local horse shows

devinej

so i've noticed that there are about a billion horse shows in st.mary's county this fall at 4 or 5 different locations. not sure how the turn out will be for each show if there are a billion of them - probably not great.

was wondering - what if we made a St.Mary's County Fall Schooling Show Circuit, and each location could host 1 show, and we'd get together on a prize list, put in all the classes everyone wants for each show and then we could have season end points and stuff. i think that would be fun.

what do you say? :popcorn:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
devinej said:
so i've noticed that there are about a billion horse shows in st.mary's county this fall at 4 or 5 different locations. not sure how the turn out will be for each show if there are a billion of them - probably not great.

was wondering - what if we made a St.Mary's County Fall Schooling Show Circuit, and each location could host 1 show, and we'd get together on a prize list, put in all the classes everyone wants for each show and then we could have season end points and stuff. i think that would be fun.

You missed all the drama BK. We would have tried that but for some reason some peeps just can't get along. :shrug:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
devinej said:

It is always more challenging to have to show at diff. venues for a show circuit vs. going to the same venue. Plus you don't have the pressure of only having 4 to 6 shows to get points. It might be to late to do for the Fall/Winter circuit, but might be something to look into for Spring/Summer.

All the classes, division, & rules would have to be the same.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BZHorseMomE said:
It is always more challenging to have to show at diff. venues for a show circuit vs. going to the same venue. Plus you don't have the pressure of only having 4 to 6 shows to get points. It might be to late to do for the Fall/Winter circuit, but might be something to look into for Spring/Summer.

All the classes, division, & rules would have to be the same.
Yes...and the people running the shows have to get along. Isn't that amazing? :lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Sadielady said:
You missed all the drama BK. We would have tried that but for some reason some peeps just can't get along. :shrug:

I'll be the fly on the wall. :howdy: I mean the moderator. :yay:

It could really be a win win situation for all the barns hosting not to mention the benefit for the competitors and their mounts.

BZHorseMomE

Havng a show series with more then 5 or 6 shows to the season, but with 12 to 15 shows a season might draw riders & horses from more then just the tri-county area.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BZHorseMomE said:
Havng a show series with more then 5 or 6 shows to the season, but with 12 to 15 shows a season might draw riders & horses from more then just the tri-county area.
I don't want to plan shows!!! I want to ride in shows. I don't like doing the planning. I want someone else to do it. :banghead:

devinej

well then you can ride and someone else can plan haha

i was trying to be positive and cheerful and forget about differences and there you go bringing them up again...lol

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
devinej said:
well then you can ride and someone else can plan haha

i was trying to be positive and cheerful and forget about differences and there you go bringing them up again...lol
I've tried! I have given up. :shrug: :popcorn:

BZHorseMomE

Sadielady said:
I don't want to plan shows!!! I want to ride in shows. I don't like doing the planning. I want someone else to do it. :banghead:

:lmao: That is to Funny!!

Maybe some farms in Calvert & Charles would have farms to host some shows & then we would have even more new places to show. :yahoo:

Tri County Horse Show Association or St. Mary's Horse Show Association. :popcorn:

Here is Howard County Horse Show Assoc. schedule for 07'http://hchsa.net/Schedule2007.htm and Baltimore County Horse Show Assoc. schedule http://bchsa.org/

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BZHorseMomE said:
:lmao: That is to Funny!!

Maybe some farms in Calvert & Charles would have farms to host some shows & then we would have even more new places to show. :yahoo:

Tri County Horse Show Association or St. Mary's Horse Show Association. :popcorn:

Here is Howard County Horse Show Assoc. schedule for 07'http://hchsa.net/Schedule2007.htm and Baltimore County Horse Show Assoc. schedule http://bchsa.org/
I am mad that I can't go to the clinic on Nov. 10th and 11th because I have to be at HP's show! :doh:

BZHorseMomE

I just don't know if anyone would be interested in doing something like this. It sure has worked for alot of these other groups & association that are able to set aside there own agendas. Seems like it would really benefit the horse community as a whole.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BZHorseMomE said:
I just don't know if anyone would be interested in doing something like this. It sure has worked for alot of these other groups & association that are able to set aside there own agendas. Seems like it would really benefit the horse community as a whole.
I agree, but no one listens to me anyway. :coffee:

BZHorseMomE

Sadielady said:
I am mad that I can't go to the clinic on Nov. 10th and 11th because I have to be at HP's show! :doh:

I'd like to go to audit that one. Garrison Forest was trying to get Anne Kursinski in for a clinic in Nov./Dec. 07'. Then again it will probably be the week of another show down here. :lmao:

See if all the barns having shows could join forces they could have a Schooling Series as well as a Clinic series to help everyone keep going over the Winter. :cartwheel

:starcat: Let's get Joe Fargis down here in So. MD.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BZHorseMomE said:
I'd like to go to audit that one. Garrison Forest was trying to get Anne Kursinski in for a clinic in Nov./Dec. 07'. Then again it will probably be the week of another show down here. :lmao:

See if all the barns having shows could join forces they could have a Schooling Series as well as a Clinic series to help everyone keep going over the Winter. :cartwheel

:starcat: Let's get Joe Fargis down here in So. MD.
That is what I told BK today... we can't go to him, maybe we can bring him here. Work on that one for me BZ. I am too busy planning shows that I never signed up to do! :lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Sadielady said:
That is what I told BK today... we can't go to him, maybe we can bring him here. Work on that one for me BZ. I am too busy planning shows that I never signed up to do! :lmao:

I already e-mailed Kim Williams, but she doesn't do clinics. She is so busy with all her students so I can understand that.

Would any other horse peeps want more clinics during the Fall/Winter seasons?? Guess that would need to be a new thread??

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Remember when I talked about trying to bring together a NCEL show team down here? I about got torn apart then. For some reason some peeps down here just don't like outsiders or transplants (as the locals call us) trying to create anything new. :shrug: :patriot:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
BZHorseMomE said:
I already e-mailed Kim Williams, but she doesn't do clinics. She is so busy with all her students so I can understand that.

Would any other horse peeps want more clinics during the Fall/Winter seasons?? Guess that would need to be a new thread??
It is past my bedtime. I am starting to turn into a pumpkin. Good night all. :huggy:

Robin

Sadielady said:
Remember when I talked about trying to bring together a NCEL show team down here? I about got torn apart then. For some reason some peeps down here just don't like outsiders or transplants (as the locals call us) trying to create anything new. :shrug: :patriot:
Havent you learned that you dont ask you do it and get folks pre-signed up. If you ask then you get negative feed back. If you bring them folks will come to the clinics. They have to have a couple months in advance to tuck away extra cash and get a friend talked into going with them. fear factor.