Katie Monahan Prudent Clinic @ The Columbia Horse Center!!!!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Hi All, :howdy:

Saw this post on another Forum and thought I'd just pass it along. I e-mailed Sue Wisler who will be sending registration forms soon.

THREAD from THE CHRONICLE OF THE HORSE

On Saturday April 28 Katie Monahan Prudent will be teaching a clinic at Columbia Horse Center in Laurel, MD.

All proceeds will go to Days End Farm in Lisbon, MD. There are four levels (below with times) which will last 2 hours each and are limited to 8 riders. Cost to participate is $175 and $30 to audit. To register please call 301-776-5850 or email Sue Wisler at sjw42963@aol.com. You can also visit Columbia's website (www.columbiahorsecenter.com) though I don't think that clinic details are up yet. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Level 1: 2'6"-2'9" 8am-10am
Level 2: 2'9-3" 10am-12pm
Level 3: 3'-3'6" 1pm-3pm
Level 4: 3'6"-and up 3pm-5pm

Thanks and hope some of you will be able to make it.

fredsaid2

spellbound said:
You don't know anyone who'd let me borrow a horse for it, do you?

Spellbound is a very accomplished h/j. If anyone has a horse up to doing the clinic you'd get some incredible training out of the deal.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Here she is Spellbound! You can ride her. :razz: :jameo: :killingme These picts were taken today.

Attachments

• Sadie & Jana jumping 3-07.JPG
    Sadie & Jana jumping 3-07.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Sadie & Jana Jump 3 07.JPG
    Sadie & Jana Jump 3 07.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 135
  • Sadie & Jana flat 3 07.JPG
    Sadie & Jana flat 3 07.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 135

spellbound

Sadielady said:
Here she is Spellbound! You can ride her. :razz: :jameo: :killingme These picts were taken today.

Aren't you taking her somewhere tomorrow to get brakes installed? Or is that later in the month?

K

Katie

Sadielady said:
I have a really cute gray you can borrow. She doesn't have any brakes yet though. :)

I guess that is better than having a horse with quick brakes!

BZHorseMomE

Sadielady said:

Hey Sadielady,

She sure is a cutie!!! Let me know how her brake adjustment goes today. Great day to ride!!!

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
Four*Leaf*Farm said:
I have a coming 6 y.o. that is capable... she just hasn't had much work this past year and is pretty rusty...

I can't find any under saddle pix at the moment.. but here she is hangin' out enjoying this weather.

I wish I could ride. :ohwell:

Attachments

• rubes.jpg
    rubes.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 113

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
spellbound said:
Aren't you taking her somewhere tomorrow to get brakes installed? Or is that later in the month?
Holy cow. My brake check cost me $126 not to include my food. I left at 10 AM and didn't get back until 8 PM. No one told me it was going to take 3 1/2 hours to get there. Nice place though. Next time I will spend the night and take two lessons. I am sure her brakes will cost me LOTS more. Next week I am going to VA for a brake check. That will probably cost me about the same, but with less time on the road. We will see. Spellbound, you need to call me about that barn manager. I have questions.

spellbound

Were the brakes working when you left?

It's too late for me to call now. Send me a PM if you want. Otherwise, I'll have to call you tomorrow.

BZHorseMomE

Sadielady said:
Holy cow. My brake check cost me $126 not to include my food. I left at 10 AM and didn't get back until 8 PM. No one told me it was going to take 3 1/2 hours to get there. Nice place though. Next time I will spend the night and take two lessons. I am sure her brakes will cost me LOTS more. Next week I am going to VA for a brake check. That will probably cost me about the same, but with less time on the road. We will see. Spellbound, you need to call me about that barn manager. I have questions.

Sadie who did you take from? CK or KK? It must have gone well if your going back up again. Which way did you go that took 3 1/2 hrs.? Sure hope you didn't get caught in traffic with the horse trailer.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I took from CK this time, next time KK, if he is in town. CK was good. Sadie's brakes were better, but I don't have the "tools" yet to practice here yet. I am going to Florida in a little over a week! It is getting cold again tomorrow. I had better get out and enjoy the day (ride some horse arses!).

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Four*Leaf*Farm said:
I can't find any under saddle pix at the moment.. but here she is hangin' out enjoying this weather.

SHe's cute! Why hasn't she been ridden?

Sparks

Sadielady said:
I took from CK this time, next time KK, if he is in town. CK was good. Sadie's brakes were better, but I don't have the "tools" yet to practice here yet. I am going to Florida in a little over a week! It is getting cold again tomorrow. I had better get out and enjoy the day (ride some horse arses!).

Oh, I rode with KK for a short time. The haul up there was a PITA. He's fab though.

BTW - Your grey is very cute.

Last edited:

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
Sadielady said:
SHe's cute! Why hasn't she been ridden?

I've had a couple kiddies...:jameo: But I'm done and hope to start where I left off with her...

I do get to ride her.. just not as often as I'd like. I rode her up until my 7th mo. of both prenancies. Now I just have to wait 'til the Dr. says it's ok to tack up again...

K

Katie

Four*Leaf*Farm said:
I've had a couple kiddies...:jameo: But I'm done and hope to start where I left off with her...

I do get to ride her.. just not as often as I'd like. I rode her up until my 7th mo. of both prenancies. Now I just have to wait 'til the Dr. says it's ok to tack up again...

Yeah and riding with kiddos I am sure is hard to make the time.

BZHorseMomE

Four*Leaf*Farm said:

What kind of riding do you do with your mare? She sure is nice looking.