Kimberly Guilfoyle

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm giving in two weeks. Do they notify the donor?
If you don't mind, report back any particulars that aren't too personal. It's been a while since I've given, so I'd like to know what to expect. I'd like to get back into the habit. I do it just for the :snacks: afterwords. Kind of like :gossip:.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If you don't mind, report back any particulars that aren't too personal. It's been a while since I've given, so I'd like to know what to expect. I'd like to get back into the habit. I do it just for the :snacks: afterwords. Kind of like :gossip:.
There are a lot of questions about health, and where you've traveled over the years, plus a lot of questions regarding your personal life with regard to partners. I'll just leave it at that. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, you sign up for all kinds of tests, actually

HIV, Hepatitis and COVID. They notify you of all the results. I am negative for all. :yay:

Do they check for COVID with a blood test? Because I keep seeing drs/nurses jamming a swab up into people's brains to get a sample.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Do they check for COVID with a blood test? Because I keep seeing drs/nurses jamming a swab up into people's brains to get a sample.
Typical COVID infection test is done with a swab. Antibody test is done with blood sample. Those that get a swab are not being tested for antibody./HIV/AIDS/etc...

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
There are a lot of questions about health, and where you've traveled over the years, plus a lot of questions regarding your personal life with regard to partners. I'll just leave it at that. :lol:
Well that ought to be a very boring 5 minutes for them. I hope they don't fall asleep on me, that might be embarrassing.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It's an antibody test from the blood. The presence of anitbodies means you have had the virus.

Louise

"Very early on"? Perhaps you could define that. People with HIV were isolated from everyone else. People (including healthcare workers) wouldn't go near them without full cover.

• The flu pandemic of 1968, over a million people died. No lockdown. No masks. No social distancing. No governments controlling the people.
  • The Asian Flu of 1956, over 2 million died. No lockdown. No masks. No social distancing. No governments controlling the people.
  • The flu pandemic of 1918, 20 - 50 million estimated died. No lockdown. No masks. No social distancing. No governments controlling the people.
  • H1N1 pandemic of 2009, upwards of 575,400 deaths. No lockdown. No masks. No social distancing. No governments controlling the people.
This is the first time in our history where a complete global lockdown has been pushed on the subjects of governments. Here's a good one for ya! Governor Newsom (CA) shut down all wineries.......................................................................... EXCEPT HIS! Gavin THE DAMN HYPOCRITICAL DICTATOR Newsom kept HIS winery open while shutting down all California wineries. If you try to tell me this whole shutdown thing isn't political, you're wasting your rotten breath.

Well said. Exactly right. Great post.

SkylarkTempest

"Very early on"? Perhaps you could define that. People with HIV were isolated from everyone else. People (including healthcare workers) wouldn't go near them without full cover.

Sure. The disease came to the attention of the medical community as clusters of a type of cancer called Kaposi's Sarcoma, which usually only occurs in individuals with compromised immune systems. But almost all of the patients were young gay men. Eventually, the disease was given a name: AIDS. The thing is, there were many medical professionals that had treated these patients before anyone was aware there was a new disease, and none of them had contracted it. One of the first things epidemiologists do when there is a breakout is contact tracing. They try to map the spread of the disease back to elusive "patient zero". They were well aware of the fact that it wasn't likely airborne, and highly suspected sexual activity had something to do with it. The first known cases were sometime around 80-81? By 83, I think, they had confirmed that transmitted by bodily fluids. The fact that SOME people still feared AIDS patients was mostly due to ignorance and the stigma surrounding it, because of its association with the gay community. In 86 or 87, Princess Diana made headlines by shaking hands with an AIDS patient. This was several years after we knew the truth. More people didn't know the truth about AIDS because it wasn't talked about. It wasn't until 1985 that St. Reagan even mentioned the disease, and that was only in response to a reporter's question.

SkylarkTempest

Define early, days, weeks, months, under a year? It was a while.
If a generation practiced safe sex? Why do we still have over 30K new infection every year in the US? It should be gone.

Well, clearly not everyone did! LOL. But education about the disease did a lot to reduce its numbers. I couldn't find data before 1990, but clearly the trend is that from the height of the epidemic to about 1995, the number of cases drastically dropped. I suspect the development of effective treatments and distance from the panic of the early 80's had something to do with the eventual rise in cases.

Last edited:

Louise

Well, clearly not everyone did! LOL. But education about the disease did a lot to reduce its numbers. I couldn't find data before 1990, but clearly the trend is that from the height of the epidemic to about 1995, the number of cases drastically dropped. I suspect the development of effective treatments and distance from the panic of the early 80's had something to do with the eventual rise in cases.

https://ourworldindata.org/hiv-aids#all-charts-preview

Now, I understand you. You are voting for Biden, and are in favor of NWO. Silly me!

Tech

The swans up the nose is to find an active virus where the person is still infectious. The hope is that the person will take proactive actions and isolate themselves to reduce the spread.

The blood test is to find the antigen to the virus, which means the person had the virus at sometime and recovered. The donated blood then can be used in the treatment of the hospitalized.

Donating blood gives you a free test plus supplies needed blood. By finding these positives will give us a better understanding of how wide spread the infection had been.