Katie Monahan Prudent Clinic @ The Columbia Horse Center!!!!

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
BZHorseMomE said:
What kind of riding do you do with your mare? She sure is nice looking.

Thanks! She's my baby :huggy: My husband calls her the big dog because she follows you everywhere and backs her butt up to you for a scratch.

I started her out at a couple smha shows when she was 2 and she did her first elementary HT at 3 and we went clean x-country and stadium.. Since then, it's only been trails for us.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
BZHorseMomE said:
Hi All, :howdy:

Saw this post on another Forum and thought I'd just pass it along. I e-mailed Sue Wisler who will be sending registration forms soon.

THREAD from THE CHRONICLE OF THE HORSE

On Saturday April 28 Katie Monahan Prudent will be teaching a clinic at Columbia Horse Center in Laurel, MD.

All proceeds will go to Days End Farm in Lisbon, MD. There are four levels (below with times) which will last 2 hours each and are limited to 8 riders. Cost to participate is $175 and $30 to audit. To register please call 301-776-5850 or email Sue Wisler at sjw42963@aol.com. You can also visit Columbia's website (www.columbiahorsecenter.com) though I don't think that clinic details are up yet. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Level 1: 2'6"-2'9" 8am-10am
Level 2: 2'9-3" 10am-12pm
Level 3: 3'-3'6" 1pm-3pm
Level 4: 3'6"-and up 3pm-5pm

Thanks and hope some of you will be able to make it.

Just got my registration form from Sue Wisler and it said only 1 slot left in the 2'6"-2'9" section. This should really be a great clinic. I don't have anything to ride, but should be a great clinic to audit. Hopefully George Morris and Frank Madden will be back in the area towards the end of the year. Guess I'll have to make a few hikes up to Westminster.

Last edited:

Sparks

BZHorseMomE said:
Just got my registration form from Sue Wisler and it said only 1 slot left in the 2'6"-2'9" section. This should really be a great clinic. I don't have anything to ride, but should be a great clinic to audit. Hopefully George Morris and Frank Madden will be back in the area towards the end of the year. Guess I'll have to make a few hikes up to Westminster.

If you see anything coming up with Frank Madden, please post it. I'd love to ride with him.

BZHorseMomE

Sparks said:
If you see anything coming up with Frank Madden, please post it. I'd love to ride with him.

Sure thing!!! I know CK is having George Morris back in the fall. She may try to have Frank or another good equitation trainer back before all the Equitation Finals start. I think Frank Madden was at CK in August of 06'. Also check out www.ushja.org calendar for any upcoming clinics or The Cronicle of the Horse forums people are always posting upcoming events. I've always enjoyed clinics and love the challenges. You can also learn so much from watching the others rider as well.

K

Katie

BZHorseMomE said:
Sure thing!!! I know CK is having George Morris back in the fall. She may try to have Frank or another good equitation trainer back before all the Equitation Finals start. I think Frank Madden was at CK in August of 06'. Also check out www.ushja.org calendar for any upcoming clinics. I've always enjoyed clinics and love the challenges. You can also learn so much from watching the others rider as well.

I will just audit with those types. I am always wiling to learn something new. My equitation is not the best. I just don't get the angle that my back needs to be at for hunter. I sit very straight, and on my seat bones.

BZHorseMomE

Katie said:
I will just audit with those types. I am always wiling to learn something new. My equitation is not the best. I just don't get the angle that my back needs to be at for hunter. I sit very straight, and on my seat bones.

Oh, come on we're never to old to learn new tricks!! :lmao:

K

Katie

BZHorseMomE said:
Oh, come on we're never to old to learn new tricks!! :lmao:

I want to learn the right way to do it believe me, but I need to see others. Ashton does better with me sitting straight up.

BZHorseMomE

:yahoo: Getting up bright and early to go to the Katie Monahan-Prudent clinic. A whole day of Mommy time and getting to horse around. :cartwheel

QUESTION : If we had someone of that caliber come to So. Maryland would anyone be interested in Riding in the Clinic or Auditing???

Hope some good notes and good pictures after tomorrow. :thewave:

Last edited:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BZHorseMomE said:
:yahoo: Getting up bright and early to go to the Katie Monahan-Prudent clinic. A whole day of Mommy time and getting to horse around. :cartwheel

QUESTION : If we had someone of that caliber come to So. Maryland would anyone be interested in Riding in the Clinic or Auditing???

See you there!

devinej

BZHorseMomE said:

I'd totally go for a clinic of that caliber in So.MD. :howdy:

BZHorseMomE

Howdy everyone,

Just got back a few hours ago from the Katie Monahan Prudent clinic. It was so awesome. The different levels of horses and riders made for a very educational clinic. Her instruction was very simple and easy to understand with her focus on the details. Several of the participants were lucky enough to have her rider their horses when they were having problems with an excercise or a jumping line. It really was a pleasure.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BZHorseMomE said:
Howdy everyone,

Just got back a few hours ago from the Katie Monahan Prudent clinic. It was so awesome. The different levels of horses and riders made for a very educational clinic. Her instruction was very simple and easy to understand with her focus on the details. Several of the participants were lucky enough to have her rider their horses when they were having problems with an excercise or a jumping line. It really was a pleasure.
It was fun too, except when it rained. I am so sweet, I had to find some cover. :killingme She was great.

BZHorseMomE

Katie Monahan Prudents clinic was great. Each session was very diverse with Show Hunters, Equitation, Eventers, Fox Hunters, and Jumpers in each session. KMP really hit home about the importance of a good foundation in your flat work. Be prepared with the proper equipment. One of her quotes was "Riding without your Crop and Spurs is like going to war with your weapon". :killingme Never that about it like that. Great tips for showing like when she said "Once you enter the Hunter ring if you use your crop on the horses shoulder that will take you out of the ribbons". "Only use the crop behind your leg". Her set ups for gymnastics and courses were really fun to watch the riders negotiate. If they riders and horses didn't do it correct she would work with them until they did. When particular riders or horses had trouble KMP hoped up and worked with those mounts. Sometime the riders were able to duplicate and sometimes the couldn't, but she gave them homework for working on there problem areas. She really seemed to care about each person riding in each session.

We should start a thread to see who would be interest in these types of clinics in the So. Maryland area to see if the turn out would be enough. I know this one in Columbia had people from VA, PA, as well as Maryland.

S

saddlesore

BZHorseMomE said:
One of her quotes was "Riding without your Crop and Spurs is like going to war with your weapon". :killingme Never that about it like that.

Yikes, I never thought about jumping as being war-like towards the horse :killingme

We should start a thread to see who would be interest in these types of clinics in the So. Maryland area to see if the turn out would be enough. I know this one in Columbia had people from VA, PA, as well as Maryland.

I would definitely be interested!

BZHorseMomE

Man got my first red!! :howdy: :smack: I feel important now. Next time sign your comments.

Katie Monahan Prudent
Are you really this stupid.
Katie Monahan Prudent C... 04-28-2007 05:00 PM I so don't like you or anything you have to say.
Katie Monahan Prudent C... 04-28-2007 04:59 PM You are so annoying and so obviously passing along spam!

BZHorseMomE

I didn't think supporting an event that the proceeds went to DAYS END FARM would be considered SPAM.

fredsaid2

BZHorseMomE said:
I didn't think supporting an event that the proceeds went to DAYS END FARM would be considered SPAM.

Thanks for your notes from the clinic. It's always nice for those that attend to pass along what they learned to those that couldn't make it. :howdy: