Laundry Room Refit

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Mud/tape done, they finished sanding this morning. Just finished the 2nd coat of ceiling paint. Tomorrow, paint the interior walls, then I can start on the molding/trim/casings.

My brother just had a new house built in AR, and they did the trim a little different. I like it, going to re-create it in the laundry room, and if it works out, I'll use that style when I replace all the trim in the upstairs rooms.
156205 156206

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Me too. It's different, not the same ol', same ol' cove molding and 45 degree corners.
That's what I was thinking. Standard door molding is so, well, standard. I don't think this would work with my small rooms with 8' ceilings.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Finished painting the inside of the room, going to ignore the outside for the moment. Installed and activated the outlets, finalized the ceiling lights. Started fitting the trim. The trim for the top of the brick wall is cut, fitted and painted for install tomorrow.

156248 156249

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Getting there. Finished enough of the trim so I could put the washer/dryer back in place and not have to remove them again. On my 2nd load of wash. Door trim came out nice, and real easy. No 45 degree corner cuts that never match.

Still have a bit of trim, varnish the cabinet doors, mount the counter tops. Then paint and trim the outside, which will go fast. Maybe I'll get the garage organized soon and get my truck back in.

156382 156383 156384

TPD

the poor dad
Getting there. Finished enough of the trim so I could put the washer/dryer back in place and not have to remove them again. On my 2nd load of wash. Door trim came out nice, and real easy. No 45 degree corner cuts that never match.

Still have a bit of trim, varnish the cabinet doors, mount the counter tops. Then paint and trim the outside, which will go fast. Maybe I'll get the garage organized soon and get my truck back in.

View attachment 156382 View attachment 156383 View attachment 156384
I agree with what you have done with the door - no need to put a lock on it - ain't no dirty laundry thieves around!

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Needed to clean up and get the rest of the garage organized, so took a departure from the laundry room. I wanted better lighting, and had considered the 4 foot LED fluorescent replacements, but decided to go with ultra-thin flush mount, same as I used in the laundry room. Replaced (4) 100w butt-ugly 70's era fixtures with (12) 12w (75w equiv) LEDs. A little more work but worth the look. And cutting new 6" holes in plaster is a real mess.... chalk dust everywhere. Once the dust mess was cleaned up, I got half the floor painted and new storage racks put up. Wanted to paint the rest of the floor, but the garage door needs to be open and it was just too frikkin' windy today. Spent the day in the attic hooking up the new lights.

156567 156571 156570

156568 156569

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have to be honest ...dislike wall color...:twitch:
TBH, I'm not crazy about the color either, but I'm partial to off whites and earth tones. To each his own. I think Sneakers did an excellent job.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Well, then.... it's a good thing you guys don't live here!!! I've lived in this house since '94, and everything was brown and beige. It was time for some color. When the sun comes in, it lights up bright as day and looks like all the lights have been turned on.

Thank you for the compliments.

Reactions: TPD