Kayaking

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
My husband and I would like to rent Kayak to go kayaking soon. Where we can go rent kayak and how much do they cost to rent?

I heard Greenwell State Park have Kayaks available for rent. Have anyone rented and kayak at the Greenwell State Park? Do anyone know how much the rental fee is?

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
My husband and I would like to rent Kayak to go kayaking soon. Where we can go rent kayak and how much do they cost to rent?

I heard Greenwell State Park have Kayaks available for rent. Have anyone rented and kayak at the Greenwell State Park? Do anyone know how much the rental fee is?
Leonardtown behind the KFC and a place down in St. Inigoes. Don't know the name.

Should be around $13.00/hr

glhs837

Power with Control
That place in L-town is

McIntosh Outfitters
Leonardtown Wharf and Port of Leonardtown
240-577-3971 or 240-577-3977
Monday through Thursday: Call ahead for reservations
Friday through Sunday: 8:00am to 8:00pm

Full service canoe and kayak rental offering hourly, Ѕ day, daily rentals on Breton Bay and the scenic McIntosh Run. Also offering weekend and weekly rates serving all public access launches in Southern Maryland. Packages available for Scouting and other organizations

I havent done business with them, but did stop by and chat with them for about 15 minutes once, seem like nice folks.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Leonardtown behind the KFC and a place down in St. Inigoes. Don't know the name.

Should be around $13.00/hr

Thank you. We'll check them out later.

That place in L-town is

McIntosh Outfitters

Full service canoe and kayak rental offering hourly, Ѕ day, daily rentals on Breton Bay and the scenic McIntosh Run. Also offering weekend and weekly rates serving all public access launches in Southern Maryland. Packages available for Scouting and other organizations

I havent done business with them, but did stop by and chat with them for about 15 minutes once, seem like nice folks.

Thank you. We'll check them out later.

Should we rent single or double kayaks? Any tips of do and don't? It'll be our first time to kayaking.

spinner

you might want to rent single kayaks, get used to paddling before you have to coordenate your movements with somebody else's. One of my clients bought a tandem one.. they used it once and it went back to the store. They have single kayaks now. Greenwell has guided tours also, they even have a moonlight one in August and a moonrise one in September. Bluhaven Piers are great to deal with. Beware! Kayaking is addicting, I love being out in mine.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
you might want to rent single kayaks, get used to paddling before you have to coordenate your movements with somebody else's. One of my clients bought a tandem one.. they used it once and it went back to the store. They have single kayaks now. Greenwell has guided tours also, they even have a moonlight one in August and a moonrise one in September. Bluhaven Piers are great to deal with. Beware! Kayaking is addicting, I love being out in mine.

Thanks for the tip! We'll be renting single kayaks. The moonlight one in August sounds very nice! Do you know when it is?

Kayaking is addicting?!?!?! AWESOME!!!!!

I can't wait for my first kayaking... :dye:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
That place in L-town is

McIntosh Outfitters

I rented from them last summer. Boy and I paddeled down to Leonardtown dock. Took a couple of hours and they came and got us so we didn't have to paddle back uphill :lol:

Mojo

Thanks for the tip! We'll be renting single kayaks. The moonlight one in August sounds very nice! Do you know when it is?

Kayaking is addicting?!?!?! AWESOME!!!!!

I can't wait for my first kayaking... :dye:

Bacon has his own kayak and he's an experienced river wrangler. Shoot him a PM, I'm sure he would be glad to give you some pointers.

dn0121

Bacon has his own kayak and he's an experienced river wrangler. Shoot him a PM, I'm sure he would be glad to give you some pointers.

That's true Bacon will talk your ear off about how much kayaking him and Maggie do.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent

:yahoo:

That's true Bacon will talk your ear off about how much kayaking him and Maggie do.

Uh... I'm DEAF!! He can talk my ears off and I don't have to hear him. :biggrin:

It's a good thing she's deaf. :lol:

:love:

doh! I forgot, well he will write your eyes off :confused:

I can always throw the notebook in the water and he can't write my eyes off then. :evil:
:killingme I can still see him writing down on her pad of paper what a blumpkin is. :killingme

That's because you were sitting right next to me when he wrote that in my notebook! :killingme

spinner

moonlight kayaking

I believe it is August 22, on a Saturday. The moonrise one is in Sept. Also there is a kayak rental place on Mattawoman Creek in Charles County. They just opened this summer, I think they are only there on the weekends. It is almost to the base, by far one of the prettiest places I go, and great for fishing. Well worth the drive.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I believe it is August 22, on a Saturday. The moonrise one is in Sept. Also there is a kayak rental place on Mattawoman Creek in Charles County. They just opened this summer, I think they are only there on the weekends. It is almost to the base, by far one of the prettiest places I go, and great for fishing. Well worth the drive.

I would love to go fishing, but first I need to get fishing lessons. :lol: