Let's talk about Christmas decorations

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
As much as I hated to do it, I started putting Christmas items in my shops at Chesapeake Marketplace more than a month ago. I have sold a fair amount of vintage ornaments and decorations and jewelry already. There is still a fair amount of inventory to include a ceramic light up tree and a blow mold Santa (both of which were really hot last year) in addition to more mid century ornaments and hand made ornaments and sun catchers made with chandelier parts, crystals and glass beads.
As in when I had my retail store, I know if you wait too late, you miss a lot of opportunity to sell.
Hey, can you post a photo of your ceramic Christmas tree? If it is dissimilar to ones I already have, I'd love to buy it from you.

rio

There's a house on 235 as you get into Hollywood that always was lit up and the tree decorated in the window for awhile during the summer. Not sure if they still do or not but it's been very recent. I always wondered why.
The one on NB side just past whatever that little restaurant is now? I know who lives there (friends of a friend type of thing) and have always wondered why they did also. Seems like they haven't kept them on the past couple of years, but there were several years that they did for sure!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I have about 30 of the Dept 56 North Pole Christmas Houses. Haven't put them out for a few years.
Maybe this year.
Hubby made this for me a few years ago. Makes display easy.

1130201200 (2).jpg

mitzi

The one on NB side just past whatever that little restaurant is now? I know who lives there (friends of a friend type of thing) and have always wondered why they did also. Seems like they haven't kept them on the past couple of years, but there were several years that they did for sure!

Yes. It always seemed to be in mid summer.

Reactions: rio

Loper

Animal Poor!
As much as I hated to do it, I started putting Christmas items in my shops at Chesapeake Marketplace more than a month ago. I have sold a fair amount of vintage ornaments and decorations and jewelry already. There is still a fair amount of inventory to include a ceramic light up tree and a blow mold Santa (both of which were really hot last year) in addition to more mid century ornaments and hand made ornaments and sun catchers made with chandelier parts, crystals and glass beads.
As in when I had my retail store, I know if you wait too late, you miss a lot of opportunity to sell.
I need to come up and see your shop. I just recently started selling some stuff in a market in St. Mary's. It's all new to me, but I was asked weeks before Halloween when I would be making Christmas stuff and I refused to do so until Halloween was over. LOL

frequentflier

happy to be living
I need to come up and see your shop. I just recently started selling some stuff in a market in St. Mary's. It's all new to me, but I was asked weeks before Halloween when I would be making Christmas stuff and I refused to do so until Halloween was over. LOL
Curious where is there a market in St Mary's? What kind of things do you sell there?
I rent three booths at the Marketplace and sell handmade stuff, old stuff, new stuff and lots of in between.

GregV814

(this is a 1950's joke)

An old lady was shopping at Macy's on Christmas Eve, hoping to find one more gift. When she got on the elevator, she "tooted". She, quite embarrassed to find a drunk on the elevator, quickly whipped out a small bottle of fancy pine perfume and spritzed the cabin. "My" she said., "doesn't it smell like Christmas?"

The old drunk raised his head and said, "uhhhh no lady, somebody sh!t a Chrissmmaass Treee".

Loper

Animal Poor!
Curious where is there a market in St Mary's? What kind of things do you sell there?
I rent three booths at the Marketplace and sell handmade stuff, old stuff, new stuff and lots of in between.
The SOF market in Leonardtown, there are about 90 different "shops" that sell all kinds of things. I have a couple of shelves for resin art, pet memorials, trinket boxes, and such. I don't want to say more and be called out for spam... LOL

frequentflier

happy to be living
The SOF market in Leonardtown, there are about 90 different "shops" that sell all kinds of things. I have a couple of shelves for resin art, pet memorials, trinket boxes, and such. I don't want to say more and be called out for spam... LOL
I might be interested in renting space there with my hand made crafts and vintage jewelry. Looks expensive, though!