Last night's American Idol

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Tina2001aniT said:
I think the whole show sucked.....was very disappointed. My three favorites, from last night only were.....
Chris, Taylor and Bucky (I think Bucky did pretty good last night, so I won't be too sad to hear it again if he goes home tonight)

Who do we all think is going home tonight?
I think Lisa is gone....
Yes, I think Lisa is going bye-bye.

Tina2001aniT

Toxick said:
However, I'm thinking back to last week when Chris sang "Walk the Line", and how he admires Chris's "refusal to compromise" - he even clapped his hands when he said that.

Then last night, he grilled Chris about how he needs to break out of his rut, because he's not being diverse.

:confused:

While I must agree with Simon's assessment from last night - i.e. I'd like to hear a different style from Chris than the nonstop Seattle type alternative - Simon is sending mixed signals. He's never done that before, to my knowledge.

Just thought I'd point that out, because it's been bugging me.
I totally agree, and even pointed the same thing out to the BF while we were watching last night...:yay:

Geek

Toxick said:
I'd put the bottom three thusly:
Ace, Lisa, Cathleen.

I don't care which one of those three it is, but if I had to pick, I'd 86 Lisa.

And something occurs to me about Simon from last night.

I like Simon, and I love his ability to zero in on what needs to be critisized, and he ruthlessly critisizes it. I usually don't mind his negativity, and I always enjoy his biting remarks.

However, I'm thinking back to last week when Chris sang "Walk the Line", and how he admires Chris's "refusal to compromise" - he even clapped his hands when he said that.

Then last night, he grilled Chris about how he needs to break out of his rut, because he's not being diverse.

:confused:

While I must agree with Simon's assessment from last night - i.e. I'd like to hear a different style from Chris than the nonstop Seattle type alternative - Simon is sending mixed signals. He's never done that before, to my knowledge.

Just thought I'd point that out, because it's been bugging me.

You nailed it!

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Last night again to me was all about song choices. I was not that impressed. Kellie was good, that was a pretty good song choice for her. Chris was good, also. I am interested to see what tonight brings.

Last edited:

GeezLouise

tired and content....
harleygirl said:
Last night again to me was all about song choices. I was not that impressed. Kellie was good, that was a pretty good song choice for her. Chris was good, also. I am interested to see what tonight brongs.

Chris was very good! :hot:

Ace was pretty good last night as well.

Jameo

What?!
The bottom 3 tonight should be pretty interesting. I was really impressed with Kellie last night. I think she did very well. Taylor and Mandisa :doh: Chris :hot: Ace & Katherine were alright. Elliot & Bucky were good. Paris - bad song choice, I think the song was to big for her. Didn't pull it off very well.

Tina2001aniT

I have to say that I think Chris sealed it for me last night. It was GREAT to see him do something different!! I think he will be this year's American Idol.......he had me at Hello :lol: I fell in love with him at his audition, with the interview with his wife......Not only is he easy to look at, and sings like a dream, but is a real stand up guy.......I just LOVE him....:lol:

I think Pickler did well with Fancy, good song choice for her.

I also think Ace did good, loved his song.

Elliott is wonderful, he has such a nice voice....

Toxick

Splat
What a steaming pile of double-crap that was, last night.

But I'm not a country fan, and I think that country week was the nadir of every season so far.

I hate to say it but I think the bottom 3 should be Taylor, Eliot and Paris. I normally love all three of them - but last night, they didn't hang. Both Taylor and Paris really blew it last night. Eliot didn't suck - but it was the third worst, IMO.

See ya Taylor Hicks. I was a fan, but I think you're toast tonight. :(

You knew Bucky and Kelly would do well - and they did, but I was surprised at how well, Mandisa and Chris did. And Ace. I'm normally not an Ace fan, but he was good last night. Katherine was also fair.

Geek

I really thought country night was too hard to take. I am not a fan of county music, Kellie and Kathleen did good. I expected a better song from Bucky. Chris did well. Toxick, did you take into account that I voted for Taylor 5 times last night?

Toxick

Splat
Geek said:
I really thought country night was too hard to take. I am not a fan of county music, Kellie and Kathleen did good. I expected a better song from Bucky. Chris did well. Toxick, did you take into account that I voted for Taylor 5 times last night?

Yeah.

I still think he's done. :ohwell: