Jogger Kicked Poodle Across Street

mAlice

professional daydreamer
If people would keep their mongrels on a leash, stuff like this wouldn't happen. I guess the jogger was just supposed to let the dog bite him. :rolleyes:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
elaine said:
If people would keep their mongrels on a leash, stuff like this wouldn't happen. I guess the jogger was just supposed to let the dog bite him. :rolleyes:

I have to agree to a point. While I think he may have gone overboard, the dog should have been contained. No, he didn't need to kick it hard enough to make it go airborne but had it not been out and nipping at him he wouldn't have had the opportunity to kick it at all.

And why did the owner not run out after it. If it ran outa the garage after she opened the door wouldn't a responsible dog owner run out to get it. Had it run into the street and gotten hit by a car who's fault would it be? Hers.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
pixiegirl said:
I have to agree to a point. While I think he may have gone overboard, the dog should have been contained. No, he didn't need to kick it hard enough to make it go airborne but had it not been out and nipping at him he wouldn't have had the opportunity to kick it at all.

And why did the owner not run out after it. If it ran outa the garage after she opened the door wouldn't a responsible dog owner run out to get it. Had it run into the street and gotten hit by a car who's fault would it be? Hers.

If I had been the jogger, I would have punted it across the street, too.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Then the story says he kicked it THREE times.. ao apparently neither the dog nor the owner got the hint the first two times, so the third time he unleashed thunderfoot, and punted the beast over the street.

Leashes are your friend.

And I believe the dogs owner should be ticketed for inability to control her dog, not being on a leash etc. WHY are they going after the jogger??

rack'm

Jaded
itsbob said:
Then the story says he kicked it THREE times.. ao apparently neither the dog nor the owner got the hint the first two times, so the third time he unleashed thunderfoot, and punted the beast over the street.

Leashes are your friend.

And I believe the dogs owner should be ticketed for inability to control her dog, not being on a leash etc. WHY are they going after the jogger??

PETA maggots...:duh:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
elaine said:
I went and looked at two Pugs over the weekend. :biggrin: Neither of them were Chasey quality, so I passed them both up. :frown:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
elaine said:
If I had been the jogger, I would have punted it across the street, too.

:yeahthat: I have the right to defend myself against and attacking dog whether the owner is in sight or not.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Good Lord. We are talking about a 4.5 pound dog, about the size of a Chihuahua. Things happen, dogs get out, even on the best owner. Dogs are fast, maybe the owner did go after the dog. And just maybe if the jogger had just stopped for a minute and rather than kicking the dog, gave the owner time to get the dog, things would be different. But none of us really know what happened.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I would have picked it up by the scruff of its neck and returned it to the owner. My neighbors toy poodle only weighs 2 lbs and although she's fast, I'd still be able to pick her up by the scruff.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
cattitude said:
Good Lord. We are talking about a 4.5 pound dog, about the size of a Chihuahua. Things happen, dogs get out, even on the best owner. Dogs are fast, maybe the owner did go after the dog. And just maybe if the jogger had just stopped for a minute and rather than kicking the dog, gave the owner time to get the dog, things would be different. But none of us really know what happened.

Your darling daughter said he went overboard! :razz:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
cattitude said:

Not trying to be confrontational, but a bite is a bite. Yes, pets do get out, but that doesn't mean the jogger was supposed to just let it bite him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
itsbob said:
WHY are they going after the jogger??
Great question.

So now you're just supposed to stand there and wait until an aggressive dog actually bites you? :rolleyes:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
We're talking about a dog smaller than a cat. But it's okay for cats to run loose, right. They don't bite.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
cattitude said:
We're talking about a dog smaller than a cat. But it's okay for cats to run loose, right. They don't bite.

I don't think any animal should run loose, but I've never seen a cat go out of it's way to attack someone.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
cattitude said:
We are talking about a 4.5 pound dog, about the size of a Chihuahua.
The only time I've ever been bitten in my life was by a dachshund. Granted, a small dog is less likely to kill you or cause permanent damage than, say, a pitbull :whistle: but it's still a dog bite.

A police spokesman said the man could face misdemeanor abuse of animal or criminal aggravated animal cruelty charges.
That's just stunning. A dog attacks you and if you defend yourself, you could be charged with animal abuse. :ohwell:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
bresamil said:
I would have picked it up by the scruff of its neck and returned it to the owner. My neighbors toy poodle only weighs 2 lbs and although she's fast, I'd still be able to pick her up by the scruff.
But some people ar scared of dogs no matter the size, just as some people are scared of TEEENY spiders.. You can bet nobody that is scared of spiders is going to pick one up and set it outside, why expect the same for a dog?

I understand that dogs get loose, it happens all the time, but I also understand if my dog gets loose and it gets hit by a car, that it is MY fault, not the drivers. Same goes if he gets loose and chases down a jogger, I can't expect someone to stand their peacefully while a dog barks and trys to bite them. Maybe the jogger should have punted the owner across the street, less people would be upset.

ylexot

Super Genius
cattitude said:
If a cat runs out and tries to bite/claw you, you can punt them too.