Leave it to San Francisco

rack'm

Jaded
Federal Judge Declares Pledge Of Allegiance Unconstitutional

POSTED: 2:07 pm EDT September 14, 2005
UPDATED: 2:19 pm EDT September 14, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO -- A federal judge in San Francisco has declared it unconstitutional to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools.

The judge, ruling in a lawsuit brought by Sacramento atheist Michael Newdow, ruled Wednesday that he is bound by precedent of the Ninth U.S.Circuit Court of Appeals.

Newdow objected to the words "under God" in the pledge.

:duh:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
rack'm said:

SAN FRANCISCO -- A federal judge in San Francisco has declared it unconstitutional to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools.

The judge, ruling in a lawsuit brought by Sacramento atheist Michael Newdow, ruled Wednesday that he is bound by precedent of the Ninth U.S.Circuit Court of Appeals.

YES! Soon the Texas pledge of alliegence will be the only one said in schools. It will spread from that state and the brainwashing can begin!

D

dems4me

rack'm said:

effn' morons. :banghead:

Qpid

Good!

i always have to write notes to exclude my daughter from having to recite it...

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Both Newdow and the judge are first-class asshats, and I say this as someone who believes that "under God" doesn't belong in the Pledge.

On another board, I found a good term for Newdow -- "Born-Again Evangelical Atheist." Like the evangelists from the religions that he hates so much, the BAEA is just as zealous in trying to convert everyone he sees to his belief system. Newdow is not much different from Roy Moore--each wants government to endorse his religious beliefs.

Last edited:

slotted

rack'm said:

:dance: :cheers: :patriot:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
slotted said:
Slotted, in my view, the intent of the decision was OK but the decision itself was lousy. I think a better decision would have been to restore the Pledge to its pre-1954 wording, which was religion-neutral.

slotted

Bustem' Down said:
I have to say, I really don't know what all the fuss is about. So they have to say under god, big deal.

Attitudes like that let the disease of religion continue to spread!

Would you mind if they had to recite, "One Nation Under Pink Unicorns"?

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
slotted said:

I'm an atheist too. Is your belief in the non-exsistance of god so shaky that you can't say the words?

Qpid

slotted said:

well i wouldn't refer to religion as a "disease" but that statement "under god" is contradicting itself enough already....

God said do not put any other gods before me.
Yet we pledge to a flag aka (an idol of worship)

It contradicts one of the 10 commandments :shrug:

remove a similiar statement from the dollar bill too!!! "in god we trust"

*snicker*