Little Bastages!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Kyle
Nein, Fräulein.

And Land Rovers have only been Ford owned for a very short time. They're British. And the only thing that was ever worse than an Italian car was a British one. :lol: j/k But it is a UK construct.

Doesn't matter where it's made, it's still a Ford now. There are plenty of Toyotas manufactured in the US does that make them American? Hardly.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by pixiegirl
Doesn't matter where it's made, it's still a Ford now.

Don't forget that Lotus, Jag and Rolls are all Ford owned too!

alex

I don't know about domestic vs import. I have a 1995 dodge with over 200K on it. Other than normal wear and tear - tires, brakes it has been fine.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by alex
I don't know about domestic vs import. I have a 1995 dodge with over 200K on it. Other than normal wear and tear - tires, brakes it has been fine.

You have one of a few.

I got rid of a '93 Dodge shadow with 129K because of tranny problems and a '97 Dodge conversion van because of engine problems at 72K.

The Fords are so far so good. :cheers:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
My first car was a 93 Dodge Shadow (that I bought in 95). It DIED at under 50K only a year after I got it. :burning:

My Celica I abused for most of the time I had it. Then I came to my senses and realized how mean I was to it. Had her checked out and some regular maintenace done to her and she was/still is fine. My dad bought it from me with 120K on it for my grandmother who had a Catilac that was stalling on her w/ only 70somethingK. She's had it for months and hasn't had a problem yet.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by justhangn
The Fords are so far so good. :cheers:

:burning: Except for my '00 Focus that wouldn't start one day a few weeks ago and again today!! Last time we managed to get it going and it was fine...this time it won't start for anything!! I just want to get it started so I can drive it to the dealership - towing is going to cost a fortune...$50 to hook it up and $2.50 per mile :yikes:!!! It's been a good car prior to this, though, so I can't complain.

I had 2 toyotas before my Ford, and both were gems!

J

justhangn

Originally posted by laureng
:burning: Except for my '00 Focus that wouldn't start one day a few weeks ago and again today!! Last time we managed to get it going and it was fine...this time it won't start for anything!! I just want to get it started so I can drive it to the dealership - towing is going to cost a fortune...$50 to hook it up and $2.50 per mile :yikes:!!! It's been a good car prior to this, though, so I can't complain.

LG, why didn't you get the extended warranty?

There is a RECALL on Focus' for a NO START problem. :really:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

God is punishing you for buying a Focus instead of another Yoda!

Hey Catt, :razz: ! Christy had me out in the hot tub last night. I'm sleepy and my spelling skills are down the crapper today. You don't really expect me to proof read do you?

JabbaJawz

Be about it
There is a RECALL on Focus' for a NO START problem. :really:

Seriously?? I've had it serviced for each and every warranty - so I'm sure it's been taken care of if I got the notice (and there's been SO many with it being a 1st yr. car). The warranty came and went so fast, and I never even considered and extended warranty. Ahhh well!! I could call AAA and join today, and call them tomorrow to tow the car, hehehe!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by pixiegirl
God is punishing you for buying a Focus instead of another Yoda!

Yes, I do believe you are right...we have already vowed we're not getting anymore Fords after we're done w/this one!

J

justhangn

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
:eek: What did Steve think about that?

He's recovering....the doctor has him on intravenous fluids and said the swelling will go down in a few days but his right arm may never be the same. :roflmao:

J

justhangn

Seriously?? I've had it serviced for each and every warranty - so I'm sure it's been taken care of if I got the notice (and there's been SO many with it being a 1st yr. car). The warranty came and went so fast, and I never even considered and extended warranty. Ahhh well!! I could call AAA and join today, and call them tomorrow to tow the car, hehehe!

There ya go. I got the extended warranty especially since it was the first year. :biggrin: I have 98K on my 2000 Focus and only started having issues with it....the biggest issue so far is having Waldorf Ford TOUCH IT. :burning:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I've been owner and/or operator of seven Fords and everyone of them were driven well over 200k with one at almost 300k.

A couple were heavily abused and still hit the 250 mark before being replaced.

As far as I'm concerned, almost any new car is going to be a good car if it's taken care of properly.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
There ya go. I got the extended warranty especially since it was the first year. :biggrin: I have 98K on my 2000 Focus and only started having issues with it....the biggest issue so far is having Waldorf Ford TOUCH IT. :burning:

Oh lord, hehe!! I've only had it at Aldridge, and this time it'll be going to the dealership in Laurel where I live since it's the closest. I have about 60K on mine, so it's not like it should be falling apart yet. And I do all of the regular maintenance, etc...

DAggggggg!!