Jetta trouble

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
My sons GF just bought a new VW Jetta from a dealer in Woodbridge....Has less than 2000 miles on it and the carpet is soaked...You can push on the carpet and water ouzzes (sp) out between your fingers...She called them and they told her to take it to Waldorf and they would fix it...The A/C condensation line was routed wrong and it was dumping water inside the car....They fixed it with no problem but will not replace the carpet...I think there would be an issue with mold or rust later on...Anyone know who she could contact other than a dealer (that says no), to make them replace the carpet? How about a Regional VW person that could make it happen...I really think the carpet should be replaced...She really doesn't know what to do...I told her to contact the dealer she bought it from and ask them....She was just turned down by the Waldorf dealer...On another note, if anyone knows how to spell ouzze please correct me...

glhs837

Power with Control
Regional reps, access is usually through the deal;ership, and only after you cause sufficient irritation. Best bet is the 800 number in the owners manual for customer satisfaction. Might take a few tries. Maybe mention the possibility of mold, and future resale, and asthma, bronchitis, flesh eating bacteria, etc.

dave1959

Car dealers run into water leak problems often. The fact is that just because the carpet got wet does not mean it should be replaced. In a cars life carpets get wet a lot, they are designed with this in mind. It needs to be taken out and dried properly and you should not experience any long term problems or issues. I would ask them if they did this or did they just vacum the water out and let it go. And yes I do work for a car dealer, not VW, so this is first hand information not an opinion.

glhs837

Power with Control
Car dealers run into water leak problems often. The fact is that just because the carpet got wet does not mean it should be replaced. In a cars life carpets get wet a lot, they are designed with this in mind. It needs to be taken out and dried properly and you should not experience any long term problems or issues. I would ask them if they did this or did they just vacum the water out and let it go. And yes I do work for a car dealer, not VW, so this is first hand information not an opinion.

Agree, but unless forced, that most likely wont happen, IMO. Ask, but look over the original service ticket. Not sure what the book is on rerouting the line, but there should be a good chunk of time on there for the carpet removal and replacement. At least an hour, given you most likely need to remove and replace the seats and some of the trim.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Thanks everyone...Some good tips here...I knew i could depend on you all....
Special thanks to GWguy with the ooze issue....I am oozin wif gratitude...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Agree, but unless forced, that most likely wont happen, IMO. Ask, but look over the original service ticket. Not sure what the book is on rerouting the line, but there should be a good chunk of time on there for the carpet removal and replacement. At least an hour, given you most likely need to remove and replace the seats and some of the trim.

If the carpet was dry when she got it back from the dealer, I wouldn't worry about it. She's got the rest of her warranty period (a year?) to see if a documented problem resurfaces. Park it in the sun and if it's going to mold you'll know real quick.

beccajackson05

I work for a dealer and in the service department and i would def ask for the service rep to give you a call. and if that doesnt work ask to speak to the VP of that dealership. And mak esure you tell them you will give them a bad survey. Dealerships revolve around those damn surveys. Dont take No for a answer to reslove this. Yes I agree with the person before me saying have them take the carpet out to properly dry and check floor board for any possible mold or rust.

glhs837

Power with Control
If the carpet was dry when she got it back from the dealer, I wouldn't worry about it. She's got the rest of her warranty period (a year?) to see if a documented problem resurfaces. Park it in the sun and if it's going to mold you'll know real quick.

Hmmm, not so sure, some vehicles, there are gaps in the forward firewall/floor area when the carpet doesn't meet the floor, could be puddled water there. could be they peeled it back and made sure it was dry there, I know I would. But nobody, especially someone on the clock, cares about your stuff like you do.