time

SamSpade

I can’t vote republican because you are fixated on drag shows, grooming, CRT, Obamacare, etc,

Fix the real problems affecting our country! Why didn’t that multimillion $$ police force in Texas save those kids?? The whole place is corrupt and a senior citizen on a gold toilet ain’t fixing it.

I do think that CRT (AND education AND teacher's unions and the entire Democratic platform regarding education) and Obamacare (and the costs, restrictions, conditions and the constant push for the government to control healthcare) ARE important.

I have no idea why you think drag shows and grooming are at the forefront of issues with the Republican party. I don't think I've ever seen a poll listing those of primary importance to Republicans. The only reason I can think that it remains in the news is that Democrats for some elusive reason insist on defending it.

But - are you actially trying to place the blame of the deaths of those children - not on the SHOOTER - not on the ineptitude of a small town police department - a town much smaller that any in St Mary's County, in a county MUCH smaller than St Mary's - you're trying to drop it all at the feet of Republicans?

And THAT is why you can't vote Republican in November?

Bluecrqbe

I do think that CRT (AND education AND teacher's unions and the entire Democratic platform regarding education) and Obamacare (and the costs, restrictions, conditions and the constant push for the government to control healthcare) ARE important.

I have no idea why you think drag shows and grooming are at the forefront of issues with the Republican party. I don't think I've ever seen a poll listing those of primary importance to Republicans. The only reason I can think that it remains in the news is that Democrats for some elusive reason insist on defending it.

But - are you actially trying to place the blame of the deaths of those children - not on the SHOOTER - not on the ineptitude of a small town police department - a town much smaller that any in St Mary's County, in a county MUCH smaller than St Mary's - you're trying to drop it all at the feet of Republicans?

And THAT is why you can't vote Republican in November?
I’m just b*tching about the news cycle. I see tons of posts on here about pedophile rings, child trafficking, all sorts of bizarre conspiracy theories, but then crickets when 19 kids are slaughtered at school.

That’s when I realize you folks are unserious.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I’m just b*tching about the news cycle. I see tons of posts on here about pedophile rings, child trafficking, all sorts of bizarre conspiracy theories, but then crickets when 19 kids are slaughtered at school.

Why?

Do you want to pump them up the ### first?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

BS! There is quite a bit about that school shooting on here. Just because it isn't wrapped about our every thought doesn't mean that "you folks" aren't serious.

Like you, most of us do not know what the solution is. What is claimed to be known about the event isn't really known because there seems to be new information coming out daily, if not hourly. Beyond that what I do know is that you can make all the laws you want, but when someone with evil intent sets about to do evil there is usually little that can be done to thwart it.

SamSpade

You don't see anything about Uvalde and related topics?

And you are of course, equating what a handful of people on an obscure web forum to - all conservatives (since many on here are NOT Republicans, myself included).

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

We talk about a whole gamut of things here, not every topic is going to serious, some may be downright ludicrous, but that's the way we like it. If it's not your cup of tea, leave. No one is forcing you to stay, in fact I know of quite a few who.... well we'll leave it at that. You say crickets on the Uvalde shooting, There's at least 4 different threads on the topic, so your complaint is "unserious".

SamSpade

Like you, most of us do not know what the solution is.

Indeed. One of the reasons no one can take the Democratic position seriously is - it's always the same answer, and it's clearly been shown NOT to work. Draconian anti-gun legislation has not been shown to work in cities like Chicago or DC. Gutfeld has been saying this a lot lately - they only have one solution. The same one. Repeatedly.

What's more is, they always want to go first after "assault weapons" even though they are rarely used in gun homicide (as a portion of all gun homicides). They do that, because - they're scary looking to the non-gun person.

For "root causes" - maybe someone needs to ask why there are KIDS wanting to shoot other kids? When I was in high school, my Dad and I lived in a house with a man who had a room floor to ceiling filled with guns. I never once had the idea to take them to school and kill anyone, even as miserable as I was back then. It simply didn't cross my mind.

The prevalence of guns does not explain why kids want to KILL other kids. Where I lived in Massachusetts, there were knifings weekly at the local high school. Ban kitchen knives? Our problems run deeper than this.

I'll repeat the old observation that, if lots of guns means more murder, why isn't it true in other nations with high gun ownership? Nations like Canada, Switzerland, Italy and France have rather large gun ownership - but not high gun crime.

Bluecrqbe

Folks, my point here is that more money to the cops isn’t a solution in my mind. I don’t know what the solution is, but shoveling more tax payer money to put more cops in schools isn’t the best idea.

Get them in the streets doing patrols, more traffic stops, asking folks what they’re up to, that should help with the general spike in crime, but more cops in schools probably won’t stop these types of events.

Clem72

You don't see anything about Uvalde and related topics?

And you are of course, equating what a handful of people on an obscure web forum to - all conservatives (since many on here are NOT Republicans, myself included).

Sam, are you seriously going to tell me you voted for anyone other than the Republican ticket for president in the last 6 election cycles?

SamSpade

Sam, are you seriously going to tell me you voted for anyone other than the Republican ticket for president in the last 6 election cycles?
I WAS registered as a Democrat - but I dropped it last year. I am not registered with any party.

I noticed - six - so that limits me. I did vote twice for Perot, and chose not to vote for Reagan or Bush. (I didn't go twice, and wrote in Nixon in 80, as a protest vote)

That leaves only Bush, McCain, Romney and Trump - and yes, I voted for them. But I've been a voter for 44 years.

DOWN ticket, I have often voted Democrat. I base it entirely on performance, especially at the local level. When you live in a Democratic state, your best bet is to vote for the best Democrat in the primary.

I used to characterize myself as a Blue Dog Democrat - conservative, but more willing to vote Democrat. Up until the 90's, it seemed to me that Democrats were more willing to break the mold and try a new approach if the old one wasn't working. Sadly, the Blue Dogs are almost all gone.

It's clear enough to me now that NO ONE wants to change anything. It is mostly a blame game, and reactionary politics. Plug the leak, but don't waste time fixing it, and make sure the other guy is blamed for it.

TPD

the poor dad
Folks, my point here is that more money to the cops isn’t a solution in my mind. I don’t know what the solution is, but shoveling more tax payer money to put more cops in schools isn’t the best idea.

Get them in the streets doing patrols, more traffic stops, asking folks what they’re up to, that should help with the general spike in crime, but more cops in schools probably won’t stop these types of events.
I don't like to admit it, but I do agree with you on this point. More cops in schools is not the answer. Cops in schools in general is not the answer.

SamSpade

I don't like to admit it, but I do agree with you on this point. More cops in schools is not the answer. Cops in schools in general is not the answer.

Saw something online that I thought was a good idea.

Encourage local law enforcement to complete their paperwork at a local school. The school doesn't pay them, and their presence there could lower the crime.

One of the problems - among many - is that in school shootings, the cops just simply arrive too late. In the Uvalde case, the kid had already shot and shot AT people NEAR the school before he entered.

We have any number of places in the country where we do have law enforcement present, when there wasn't any previously.

Agreed that putting a cop in every school is probably wasting money, since it is a huge undertaking and cost, to prevent something that is costly WHEN it happens, but otherwise happens all too few times.

UNLIKE, however, a natural disaster such as a fire or a hurricane or even an earthquake - there's very little means of predicting when these will occur.

Reactions: TPD

Clem72

I noticed - six - so that limits me. I did vote twice for Perot, and chose not to vote for Reagan or Bush. (I didn't go twice, and wrote in Nixon in 80, as a protest vote)

That leaves only Bush, McCain, Romney and Trump - and yes, I voted for them. But I've been a voter for 44 years.
That was my intent, going back further and society was significantly different than it is today and my point was that you were claiming not to be a Republican (as if to distance yourself from current "Republican" ideals) but I suspected you voted for them to run the country.

I also voted for Perot, even had my one and only ever bumper sticker supporting him (I never even put the AAA stickers on my vehicles).

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Then why are you commenting about Trump being toast in a 1/6 thread, there are several threads dedicated to school shootings.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I don't know that I agree here. I think cops in schools can be a good thing, but they have to be the right ones. Some cops try to be intimidating, they should probably be the ones serving warrants or such. Others are more likely to be the ones that give a kid a nudge when they start straying, the mentoring, coaching type, these should be the ones as SRO's. Barring that maybe the right idea is to instead have the police substation in he school instead of a separate building.

Bluecrqbe

As I had been saying all along, there is a police coverup, even the mayor says it now!