Karma?

FrmGrl

Get some!
I'm not being hateful and I actually have no idea what the whole "winn dixie" thing is about, I was joking when I wrote that. I find it entertaining to read some of this with my coffee, but just SOME of it. There was a time when there were relative topics on here about our horses and feed and grooming and where to ride and it was interesting. I think you have gone a little overboard with making this the Sadie forum and I got tired of it. Enjoy Florida, ride your horses and come on here to tell us what's pertinent to HORSES....not SADIE, not KARMA...HORSES.

Instead of flashing up some cute response on here, take a minute to read back over your posts and maybe you will see what I mean. At times, I have been quite the attention bandit myself, so I speak from experience, that was the past and I'm better for letting it go....move on and love the HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remax, we all know the forum has at times gotten out of control. But if you do go all the way back, Sadie came on here, trying to get more shows in the area and asked for opinions. I would say she got more than a friendly opinion. She was instantly attacked. But your right, it should have stayed about horses and not whose barn is better or who is a better instructor. A little competion is ok, but it seems in SOMD it is prohibited. I have never seen a place quite like this and I have lived all over the country. We are all glad you are doing well after your accident and seeing you back on again. The people on this forum do show their caring side when it is needed.

R

remaxrealtor

Remax, we all know the forum has at times gotten out of control. But if you do go all the way back, Sadie came on here, trying to get more shows in the area and asked for opinions. I would say she got more than a friendly opinion. She was instantly attacked. But your right, it should have stayed about horses and not whose barn is better or who is a better instructor. A little competion is ok, but it seems in SOMD it is prohibited. I have never seen a place quite like this and I have lived all over the country. We are all glad you are doing well after your accident and seeing you back on again. The people on this forum do show their caring side when it is needed.

Many thanks for the warm wishes! I have met some wonderful horses people in this area. We should all focus on the positive that our horses bring to so many lives.

On that note...I recently licked up a FANTASTIC book on Amazon:

If I had a Horse How Different Life Would Be...By Melissa Sovey-Nelson.

The photography is awesome, the story will touch every horsewoman's heart AND it comes with a DVD with some incredible footage. It's well worth getting!

devinej

FREE SPEECH

haha

i love horses too. and i love to talk about them. i'm at an incredible conference right now in utah about how horses can help mentally unhealthy, adjudicated youth, anyone who needs counseling. check out www.eagala.com

And it works too...lower rates of recidicism (if i spelled that right..) higher rates of resiliency. wow. equine assisted psychotherapy.

tallyhoe

horse people can be so silly. it seems that remax has a split personality. i am glad karma is gone. i didn't know how to use it but i kept getting red. :0

tallyhoe

remax - if you want to read something about horses then why are you looking at a thread called karma? if it doesnt interest you dont open it. carry on sadie, since you have been away the winnies have been so happy. life is catching up to one of them and causing her stress though. maybe devine can give her a psy. eval or some med. she will be back in court soon and i will tell you all about it. i know you miss her.

J

jaybeeztoo

Many thanks for the warm wishes! I have met some wonderful horses people in this area. We should all focus on the positive that our horses bring to so many lives.

On that note...I recently licked up a FANTASTIC book on Amazon:

If I had a Horse How Different Life Would Be...By Melissa Sovey-Nelson.

The photography is awesome, the story will touch every horsewoman's heart AND it comes with a DVD with some incredible footage. It's well worth getting!

You licked a fantastic book? How did it taste? :killingme

Sorry, I couldn't resist :angel:

Glad you are back in the saddle again Remax :flowers:

FrmGrl

Get some!
remax - if you want to read something about horses then why are you looking at a thread called karma? if it doesnt interest you dont open it. carry on sadie, since you have been away the winnies have been so happy. life is catching up to one of them and causing her stress though. maybe devine can give her a psy. eval or some med. she will be back in court soon and i will tell you all about it. i know you miss her.
I dont think Sadie misses her:lmao: Seems very busy in FL. Hopefully I will be next to be transferred to sunny skies and warm weather. Although it has been rather nice here and this is the time when we should all be doing horsey things and not dramatizing on the forum. Way to nice out:starcat:

R

remaxrealtor

You licked a fantastic book? How did it taste? :killingme

Sorry, I couldn't resist :angel:

Glad you are back in the saddle again Remax :flowers:

Needed salt.....................:lmao:

Thanks, I'm glad to be back riding too! (Both of me are!):lmao:

J

jaybeeztoo

Needed salt.....................:lmao:

Thanks, I'm glad to be back riding too! (Both of me are!):lmao:

Everything needs salt :lmao: Salt is GOOD.

I'm so glad you took that with humor. That is all I wanted. I am not probing at anyone. :angel:

barnbatty

devine
while you are in Utah you should look up Unita Academy. Its a school for emotionally disturbed girls & they all have their own horse as part of their therapy. Its a really neat program there are about 45 girls from all over the world learning about taking care of themselves & getting over hurt and horses are a huge part of them learning about themselves

devinej

devine
while you are in Utah you should look up Unita Academy. Its a school for emotionally disturbed girls & they all have their own horse as part of their therapy. Its a really neat program there are about 45 girls from all over the world learning about taking care of themselves & getting over hurt and horses are a huge part of them learning about themselves

WOW that sounds like an AWESOME idea. i will look them up. i'm back east again now finally. closer, in milford, va, there is a program for girls with eating disorders that does equin therapy - the remuda ranch

i just heard the most awesome lecture about stanford medical students - they have a course they have to take where they work with horses in order to learn how to have better bedside manner with patients...WOW it was so cool. related trying to convince a scared cancer patient to do Chemo with trying to get a scared horse to walk over a tarp on the ground. they totally get it. i love metaphors

I love SALT too:starcat:i had some salty pretzels on the airplane today. so good...

perhaps i should set up a demo of equine assisted psychotherapy for all ya'll horse people and we can have the winnies be the first volunteer clients. might do them some good. can't help with meds though, i already ran out lol
anyone have an IN with the equine conference coming up? need to get a table set up for it, there is a local practitioner....

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
WOW that sounds like an AWESOME idea. i will look them up. i'm back east again now finally. closer, in milford, va, there is a program for girls with eating disorders that does equin therapy - the remuda ranch

i just heard the most awesome lecture about stanford medical students - they have a course they have to take where they work with horses in order to learn how to have better bedside manner with patients...WOW it was so cool. related trying to convince a scared cancer patient to do Chemo with trying to get a scared horse to walk over a tarp on the ground. they totally get it. i love metaphors

I love SALT too:starcat:i had some salty pretzels on the airplane today. so good...

perhaps i should set up a demo of equine assisted psychotherapy for all ya'll horse people and we can have the winnies be the first volunteer clients. might do them some good. can't help with meds though, i already ran out lol
anyone have an IN with the equine conference coming up? need to get a table set up for it, there is a local practitioner....

Where is the equine conference??

showqueen74

Its at Flat Iron i think april 4-6

here is the info that I got in an e-mail.

2008 Southern Maryland Equine Conference - Agenda & Registration attached.

The Southern Maryland Agricultural Commission will host a 3 day Equine Conference, April 3, 4 at the J. T. Daugherty Center in Lexington Park, and April 5 horsemanship demonstrations at Flat Iron Farm, Great Mills. The conference is tailored to inform and support the equine and farming community. Sessions include hay & nutrition topics, timely pasture recommendations for the region, broodmare and young horse management, important legal updates for Maryland equine businesses and horse owners, business planning and farm management, lameness, equine dentistry and more. Horsemanship demonstrations feature international clinicians Susan Harris and Peggy Brown "Anatomy in Motion". Attend any or all three days. $20 per day or $50 for all three (includes breakfast & lunch on 4/3 & 4/4) For registration and information visit So. Maryland So Good...  What's In Season? or call (301) 274-1922. Registration due by March 21.

Susan McQuilkin
Marketing Executive
So. Maryland, So Good
Southern Maryland Agricultural Development Commission
smcquilkin@somarylandsogood.com
# 301-274-1922
Fax 301-274-1924

devinej

plus someone asked me to do a jumping demo...whatever that means...should i bring sparkles? hehehehhee