Jarboe Sounds Off! Renegade ATV Offenders...

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by dustin
I hate it as much as any other and it really sucks that a few bad apples have to ruin it for the rest of us, but that's how it is now.

Well it really is retarded....no one is going to beable to do anything. And there isnt going to be any land left to even ride on because it is being taken over by homes and townhouses.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
CowGirlUp

I don't understand why you are even complaining. You and your/my families own plenty of land to ride on. What difference does it make to you? I'm not trying to be snotty, I just don't understand why you are concerned about it...

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by cariblue
Might I suggest that you quickly buy up the property in your surrounding area so that you won't have to deal with this? Since most of the property that is being sold to the builders belongs to locals, you may want to take your problem up with them....just another outlet for you anger over not being able to let your kids terrorize their neighbors.

When I do have kids I do not want them to terrorize their nieghbors...I will just my best to teach them other wise.

My family has bought 136 acres of water front in my "surrounding area"...that will NOT be sold to these big wigs who want to come down here and build everything up. And may I add that we cant even build 4 homes for myself, my sister, my grandfather and my parents...due to sewage line hook ups. But they can build 300 town homes 2 minutes away from our property.

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by CowGirlUp
Well it really is retarded....no one is going to beable to do anything. And there isnt going to be any land left to even ride on because it is being taken over by homes and townhouses.

I havent been up to the ATV park yet in Budd's Creek, but I do know that these places are all over priced. Every motocross and ATV park I've been to is. Some of it has to do with the outrageous prices of insurance. I'm sure that a good majority of people who are used to riding in some of the "questionable" locations may not have the funds to take a trip up there every weekend to ride. I know I wouldnt. That's a big chunk of change. Plus some of these folks may not have the means to get the vehicles up to the track either. Guess you could say it's just not practical for some people to spend the time and money to get their vehicles to a track while they could just ride a few blocks away to get to some trails.

Maybe if riders would register their offroad vehicle we could get some kind of MD price discount at the tracks . I'm sure the cost to the state would be considerably less than paying for extra police forces to "crack down on outlaw ATV's". Just an idea.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
Originally posted by dustin
I havent been up to the ATV park yet in Budd's Creek, but I do know that these places are all over priced. Every motocross and ATV park I've been to is. Some of it has to do with the outrageous prices of insurance. I'm sure that a good majority of people who are used to riding in some of the "questionable" locations may not have the funds to take a trip up there every weekend to ride. I know I wouldnt. That's a big chunk of change. Plus some of these folks may not have the means to get the vehicles up to the track either. Guess you could say it's just not practical for some people to spend the time and money to get their vehicles to a track while they could just ride a few blocks away to get to some trails.

Maybe if riders would register their offroad vehicle we could get some kind of MD price discount at the tracks . I'm sure the cost to the state would be considerably less than paying for extra police forces to "crack down on outlaw ATV's". Just an idea.
I think the ATV park in Budds Creek is like $100 yearly membership, plus a fee of $25 to $45 per visit. It's been a while since I've heard anything about it, but I think this was the deal last time someone was telling me about it.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Re: CowGirlUp

Originally posted by Ehesef
I don't understand why you are even complaining. You and your/my families own plenty of land to ride on. What difference does it make to you? I'm not trying to be snotty, I just don't understand why you are concerned about it...

I have explain this to you plenty....

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
I preach about the change in this county all time!! You must not of been listening...but when do you listen to me?? lOl
THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHANGES IN THE COUNTY
It's about ATV's and people not following the law. You don't ride on other people's propert without permission. If you have no where to ride, don't get an ATV, simple as that. You have plenty of places to ride CGU, therefore this thread shouldn't concern you, as far as I can see.

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by *archimedes*
How much does an ATV cost?

Couple grand for a decent used one. And if these "outlaws" are riding their daddies hunting ATV. Nothing to them. Just because you see them on one doesnt mean they own it.

tater

Because of all of this (and my 2 weeks in the hospital after lawn-darting my dirtbike:twitch:), is why I'm gonna do the jet ski thing. Still fun as he//, and there is nothing but water round here, so finding a place to ride is easy :wink:. And...... all you have to worry about is other drunken boaters ripping through you PWC while they're reaching for yet another 10 oz :biggrin:

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by Barbra

I am not being snotty. I live on a private road. PRIVATE! There are laws against trespassing. ATV riders trespass, they should be cited & fined.

Understandable. And the cops probably show up 2 hours after you call them too right? There is a solution to this, and solutions cost money. Money which isnt there. It is wrong for them to be riding on private property and yes they should be cited according to the law.

I think a lot of this would be taken care of if parents would actually be parenting their kids.

dustin

UAIOE
Originally posted by tater
Because of all of this (and my 2 weeks in the hospital after lawn-darting my dirtbike:twitch:), is why I'm gonna do the jet ski thing. Still fun as he//, and there is nothing but water round here, so finding a place to ride is easy :wink:. And...... all you have to worry about is other drunken boaters ripping through you PWC while they're reaching for yet another 10 oz :biggrin:

Please tell me your getting a standup ski right? Please o please. You'll be bored with a sitdown after 4 or 5 days out....unless your touring with the Tropicana Bikini Sun Lotion team. Saltwater/brakish is h-e-double-hockey sticks on jetski's. Make sure you wash them suckers down mighty good afterwards.

F

Flo

I am a landowner that is sick and tired of ATV riders tearing up (farm) fields, and who have no apparent regard for anyone but for themselves and their selfish sport.

We have called the police, and confronted the jerks to no avail. Nothing gets done; they just come back! It is impossible to fence the whole farm in, and a might expensive to think about.

As for Southern Maryland heritage, my family has been a part of Southern Maryland for the past 300 years. Never had a problem with ATV's until the last few years.

F

Flo

Originally posted by *archimedes*
Oh I think you'll find just as many waterfront property owners hating jet skiers as you do people hating ATVers. Basically the only people who like ATVs and jet skis are the ones who don't have to put up with the noise and trespassing and mess. To everyone else their operators are just *******s.

Jet Skiers for the most part are a nusience also...try fishing or crabbing while a jet skier goes over your lines!!! :mad:

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by Barbra

I am not being snotty. I live on a private road. PRIVATE! There are laws against trespassing on private land. ATV riders trespass, they should be cited & fined.

This is crap...there is nothing wrong with ATV's. Yes some people do take the privlage for granted, but that does not give anybody the right to crusify ATV owners.

I never said that trespassers shouldnt be crusified for there actions....but you cant crusify other ATV owners for the act of someone else. This thread gave me the opportunity to voice an opinion, which would be change, so I acted on the opportunity. These entire forums are for voicing opinions...

As for ESEF.... :burning: