Laundry Room Refit

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Progressing. Finished the last of the framing, including the window and pocket door. Got some of the outlets installed and wired.

Next task is to figure out WTH is up with this mess so I can wire for the new ceiling lights.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Piece o' cake once you find the 'Rosetta Stone'. Still have one more line to run in before closing up the right hand box. The tricky part was not realizing there were actually 2 different power feeds from 2 different breakers coming into the box, one for outlets, one for lights.

Wired all the LED ceiling lights and tested those. Rolled the washer/dryer in 'cause I'm running out of clean stuff. Gonna call it a day.

Sheetrock next.....

151903 151904

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Did you ever finish?
Not yet. Had a few setbacks. Couldn't finish the walls until pocket door went in, and couldn't install the pocket door until the floor was in. Had a delay on getting the floor, and it wasn't what I was expecting and there wasn't enough of it to do the entire job. I thought I was getting interlocking flooring, but it wasn't.

So now I have 120 sq ft of very expensive flooring that I don't want to install and can't return.

153623 153624 153625

General Lee

Looks great though. Being winter time, makes for a good inside project to work on when you feel like it. It's back to being "functional" so you have that luxury of working on it whenever. Sucks on the flooring, how many times have you been through house looking where you could use it, Lol. I've been there.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
how many times have you been through house looking where you could use it,
A few.... :lol: Problem is tho, I can't clean the garage out, still have the new cabinets, etc. sitting on the floor, and I can't get the truck in. It's been outside for months.

General Lee

A few.... :lol: Problem is tho, I can't clean the garage out, still have the new cabinets, etc. sitting on the floor, and I can't get the truck in. It's been outside for months.
Now there is motivation to get it done! Poor truck. At least its not the sling. The things we choose to let sit outside, I have a golf cart in the garage taking up space for another vehicle, but nooooo the golf cart sits inside...I don't really know why

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
So, had a bit of motivation today. Always do when it gets sunny and warmer. Got my butt up to Lowes and found some flooring that will work fine. I like to use quality materials, but had to keep reminding myself that it's a laundry room. In the garage. It doesn't need to be the best. What I got is more than adequate at less than half the cost of the stuff I bought and can't use. Interlocking, waterproof vinyl over fiberglass over foam backing, floating. Should take only a day or two, once I clean out the room and get motivated again.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Interlocking, waterproof vinyl over fiberglass over foam backing, floating.

This stuff is amazing. We put it in most of our previous house to replace carpet and laminate. I almost like it better than hardwood. I miss it and can't wait until we conquer flooring in this house, I'm sure we'll go with it again.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
This stuff is amazing. We put it in most of our previous house to replace carpet and laminate. I almost like it better than hardwood. I miss it and can't wait until we conquer flooring in this house, I'm sure we'll go with it again.
I used a really good quality one in the kitchen when that got remodeled, and had it professionally installed. Great stuff, doesn't have that hollow sound when you walk on it, looks and feels real. Rest (ok, most) of the house is oak hardwood. Getting ready to re-do the upstairs bedrooms, and rip out all the carpeting and leave the oak floor.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Things finally progressing, got a lot done the past 2 weeks. Got the floor installed, then the pocket door, then the drywall. I am terrible at mud/tape, so I have a guy coming in next week for an estimate. I've used him before, good work. The flooring went in well. So well that I decided to increase the area. Just finished it except for trim and molding, that will wait until after the mud/spackle. Just kind of threw the cabinets in to see how they will look and to get some basic install thoughts.

155759 155760 155761 155762 155763 155764